TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Homeland -- "Broken Hearts" -- 12/02/12

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-12, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Homeland -- "Broken Hearts" -- 12/02/12

Originally Posted by barelypure
Any hints as to why Saul was called up or down rather than going with Quinn? I had other things going on and I may have missed why he was pulled.
He basically accused estes of being a shit-heel, and knows that quinn works with dara-daal or whatever his name is.
Old 12-03-12, 01:50 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Even though Dara Dal has had greater success in the FBI, it kills him to know that Saul is the better agent. So he conspires to take Saul down even while pretending to be his friend.
Old 12-03-12, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I enjoyed this episode but had serious problems with the sequence where Brody kills the VP. I'm willing to buy that maybe, just maybe there'd be no secret service/assistants/secretary outside the VPs office when he's somewhere else in the building, but when his meeting ends and he's in his office? There would be secret service agents stationed right outside his door, they'd probably hear the struggle and even if not, Brody would have a hell of a time explaining why he waited until the VP was dead before calling someone.

Originally Posted by Groucho
Even though Dara Dal has had greater success in the FBI, it kills him to know that Saul is the better agent. So he conspires to take Saul down even while pretending to be his friend.
Nicely done.
Old 12-03-12, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

This kid told me about it but I didn't believe him.

Old 12-03-12, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by barelypure
Any hints as to why Saul was called up or down rather than going with Quinn? I had other things going on and I may have missed why he was pulled.
prediction
Spoiler:
Estes is either a mole or wants Carrie and or Brody dead so they can continue covering up the drone strike
Old 12-03-12, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought Saul was being briefed about the VP dying.
Old 12-03-12, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Well at least we know who the mole is now
Old 12-03-12, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

If Carrie goes face to face with Nazir she'll be saved when Chris busts into the room and distracts him by asking to play hearts.

Either that or the series will end with the big reveal that the whole thing has been the figment of that sad sack's imagination and it all played out in his mind during a ride to karate practice and, sadly, his mom is not in fact that damn hot.
Old 12-03-12, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by mugwump
Either that or the series will end with the big reveal that the whole thing has been the figment of that sad sack's imagination and it all played out in his mind during a ride to karate practice and, sadly, his mom is not in fact that damn hot.
I've often wondered if the series will end with Carrie in a straight jacket...but the "it was all a dream/hallucination" deal has been so overdone, I think there wouldn't be a place on earth Howard Gordon could hide.
Old 12-03-12, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I would actually be okay with this season if it ended with them catching Nazir but then it flashes to Carrie getting electro shock therapy. Only because I would prefer Nazir to be a series lasting bad guy and Brody killing the VP should've been saved for a few seasons down the road.
Old 12-03-12, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I would actually be okay with this season if it ended with them catching Nazir but then it flashes to Carrie getting electro shock therapy. Only because I would prefer Nazir to be a series lasting bad guy and Brody killing the VP should've been saved for a few seasons down the road.
The season ends with Estes walking up and finding the Veep taking a shower.
Old 12-03-12, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by RocShemp
The season ends with Estes walking up and finding the Veep taking a shower.

I'm okay with this.
Old 12-03-12, 11:27 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mordred
I enjoyed this episode but had serious problems with the sequence where Brody kills the VP. I'm willing to buy that maybe, just maybe there'd be no secret service/assistants/secretary outside the VPs office when he's somewhere else in the building, but when his meeting ends and he's in his office? There would be secret service agents stationed right outside his door, they'd probably hear the struggle and even if not, Brody would have a hell of a time explaining why he waited until the VP was dead before calling someone.
The writers have already outright admitted they fudge security shit with this show in the service of suspense. In reality, there's no way Brody would ever be allowed anywhere near the VP again, especially once they found out Nazir kidnapped Carrie. It's probably best to just accept it rather than point out something everyone (even the writers of this show) already know.
Old 12-04-12, 01:19 AM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

It seems like they are headed down a path that will only make sense and allow a third season if

specualtion:

Spoiler:
Brody is still aligned with Nazir
Old 12-04-12, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I thought Saul was being briefed about the VP dying.
That's what I figured too.

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo
The writers have already outright admitted they fudge security shit with this show in the service of suspense. In reality, there's no way Brody would ever be allowed anywhere near the VP again, especially once they found out Nazir kidnapped Carrie. It's probably best to just accept it rather than point out something everyone (even the writers of this show) already know.
Yeah. Plus I can't imagine anyone, even a Congressman, having free reign to walk anywhere in the VP's residence/office.
Old 12-04-12, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

I have no idea how Season 2 will wrap up, but I can't imagine it will end with any scenario that allows Brody to continue as one of the main stars. Kind of like what happened on 24 with President Palmer (who, viewers will remember, was pretty much a co-star with Kiefer when that series first started), I think the Brody storyline has run its course. The only reason I think they kept Damian around is because he's just an incredible actor.

That said I HAVE heard that Lewis has signed on for several more seasons...but that may just be a smokescreen he allowed to be put out there so viewers wouldn't guess his fate. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Carrie is the one who winds up killing him.
Old 12-04-12, 10:25 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I can see them keeping Brody around in some capacity, where he appears in a couple episodes in each season...but yeah, I don't see him as the star.

One possible exception is a cliffhanger at the end of this season where he and Carrie run off together. But I'd rather not see that...I'd rather have a season 3 where Carrie, Saul, and company go after a new villain.
Old 12-04-12, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I have no idea how Season 2 will wrap up, but I can't imagine it will end with any scenario that allows Brody to continue as one of the main stars. Kind of like what happened on 24 with President Palmer (who, viewers will remember, was pretty much a co-star with Kiefer when that series first started), I think the Brody storyline has run its course. The only reason I think they kept Damian around is because he's just an incredible actor.
I would have agreed with this after Season 1, or even after a few episodes in Season 2, but I think they are going to keep Brody around and it could be the downfall of this show. They may drag the Brody 'double-cross' storyline too much where it just becomes redundant. But I will say that everytime I question that the show has hits its climax of a certain storyline, they throw another curveball at the viewer and take it in a totally different direction.
Old 12-04-12, 11:40 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

what a fucking awesome episode!
Old 12-04-12, 12:43 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I gues no expects a decorated solider and potential vp candidate to be a threat...

wrong!

defintely more 24 like this season.. but still a good watch
Old 12-04-12, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I agree. This episode definitely felt more like 24. It's still entertaining, but I find it to be more of a popcorn show and less cerebral, not that season one was perfect either.
Old 12-04-12, 07:06 PM

You would think after the shit that went down in the strip club last week, Saul would be more careful.
Old 12-04-12, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

A few episodes ago it sounded like Danny was wounded badly and iffy for surviving. Surprised to see his miraculous recovery. and to top it off, he came back with only a sling on his shoulder.
Old 12-05-12, 01:28 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

Good episode, but I'm struggling with the fact that the triple agent that Brodie is now can take calls that aren't monitored, and/or he can roam freely around any place.

And Skype on the Bberry - I thought they could barely take photos. At least Nasir has the sense to have an iPhone 5. No problems with him getting those as burners..
Old 12-05-12, 02:07 AM

Funny how Brody could walk about fifteen feet away from two secret service guys, enter an empty room and scream "NAZIR" over and over without anyone noticing.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.