Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Mandalorian -- Star Wars -- News, rumors, etc. -- possible spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-20, 02:22 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts
Re: The Mandalorian -- Star Wars -- News, rumors, etc. -- possible spoilers

There isn’t much of one: Listings - MANDALORIAN, THE on DISNEY+ | TheFutonCritic.com
Old 10-29-20, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

I’ll probably do them later in the evening when they’re posted. That or I’ll just create it and edit the synopsis in later
Old 10-29-20, 02:31 PM

I think that is it. They probably don’t want to be more descriptive. Maybe more when it’s in the app.
Old 10-29-20, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Because it is the beginning of the story. The movie consists of what would’ve been episodes 1-4 of the series. Then comes the series. Episode 1 of the series is not anything in the movie. It’s not the same content.
Yeah, from what I understand, the Clone Wars movie is, literally, the first story arc from the tv series. Lucasfilm made a late decision to release the story as a theatrical movie instead of airing it with the rest of the first season. (The Clone Wars underperformed at the box office, btw.)

As to the episodes being out of order, that is true, and that's how they originally aired. No idea why. Even the Disney+ seventh season's story arcs aren't in chronological order.
Old 10-29-20, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you go by the chronological order on the Disney page it shows that the movie for The Clone Wars actually is after a couple episodes.
Old 11-05-20, 08:22 PM

Disney+’s signature original series, The Mandalorian, just returned for its second season, which had wrapped production just before the pandemic hit in March. While not officially greenlit, a third season of the hit Star Wars series has been in pre-production for months, with creator, director and executive producer Jon Favreau publicly stating that he hoped to start filming by end of 2020. That may be the case, with some sources indicating that the new season could begin production in late November/early December and as soon as next week, while others point to early 2021.

Season 3 of The Mandalorian was recently listed in Production Weekly with the working title Buccaneer, sparking a guessing game among fans what that moniker may entail. Per usual, Lucasfilm and Disney+ are keeping mum on details about the new season, including casting.

Sophie Thatcher (When the Street Lights Go On, Chicago Med) is being rumored to be joining The Mandalorian franchise. Nobody is commenting, and there is conflicting information whether she will be part of The Mandalorian‘s upcoming third season or an offshoot series (or both).

In February, then-Disney CEO Bob Iger hinted at the company’s plans to expand The Mandalorian franchise with spinoff series, teasing “the possibility of infusing (the mothership series) with more characters and taking those characters in their own direction in terms of series.”

There is speculation that such series is in the works, though it is unclear what Mandalorian character(s) would be spun off.

A recent online report pointed to a potential offshoot featuring Cara Dune, played by Gina Carano, and the Star Wars Rebels character Bo-Katan Kryze (Katee Sackhoff, who has been rumored to appear The Mandalorian‘s second season.) Such a project does not appear to be real, at least for now.

Adding to the confusion is the fact that Disney+ is developing a female-centered Star Wars series, written and showrun by Leslye Headland, believed to be a female-driven action thriller with martial arts elements and set in an alternate timeline from the usual Star Wars universe. The rumored spinoff is said to be separate from this Star Wars project but the situation is fluid.
Old 11-07-20, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Not sure I see the need for an alternate timeline. The GFFA covers tens of thousands of years, just go back a few centuries.
Old 11-07-20, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think Disney should just focus on The Mandalorian, and wait and see how their Kenobi and Cassian shows are received before getting antsy about making more.
The following users liked this post:
Decker (11-07-20)
Old 11-10-20, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
I think Disney should just focus on The Mandalorian, and wait and see how their Kenobi and Cassian shows are received before getting antsy about making more.
In an ideal world.

But with this pandemic really hitting them in the theme park division (by far their most profitable division) AND movie division Disney+ is really their lifeline during this whole thing and is what's keeping them afloat. So don't be surprised to see a bit of an explosion of content on Disney+ for the near future. In fact they restructured their management to focus on streaming content.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/12/disn...-consumer.html
Old 12-10-20, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Looks like a shit ton of new SW shows coming....

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 12-10-20, 04:18 PM

Four announced previously so far.
Old 12-10-20, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That’s a lot of content. Too much really when only one show is off the ground currently. Just seems ambitious to say ten more are coming, whether four were previously announced or not.
Old 12-10-20, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86
That’s a lot of content. Too much really when only one show is off the ground currently. Just seems ambitious to say ten more are coming, whether four were previously announced or not.
It’s no different than any other TV network, movie studio, or streaming service saying how many shows or movies they have upcoming.
Old 12-10-20, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It’s no different than any other TV network, movie studio, or streaming service saying how many shows or movies they have upcoming.
I’m just saying though. Ten Star Wars shows is a lot. Same applies to Marvel. As much as I like what Disney does with these properties at times they also have a tendency to kind of overkill it to the point where it’s too much content. I get it to an extent, but also it gets to be a lot.

Honestly if the pandemic has been good for anything it’s getting a break from a Marvel film every few months or whatever. Star Wars isn’t to that point, but if circumstances were different (not just the pandemic, but reactions to the films they’ve made so far) they would be doing the same almost assuredly.
Old 12-10-20, 04:43 PM

This is like at least 3 years worth of stuff. It’s not that much. Was it too much when Marvel announced 9 (at the time) Phase 3 films all at once? They announced 8 of their shows at once too.

Last edited by dex14; 12-10-20 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-10-20, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Holy shit

@Disney: Rangers of the New Republic, a new Original Series set within the timeline of @TheMandalorian, is coming to @DisneyPlus. https://t.co/YKlWJpvhAW

@Disney: Ahsoka, a new Original Series, starring @RosarioDawson and set within the timeline of @TheMandalorian, is coming to @DisneyPlus. https://t.co/ZojpCkhPS7
Old 12-10-20, 05:15 PM

I wonder what Rangers will be. Would that be the Gina Carano show?
Old 12-10-20, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Not if she gets fired for the anti-mask and trans stuff.
Old 12-10-20, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Curious about the Rangers show too. That does seem like it could be the Cara Dune and Greef Karga show.
Old 12-10-20, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

A part of me thinks it would be funny if the Rangers were all of the season one directors and Appa that fly around in their X-wings and patrol space like a Star Wars version of CHiPs.
Old 12-11-20, 07:46 AM

I watched the video from the announcement. Kennedy said that The Mandalorian, Rangers, and Ahsoka “will culminate in a climatic story event”.
The following 2 users liked this post by dex14:
tanman (12-11-20), VinVega (01-27-21)
Old 12-11-20, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
A part of me thinks it would be funny if the Rangers were all of the season one directors and Appa that fly around in their X-wings and patrol space like a Star Wars version of CHiPs.
That would be excellent... too bad Poe is too young during this timeline... he'd make an excellent Ponch
Old 12-11-20, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts

I watched the video from the announcement. Kennedy said that The Mandalorian, Rangers, and Ahsoka “will culminate in a climatic story event”.
Thrawn. Has to be Thrawn.

Wonder who they'll get to play him.

Old 12-11-20, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts

OMG it's going to be so epic. I almost can't believe we're getting this with Disney+. They are really doing a good job showing their dedication to the platform.
Old 12-11-20, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

So it's going to be weather related?
The following 3 users liked this post by windom:
Cellar Door (12-12-20), Deftones (12-12-20), tanman (12-13-20)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.