DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Mandalorian -- Star Wars -- News, rumors, etc. -- possible spoilers (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/607853-mandalorian-star-wars-news-rumors-etc-possible-spoilers.html)

calhoun07 10-18-07 05:18 PM

I'd rather see an anthology series that might tackle some of the lesser known characters in Star Wars, or feature stories about new characters or characters mentioned in passing but never seen. And each episode could be directed by a different director, but you could get a ton of people working on it over the course of the series. Maybe some story arcs could be expanded over a few episodes, but I wish they would go with the anthology idea.

Fielding Mellish 10-18-07 05:26 PM

"They are having a hard time," Lucas said. "They're saying, 'This doesn't fit into our little square boxes,' and I say, 'Well, yeah, but it's "Star Wars." And "Star Wars" doesn't fit into that box.' "

Actually, Georgie, it fits in this box...

http://www.germes-online.com/direct/...tal_Casket.jpg

TheBang 10-22-07 04:33 AM

Just give me another Ewok movie.

Josh-da-man 10-22-07 05:03 AM

"Star Wars: The Chronicles of Jar-Jar"

DaveCole 10-22-07 05:24 AM

We need a prequel Christmas show. Replace the wookies with gungans.

coli 10-22-07 07:40 AM

I am still waiting for George to do that small independent movies he told us he was going to focus on after Episode III.

This shows why the PT sucks, because SW is a cash cow now, plain & simple, and Lucas is ruining this franchise to fund Skywalker Ranch. I never begrudge a man that wants to make more money, but the reason this stuff stinks in SW-ville anymore, cause Lucas's heart is not in it, he is just looking at $$$$$.

Does anyone really care about what happens between Episode III & IV other then real SW dweebs who read all the EU books? George, how about showing something we don't what will happen in the end like something after Episode VI! I am diehard SW fan, but this TV show does zero for me, and I am starting to believe that SW is losing its mythology and George should have ended it in 1983 with Greedo Shooting First, and Shaw as that Force Ghost.

Terri 11-03-07 01:09 AM

The last trilogy (I,II,III) was filmed with digital camera. Was that in DVD or HD-DVD resolution?

The DVDs have great resolution and look fine. Is DVD their final stage?

Snowmaker 11-03-07 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Terri
The last trilogy (I,II,III) was filmed with digital camera.

Episode I was not. Just II & III.

Drop 11-03-07 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Episode I was not. Just II & III.

Well, if you want to get really picky, one scene in Episode I was.

hahn 11-03-07 05:45 PM

Let's hope Lucas has nothing to do with the writing. He came up with a great concept, but writing and plot development is NOT his forte. Hand it over to someone like Joss Whedon - I'd LOVE to see what Whedon could do with it.

Shady12 12-14-11 09:46 AM

Re: George Lucas: 'Star Wars' Series Not Far, Far Away

I had a dream last night that I was watching a live-action Star Wars TV show..I woke up and remembered that years ago there were threads on here(this is the one I found, I think there were others) about it actually happening. I'm assuming it is never going to happen?

Goat3001 12-14-11 10:25 AM

Apparently you missed the news. It's premiering Oct 2012 on FOX.

Larry C. 12-14-11 02:35 PM

Basically this has none of the characters you loveed growing up its about irrelevant shitheads that aren't worth your time. Enjoy!

madcougar 12-14-11 03:31 PM

Why must George Lucas continue to rape my childhood!?

Rob V 12-14-11 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Larry C. (Post 11042375)
Basically this has none of the characters you loveed growing up its about irrelevant shitheads that aren't worth your time. Enjoy!

So it's the prequels?

I Google searched and found nothing confirming this for 2012.

Shady12 12-14-11 04:11 PM

Hmm, guess I did miss the news?

critterdvd 12-14-11 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rob V (Post 11042478)
So it's the prequels?

I Google searched and found nothing confirming this for 2012.

The show has not been officially picked up by any network yet and I highly doubt that if this actually does materialize that it will be on cable. There is no way a broadcast business model can sustain such a television show. Look at "Terra Nova"

PopcornTreeCt 12-14-11 06:55 PM

It would be really awesome if HBO tackled a space-themed sci-fi show and none better universe than Star Wars.

Michael Corvin 12-14-11 08:47 PM

yeah, there had to be another thread because I remember posting (and getting flamed) in it. :lol:

Abob Teff 12-15-11 12:27 AM

This ...

NETFLIX LANDS STAR WARS SERIES
Los Gatos, CA, December 13, 2011 -- Prepare to get your Wookie on! Today Netflix CEO Reed Hastings made a major announcement: Netflix will be the new home of the Star Wars galaxy. "We are pleased to announce a 4-year exclusive deal for George Lucas' long-rumored "Star Wars" TV series. This partnership will allow us to boldly take streaming where no man has gone before!"

Financial details of the deal were not disclosed, but Netflix stakeholders are hoping this move will help restore customers' confidence in the embattled online video store. Inside sources (Bothan spies?) report the deal is an "open-ended" production deal that will allow George Lucas to "revisit" episodes every few years to keep the story fresh. "This is our chance to revisit the franchise as a true weekly serial -- the way I originally envisioned it," said Star Wars creator George Lucas. Lucas declined comment on speculation that the first several episodes would be "rebooted" versions of the movies. "We will see some of our favorite characters in earlier years of their lives ... can you imagine what the Sarlaac was like as a child?"

This is possibly the biggest announcement of Netflix's recent original programming deals which include House of Cards, Arrested Development, and an adult-oriented anime series based on the Peter Benchley classic novel "Jaws."

Spoiler:
You didn't really believe that ... did you?

Fielding Mellish 12-15-11 06:21 AM

Spoiler:
Not even for a second.

MikahC 12-15-11 06:29 AM

Well thank goodness for the spoiler because I was about to comment on using "where no man has gone before" attached to anything related to Star Wars.

Raul3 12-15-11 03:07 PM

OMG! I hope they don't raise the price of the monthly sub because of this.

;)

Abob Teff 12-15-11 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by MikahC (Post 11043112)
Well thank goodness for the spoiler because I was about to comment on using "where no man has gone before" attached to anything related to Star Wars.

I thought that would be enough ... but then you never know.

TGM 01-09-12 07:01 PM

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/01/...-rick-mccallum

some interesting updates.

the bullet points:

Spoiler:
50 scripts have been completed
The episodes are an hour long
Each is “bigger” than “any of the prequels were”
They take place between episode 3 and episode 4
The working title is Star Wars: Underworld and the show is about the “underneath of what is going on”, “the criminals, the gangs that are running like, you know Wall Street, basically running the United States”
McCallum describes the show as “complex”, “dark” and “adult”
The budget could be as much as $5 million per episode
But the show just can’t be made for that at the moment
The budget is high because there are lots of digitally animated characters