Reload this Page >

Dexter -- "Do You See What I See?" -- 12/09/12

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dexter -- "Do You See What I See?" -- 12/09/12

Old 12-10-12, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dexter -- "Do You See What I See?" -- 12/09/12

Some parts of that preview for next week seem to be a dream/fantasy sequence to me. Including Doakes with his "Surprise Mo-Fo!" shout-out. We all know he was blown to bits in that cabin.
Old 12-10-12, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So now it would be a surprise, if we learn that Deb didn't dose her water.
Old 12-10-12, 07:52 AM

Why would Deb risk her own life to almost die in a car crash like that? If Hannah would have used her flower poison, than it would have been obvious.

She's not the smartest criminal. She even let Sal Price leave her house with his poisoned pen that Dexter found - with her fingerprints all over it and traces of the poison still on it's tip.

After the way she spoke to her drugged out ex-roommate in the car, you can tell she's not all that she's trying to make herself out to be. So I don't think Deb did it to herself.
Old 12-10-12, 08:17 AM

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Based on this episode, I think they're setting up a spin-off show where Quinn and Angel move to Vegas.
Old 12-10-12, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mickey65 View Post
Some parts of that preview for next week seem to be a dream/fantasy sequence to me. Including...
Our guideline here is to discuss previews in spoiler tags so folks like myself who don't watch the previews don't have to see them. Preferably with a non-spoiler intro that you're discussing previews in spoiler tags. Heck, we even spoiler the plot synopsis. The thread has several posts from people saying they wish they hadn't seen the previews. Then we get a discussion of the previews right out in the open. I'm seriously at a loss. What's done is done, but I'd really like to know the thinking behind it.
Old 12-10-12, 09:03 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Why would Deb risk her own life to almost die in a car crash like that? If Hannah would have used her flower poison, than it would have been obvious.

She's not the smartest criminal. She even let Sal Price leave her house with his poisoned pen that Dexter found - with her fingerprints all over it and traces of the poison still on it's tip.

After the way she spoke to her drugged out ex-roommate in the car, you can tell she's not all that she's trying to make herself out to be. So I don't think Deb did it to herself.
I keep going back and forth on this as well for the reasons you mentioned above. Plus, Hannah's last words to Dexter: "You should have just killed me." Possibly an admission of guilt (though not necessarily).
Old 12-10-12, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Geofferson View Post
I keep going back and forth on this as well for the reasons you mentioned above. Plus, Hannah's last words to Dexter: "You should have just killed me." Possibly an admission of guilt (though not necessarily).
I take her last line as "I'd rather be dead than locked up".
Old 12-10-12, 09:24 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
I take her last line as "I'd rather be dead than locked up".
Agreed - that's a completely valid perspective too. I just don't know if I buy into the fact that Deb poisoned her own water. That BMW was totaled -- which she probably shouldn't have even survived (or at least suffered more severe injuries).
Old 12-10-12, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MikahC View Post
Our guideline here is to discuss previews in spoiler tags so folks like myself who don't watch the previews don't have to see them. Preferably with a non-spoiler intro that you're discussing previews in spoiler tags. Heck, we even spoiler the plot synopsis. The thread has several posts from people saying they wish they hadn't seen the previews. Then we get a discussion of the previews right out in the open. I'm seriously at a loss. What's done is done, but I'd really like to know the thinking behind it.
FYI - That wasn't a spoiler. No such line was uttered on the preview.
Old 12-10-12, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Im with the idea that Deb spike her own water... I just dont see Hannah trying it if she in fact really did love Dexter.

I would've love to see hannah around more and keep butting heads with Deb. That meeting with them two was simply awesome. "I love Dexter"... "I love him too". lol

I can't wait for next week's season finale.
Old 12-10-12, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Geofferson View Post
The way I took that is that if he would have just killed her then she wouldn't have fallen in love with him. Not this hurts her a lot more.
Old 12-10-12, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
FYI - That wasn't a spoiler. No such line was uttered on the preview.
I remember that line in the preview.
Old 12-10-12, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis View Post
The way I took that is that if he would have just killed her then she wouldn't have fallen in love with him. Not this hurts her a lot more.
I see it as both that yes, she would rather be dead than imprisoned but even moreso it would have avoided the pain she feels from his betrayal of her after they fell in love.
Old 12-10-12, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001 View Post
I wonder if they're setting him up as a big bad for next season. It would be a good bookend to the series with Dexter learning more about his mother and Harry along the way.
Spoiler:
Based on the preview, it looks like Dexter captures him again and will probably kill him. He's the guy you see being thrown into the car.

I thought of the possibility that it was Hannah, howvever, she did lie about when she took the pill. When Dexter said that the drug could have built up in her system, Deb says that she only took one pill "last night." However, we saw her take the pill two night ago, when she was planting the evidence at LGuerta's house. Plus the fact that we didn't see the crash and Deb escaped with minor injuries makes it more likely that she staged the crash.
Old 12-10-12, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Crazy theory:
Any chance Matthews has known about Dexter all along (He was Harry's best friend after all, and covered up his suicide) and has been "looking out for him"?

