Reload this Page >

The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Old 12-04-12, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Thanks bt. It got me thinking because of the Carl soundbite on the preview and the introduction of Tyrese. I've only read up to the Woodbury stuff and haven't read the rest of the series.
Old 12-04-12, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 905 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by Krayzie View Post
Yeah, I was also surprised they didn't do that. I am sure if Rick was there he would have chopped off her arm.
Wasn't she already dead by the time they got into the prison at the point where Carl found them?
Old 12-04-12, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 905 Likes on 609 Posts

Story Here.

‘The Walking Dead’ midseason finale draws 10.5 million, beats broadcast networks

Daniel S Levine
12/4/2012

The Walking Dead is a ratings juggernaut. The show’s midseason finale drew an astounding 10.5 million viewers Sunday night on AMC, beating everything on the major broadcast networks except football.

According to The New York Times, the episode also drew a 5.3 18-49 rating, which is better than what hit network shows like The big Bang Theory and Modern Family average each week.

The Walking Dead drew 10.5 million viewers, which easily beat everything on the broadcast networks except NBC’s Sunday Night Football coverage, notes The Wrap.

Back in October, its third season premiere drew a record 10.9 million viewers and a 5.8 18-49 rating.

AMC boasted that the show’s first eight episodes of season three have averaged a 5.32 18-49 rating, better than any other show on TV right now other than SNF.

“Representing both the studio and the network as AMC does on this project, I speak for so many when I say 'thank you' and congratulations to everyone involved,” AMC President Charlie Collier said. “The records that The Walking Dead shattered today represent an enormous achievement of which we are so proud.”

The Walking Dead doesn’t return until Feb. 10.
Old 12-04-12, 07:52 PM

I am absolutely baffled by the ratings for The Walking Dead. Yes, I watch it and I enjoy it, but of the 6 other people I know who watched the first episode, only 1 is still watching it. 2 other quit after the second season, 2 others quit after the first season, and the last one quit after the third or fourth episode in the first season.
Old 12-04-12, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral View Post
Sorry, but that's an excuse to justify what happened.

Michonne should've brought her up to speed - and if Andrea didn't want to accept it - so be it. If Andrea truly thought the Governor was in the right and Michonne was in the wrong - she would've shot her. But to just stand there and not say a thing is just lazy writing to get the characters to be in the situation they're in. They writers made Andrea really stupid and Michonne an ill-timed mute to get to where they want to go.
I said this, but I was called "ridiculous."
Old 12-04-12, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 596 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Yep, you're right. Glenn broke off the bone. Maggie did the stabbin'.
Old 12-05-12, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 596 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by malichai View Post
I am absolutely baffled by the ratings for The Walking Dead. Yes, I watch it and I enjoy it, but of the 6 other people I know who watched the first episode, only 1 is still watching it. 2 other quit after the second season, 2 others quit after the first season, and the last one quit after the third or fourth episode in the first season.
Originally Posted by hanshotfirst113 View Post
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
Sorry, but that's an excuse to justify what happened.

Michonne should've brought her up to speed - and if Andrea didn't want to accept it - so be it. If Andrea truly thought the Governor was in the right and Michonne was in the wrong - she would've shot her. But to just stand there and not say a thing is just lazy writing to get the characters to be in the situation they're in. They writers made Andrea really stupid and Michonne an ill-timed mute to get to where they want to go.
I said this, but I was called "ridiculous."
Whoa ... dejavu ... have these two conversations happened in this order before?
Old 12-05-12, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although I do watch this show, I'm baffled over it's success. The show itself isn't very good, or I should say, could be much MUCH better. As far as story, it constantly has me wondering how these stupid people have been able to last as long as they have.
The show suffers from way too many, "What's the dumbest thing we can do?...OK we'll do that", moments.
Fundamentally, I like the premise of the show but I generally don't like their approach. For every good thing I see, many other bewildering moments leave me dissatisfied, confused and angry.

I've never had such a like-hate relationship with a show. Usually, if I had such issues with a show, I simply wouldn't watch it. Yet, I find myself tuning in every week, ready to see what kind of idiocy these fools can get into and waiting for the inevitable demise of character after character.

