Homeland -- "Broken Hearts" -- 12/02/12

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Homeland -- "Broken Hearts" -- 12/02/12

Old 12-05-12, 04:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
Re: Homeland -- "Broken Hearts" -- 12/02/12

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt View Post
In case anyone was wondering, it's real thing.
Did you ready any of the comments, though?

Interesting article, but we need to calm down a little. First of all there is NO capability for a standard 5 Volt pacemaker to be able to generate an 800 Volt lethal shock. That is electronically an impossibility and pacemaker users can be assured of that.

Secondly, implanted defibrillators (ICDs), which are less common than pacemakers, CAN generate these high voltages (that is how they work when restarting the heart) but they can only be re-programmed under carefully controlled circumstances not replicatable by a remote hacker. SO thatís not going to happen either.

The concerns about accessing secure information are much more feasible, but naturally all such traffic is heavily encrypted so it is no less secure, and probably much more secure, than Internet shopping.
The last thing we want is multitudes of pacemaker patients panicking about this.
This show is getting beyond ridiculous. It started off as "24 for adults", but it's quickly becoming "24 for retards".
Old 12-05-12, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was reading an article yesterday that "a lot" of people didn't like this episode.

Like some here, but more extreme.

I thought it was good, yeah, they took some liberties, but nothing that didn't help to advance the plot. So it's fine for me.
Old 12-05-12, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone else think Saul is in danger of being taken out? Either they're going to set him up or he gets taken out with friendly fire. Estes has already said that no one respects him any more and he's sticking his nose in things he doesn't seem to have clearance for.

I can believe he got to the president, only a few people know about him being a traitor, but like someone else said how are they not monitoring his phone calls at this point. It would make more sense if he had a hidden phone that they didn't know about but Saul called him on Carrie's phone so it's his normal phone.
Old 12-05-12, 09:37 AM

Received 120 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by John Slider View Post
This episode definitely felt more like 24.
Anybody who doubts this can test it out for themselves. Rewatch the end of the episode...when Carrie goes through the door and it fades to black make the "boop beep" noises...it works perfectly.
Old 12-05-12, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

While it does seem to be getting more into 24 territory it isn't fully there yet. Not until we get a crazy car chase through DC.

Also, 24 was awesome. While I was hoping this would be less ridiculous, I'm not about to stop watching even if it completely turns into 24.
Old 12-05-12, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
I have no idea how Season 2 will wrap up, but I can't imagine it will end with any scenario that allows Brody to continue as one of the main stars. Kind of like what happened on 24 with President Palmer (who, viewers will remember, was pretty much a co-star with Kiefer when that series first started), I think the Brody storyline has run its course. The only reason I think they kept Damian around is because he's just an incredible actor.

That said I HAVE heard that Lewis has signed on for several more seasons...but that may just be a smokescreen he allowed to be put out there so viewers wouldn't guess his fate. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Carrie is the one who winds up killing him.
The only thing that works for me is 1) Brody getting killed or incarcerated or 2) Brody going totally rogue and becoming the new Nazir who becomes THE show's main antagonist ongoing.
Old 12-05-12, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
2) Brody going totally rogue and becoming the new Nazir who becomes THE show's main antagonist ongoing.
I feel that would be a big departure for everything we know about Brody. We always thought of him as someone that was brainwashed but not a bad person. He loves his family and never truly wanted to commit an act of terror that would harm innocent lives. It always seemed to be about the vice president and anyone involved in the drone strike. I think there would have to be a major event for him to go rogue and become a full blown terrorist. Maybe something that involves his daughter getting killed by the CIA?

I can, however, see Brody escaping the country and the CIA working to track him down next season. Maybe as a side plot. He's not doing anything bad while he's out of the country, he's just on the run. I can get behind a side plot of Quinn hunting down Brody.
Old 12-05-12, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
A few episodes ago it sounded like Danny was wounded badly and iffy for surviving. Surprised to see his miraculous recovery. and to top it off, he came back with only a sling on his shoulder.
and does absolutely nothing. Why even have him there?
Old 12-05-12, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 143 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
The only thing that works for me is 1) Brody getting killed or incarcerated or 2) Brody going totally rogue and becoming the new Nazir who becomes THE show's main antagonist ongoing.
I'd be down for the latter.
Old 12-05-12, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i put my finger on what is off about the daughter. she talks like a ventriloquist and doesn't really move her lips.
Old 12-05-12, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dave99 View Post
Because there's more to him.
Old 12-05-12, 04:22 PM

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

you have not figured it out yet?
Old 12-05-12, 05:08 PM
Banned

Wow. Really?
Old 12-05-12, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, I get that. I'll be really disappointed if they made it that obvious.
Old 12-07-12, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
you have not figured it out yet?
He's the mole? He's really Superman? He really died a few eps ago and now only the CIA can see his ghost?
Old 12-07-12, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Watched this episode again and it really borders on jumping the shark.

Carrie going after Nazir at the end is one of the only moments that actually does ring true.
Old 12-08-12, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 364 Likes on 287 Posts

I was surprised they killed the vice or did they?

Anyway, I was thinking that Saul was about to be disappeared when he was detained at the doorway.
Old 12-09-12, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just caught up with the show. I was behind by six episodes and just finished the most recent one.

I didn't see any of the previews, so I have no idea if any of this has already been proven false. I believe that it'll show Carrie walk into that room, and she will find Abu Nazir either dead, or dying, having committed suicide knowing that his plan was completed.

To take it a step further, in the meantime and not seen on screen, before Nazir went through with it and knowing Brody is not in a very complicated situation, he called or texted him information on how to meet up with a cell of terrorists who can help him escape the country, but he has to move quick. Then, Brody now having committed such an awful act, and his love for Isa and that side renewed, he begins to fully dedicate his life to the terrorists, leading to a setup for the third season where he is essentially the new Nazir, and much of the next season will take place overseas.

The last part may be pretty out there, yeah. But I do fully believe the first part of Nazir having killed himself. Then again, like I said, all of that could be meaningless by now if he was shown in any previews.

I can't wait for the next episode!
Old 12-10-12, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Excellent theory!!! Too bad that it was totally wrong.
Old 12-10-12, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 143 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3 View Post
Excellent theory!!! Too bad that it was totally wrong.
Well azir did technically
Spoiler:
commit suicide by FBI.
So Brent L was a tiny little bit right.
Old 12-29-12, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rex Fenestrarum View Post
Did you ready any of the comments, though?

This show is getting beyond ridiculous. It started off as "24 for adults", but it's quickly becoming "24 for retards".
I just now caught up with this show... way behind, so I'm sure everyone else has already moved on.

As it happens, I wrote a political thriller (published in July) that used a very similar method of killing off a character. But it wasn't the administration of an ultra-powerful shock that did the trick; it was a normal shock (more than one, actually), but timed to disrupt the heart's normal beat pattern. I did some research on this, and found that you can destabilize the heart's rhythm by providing a jolt at just the right (or wrong) time. Not that that's what they were doing here... I'm just saying. And yes, it's still pretty far-fetched.
Old 12-29-12, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, congrats on getting published! (Assuming it's your first time) Very cool.