DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Fringe - "The Human Kind"- 12/7/12 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/607109-fringe-human-kind-12-7-12-a.html)

cleaver 12-08-12 01:27 AM

Fringe - "The Human Kind"- 12/7/12

Single greatest hour of television I've ever seen. Currently 9.7 on imdb. Gut wrenching unforgettable stuff by Anna Torv. Matrix quality in 44 minutes.

bluesix 12-08-12 02:12 AM

Re: Fringe - "The Human Kind"- 12/7/12

I guess there goes the theory that Peter will somehow end up being the forerunner or original observer.

You've gotta love the fact that this show still keeps you guessing just when you think you've figured out the rest of the storyline and how it might have culminated in some cliche ending.

I still think they will somehow end up wrapping things up with a 'the events of our present somehow make the future we are fighting happen' conclusion but I will be very pleased and impressed if they find a different way to do things.

Scorpio 12-08-12 02:43 AM

Indeed, this episode was sooooo good.

Obviously, Walter is going to wake up from his dream in the mental institution in the final episode.

hahn 12-08-12 02:48 AM

I wasn't expecting a new episode until 2013 so this was a pleasant surprise. Good episode. Anna Torv has come along ways as an actress. When the series first started I thought they messed up on casting because she seemed wooden. Not anymore. And she's somehow far more attractive now too.

How many more episodes are there? Edit: just looked it up. Only 5?? I'm going to be bummed when its over. :(

Scorpio 12-08-12 02:54 AM

When she was essentially playing herself, alt, and channeling Bell, she should have been nominated for an Emmy.

DJariya 12-08-12 05:42 AM

thx for starting this. Had to be up for work at 2am, so didn't have time to start this.

Baron Of Hell 12-08-12 07:56 AM

The resit posters were being taken down, is that tied to Peter?

dex14 12-08-12 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by cleaver (Post 11498594)
Single greatest hour of television I've ever seen. Currently 9.7 on imdb. Gut wrenching unforgettable stuff by Anna Torv. Matrix quality in 44 minutes.

That is just a bit excessive....

Raul3 12-08-12 02:19 PM

Really loved this episode. This was a love letter to the history of Sci-Fi.

Deftones 12-08-12 02:48 PM

Sweet episode. Throw out the Peter as September theories! I liked that they led us down that path, but then swerved back a different way. Next weeks preview looks funny, in a Fringe way.

SuckaMC 12-08-12 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell (Post 11498667)
The resit posters were being taken down, is that tied to Peter?

Pretty sure they were just finally being taken down. It also serves to let Olivia know how to reach Peter, with her whole "Etta is still with us unless we forget her" speech.

Great episode. Observer fight was cool.

Time Warrior 12-08-12 05:56 PM

This show just keeps getting better and better. Has anything had a final season as brilliant as this? Staggering.

Setzer 12-08-12 06:08 PM

Really good episode. Fringe will go down as one of my top 5 favorite TV shows of all-time and I'm sad its coming to an end.

45shooter 12-08-12 10:42 PM

This is so depressing - this show has gotten better every year and has been uniformly excellent this season and then you realize there are only five episodes left. Both Anna and Joshua delivered on the brilliant script and Anna has never looked better. And there are only five eps left, dammit.

DJariya 12-08-12 10:49 PM

I read that Anna and Joshua won't be auditioning any new shows for the 2013-2014 season. They are both taking a year off.

cleaver 12-09-12 12:41 AM

Simone you have a gift. You can see things that other people can’t. I don't doubt that. But wherever you think this gift came from, or whoever you think bestowed it upon you, it’s simply an anomaly. I know that because I’m an anomaly. I’ve moved things with my mind. I’ve lit things on fire. I’ve caught bullets mid air. I’ve seen thing that people only dream about. I’ve seen the seams between universes ripped apart. Things that humans shouldn't see. People make up explanations; assign meaning to things without knowing because it's, it's reassuring, it's comforting. But I can't do that. Because I know too much. It's all just numbers. And the 'invaders,' as you call them? They’re just better at math than we are. Thank you for the magnet.

Moopher 12-09-12 02:24 AM

Great television...Everyone really needs to give this show a chance. I've already gotten a few people to watch it, and they got sucked in like I did. Still trying to break a few more people in, they have no idea what they're missing out on.

Dragon Tattoo 12-09-12 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by cleaver (Post 11498594)

:lol: Oh man, you Fringe fans are something else.

TheGuy 12-09-12 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by cleaver (Post 11499460)
Simone you have a gift. You can see things that other people can’t. I don't doubt that. But wherever you think this gift came from, or whoever you think bestowed it upon you, it’s simply an anomaly. I know that because I’m an anomaly. I’ve moved things with my mind. I’ve lit things on fire. I’ve caught bullets mid air. I’ve seen thing that people only dream about. I’ve seen the seams between universes ripped apart. Things that humans shouldn't see. People make up explanations; assign meaning to things without knowing because it's, it's reassuring, it's comforting. But I can't do that. Because I know too much. It's all just numbers. And the 'invaders,' as you call them? They’re just better at math than we are. Thank you for the magnet.

I was waiting for her to say "Time to die" at the end of that speach. Lol

Gunde 12-09-12 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo (Post 11499522)

So are you DT. So are you.

RichC2 12-09-12 10:35 AM

Well for someone that follows the show I can see Gut Wrenching.

Matrix Quality isn't really a complement in my book (Dull, goofy leather fetish and Derivative? I'll admit it was developed at a time where it couldn't really be derivative of Dark City or Lain, but they were both superior imo).

Oh and any Fringe fans who haven't seen it, Fringe still reminds me of Lain (crossed with Half Life), and that show was awesome :lol:

Astrofan 12-09-12 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by cleaver (Post 11499460)

I'm not sure what the point of the above post is, but next time may I suggest quote marks?

hahn 12-10-12 12:57 AM

There are probably plenty of people on here who didn't think it was the greatest hour of television ever. And yet, no one else felt it necessary to rain on someone else's parade. You do this a LOT. Seriously, what's wrong with you?

Superman07 12-10-12 06:16 AM

I thought she got dupped by the road block too easily, but was pleased how she got herself free. Very brutal! Like how she didn't hesitate to take down the second guy either.

Never was on board with Peter as September, so glad to see that plot get wrapped up.

So 2 more weeks the a break until the final 3?

Superman07 12-10-12 06:23 AM

I thought she got dupped by the road block too easily, but was pleased how she got herself free. Very brutal! Like how she didn't hesitate to take down the second guy either.

Never was on board with Peter as September, so glad to see that plot get wrapped up.

So 2 more weeks the a break until the final 3?