I think the preview gave away too much, and I think there may be a few red herrings in there.

Letting Estrada go was ridiculous. And will someone (anyone) just kill LaGuerta? I wan't to punch my tv every time she comes on.

Last edited by Jazzbutcher; 12-10-12 at 10:31 AM. Reason: typos/errors
Old 12-10-12, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't think Matthews knows about Dexter. It's more likely that his judgement is clouded by his friendship with Harry. Plus, his hatred of LaGuerta is probably a driving force in proving her wrong.
Old 12-10-12, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

We have been asked to believe some pretty crazy things fall just right for Dexter in the past to be sure. But there are so-o-o-o many loose threads dangling now that it is stretching credulity to believe there is any way for him to continue to walk the streets a free man for much longer. How many people are walking around now that know or at least very strongly suspect that he is a serial killer? Five? Six? As opposed to previous seasons where at most one - who always met their demise (save for Lumen)?

Characters that know Dexter murders people:

Lumen
Deb
Hannah
The guy he didn't get to kill last night
LaGuerta (believes but can't prove yet)
Matthews (maybe?)
More?

I think his hobby barely qualifies as a secret any more.
Old 12-10-12, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Bill Needle View Post
We have been asked to believe some pretty crazy things fall just right for Dexter in the past to be sure. But there are so-o-o-o many loose threads dangling now that it is stretching credulity to believe there is any way for him to continue to walk the streets a free man for much longer. How many people are walking around now that know or at least very strongly suspect that he is a serial killer? Five? Six? As opposed to previous seasons where at most one - who always met their demise (save for Lumen)?

Characters that know Dexter murders people:

Lumen
Deb
Hannah
The guy he didn't get to kill last night
LaGuerta (believes but can't prove yet)
Matthews (maybe?)
More?

I think his hobby barely qualifies as a secret any more.
I could see 2 or 3 of those names crossed off the list in the season finale. I'm starting to wonder if the writers even have the guts to let Dexter get captured.
Old 12-10-12, 01:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Also not thrilled about Dexter's moves in this one. He's always had a sense about what people were up to, stayed 1 step ahead, but he had none of that in this one. So LaGuerta finds a cargo box covered in plastic with a chainsaw still running inside: Seems she should be pretty sure by now it's Dexter, right?
Old 12-10-12, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I could buy Dexter not seeing the setup because it caught me off guard too. It seems obvious now in retrospect, but I wasn't thinking about it.

I think it's pretty clear Deb spiked her own drink. They never showed us the accident itself or how it happened. And Hannah wouldn't be able to know which bottle of water Deb would grab, nor that Deb would necessarily be driving in a car while drinking it. If she wanted Deb dead, it doesn't seem like counting on a car accident to do the job would be a great idea. Even if it was successful, it would have been a dumb plan since benzodiazepines like alprazolam is easily measured in blood and as we saw, easily found in the water bottle.

I'm wondering what Dexter was thinking leaving the chainsaw running in his clean room was for. He obviously wanted LaGuerta to find it, otherwise, he would have just turned it off. LaGuerta had no idea which shipping container he'd be in.
Old 12-10-12, 01:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by uteotw View Post
So LaGuerta finds a cargo box covered in plastic with a chainsaw still running inside: Seems she should be pretty sure by now it's Dexter, right?
Obviously.
Old 12-10-12, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 225 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by malichai View Post
Same here. I just didn't have the self control to stop myself. There was a single reveal in that preview that I wish I could scrub from my brain, because I'll spend the entire episode waiting for it.
Depending on what you're talking about from the preview...

Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure that Doakes will be his Dark Passenger/Harry surrogate.

And if it's the arrest, I'm betting that's a dream or fantasy sequence, like Dexter killing Masuka. They aren't going to reveal something that big in the preview. Actually, that would point to Dexter not being arrested in the episode...
Old 12-10-12, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Estrada will end up being Dexter's last kill of his life. It makes sense for things to come full circle.
Old 12-10-12, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
Depending on what you're talking about from the preview...

Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure that Doakes will be his Dark Passenger/Harry surrogate.

And if it's the arrest, I'm betting that's a dream or fantasy sequence, like Dexter killing Masuka. They aren't going to reveal something that big in the preview. Actually, that would point to Dexter not being arrested in the episode...
Spoiler:

Yes, I was referring to the arrest. You're probably right though, revealing that in a preview if it is actually going to happen would be pretty stupid.
Old 12-10-12, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I agreed with everyone that Deb spiked her own water. I don't think Hannah did it. Like she said, she don't make mistake if she wanted someone killed. The comment at the end is nothing more than her feeling betrayed by Dexter.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.