My wife has tried to get me to vow we will stop watching if Glenn or Daryl dies. I haven't promised this but if they die, I will lose interest and will probably stop watching anyway seeing as though I despise Rick and his moron son. Something tells me as the show goes on, this will be the only main character(s) and I'm not OK with that. He sucks, he makes terrible decisions, he's a pussy when he needs to be hard and a douchebag over-the-top evil bastard when he should be helpful. I wouldn't follow this fool if I were these people. Shane, at least, made the tough decisions when he had to.
ARGHHH! WHY AM I STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS?! It makes me so angry!!
Old 12-05-12, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, that Shane was such a leader. Lol Get tha hell outta here.
Old 12-05-12, 02:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by foofighters7 View Post
I wouldn't follow this fool if I were these people. Shane, at least, made the tough decisions when he had to.
What the fuck? Shane was a sociopath. If you ever thought he made any decisions that were right, you need to have your fucking head examined.
Old 12-05-12, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I dont get all the sudden love for Carl. Hes been a Shithead for 2 seasons and now all of a sudden hes the Terminator?! And take of that stupid hat.
Old 12-05-12, 07:27 AM

Although I do watch this show, I'm baffled over it's success.
Because zombies.
Old 12-05-12, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by loneranger View Post
Because zombies.
Partially. Because zombies. And living in an apocalypse. And because of it's film-like quality. Because it's not dull and repetitive (like many hour-long dramas). Because of it's soap-opera like plot addictiveness.
Old 12-05-12, 08:01 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 260 Likes on 166 Posts

it's also very gorey for basic cable.
Old 12-05-12, 08:15 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 356 Likes on 217 Posts

If they could add nudity we'd really be in business.
Old 12-05-12, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX View Post
The way that scene was cut is very suspisious, with the viewer not getting to see that character.
Eh, I disagree. I think they were trying to give us a taste, without actually giving away that the character is still alive. I think there's zero chance that the person Glenn is yelling about is not the person I mentioned above.

Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
I dont get all the sudden love for Carl. Hes been a Shithead for 2 seasons and now all of a sudden hes the Terminator?! And take of that stupid hat.
Because he's grown up, accepted major responsibilities for someone so young and started being a valuable part of the group? Also, he shoots zombies in the face. What's not to like?

I'll give you the hat, but as it's a holdover from the comics, I've just come to accept it at this point.
Old 12-05-12, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 515 Likes on 394 Posts

I agree! Every time he 'wanders' out alone I hope for something awful to happen to him. I suspect it won't.
Old 12-05-12, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

I still hate Carl too.
Old 12-05-12, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Eh, I disagree. I think they were trying to give us a taste, without actually giving away that the character is still alive. I think there's zero chance that the person Glenn is yelling about is not the person I mentioned above.
Maybe it's because the one of the only other show I ever paid attention to previews for was Lost, which was delibrate at times of tricking viewers.
Old 12-05-12, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Xander View Post
I'll give you the hat, but as it's a holdover from the comics, I've just come to accept it at this point.
Spoilers, dammit!!
Old 12-05-12, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lest you forget, 8-9 months past from the end of last season to this one. That's a lot of growing up in the apocalypse. I buy that Carl is more capable now than before.
Old 12-05-12, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 111 Likes on 77 Posts

As far as story, it constantly has me wondering how these stupid people have been able to last as long as they have.
The show suffers from way too many, "What's the dumbest thing we can do?...OK we'll do that", moments.
I will continue to maintain that if you watched people in real life from a third-person viewpoint, especially people in extreme circumstances, they would constantly be making subjective decisions that seem idiotic and frustrating to you. That's just how people are. For the most part, I don't find the decision making of the characters in the show particularly contrived or unrealistic, even if it is sometimes frustrating.
Old 12-05-12, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Tom Creo View Post
Yeah, that Shane was such a leader. Lol Get tha hell outta here.
Yeah.

“Shane gets stuff done! Shane’s not afraid to make the hard decisions! I’m joining Team Shane!”

Fine. Just do so in the knowledge that you are not the Hero. You do not have Plot Immunity. Instead, you are the guy that Shane shoots in the leg to distract the walkers. You are the guy that Shane lures to his death so that he can bang your grieving widow. You are the guy that Darth Shane force-chokes on the bridge as an example to the other fleet officers.

And even if you are the Hero, you’re still gonna end up in confrontation with Shane because he’s the freakin’ Bad Guy!

I dont get all the sudden love for Carl.
Same reason that most viewers have done a turnaround on their opinion of Carol - the character has improved and thus improved our enjoyment of the show. Or are we still supposed to hate Carl because we've always hated Carl?
Old 12-05-12, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by malichai View Post
I'm more baffled by the fact that NCIS is the top show on TV.
Old 12-05-12, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
I'm more baffled by the fact that NCIS is the top show on TV.
I enjoy that show a great deal but I've never thought of it as "must watch" television. It's just something I watch during the marathon runs on USA.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.