Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-12, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

I don't know if anyone harshing on Michonne for not talking to Andrea is familiar at all with Andrea's character. But Michonne spent seven months with her, and knows there is no such thing as a quick conversation with Andrea.

You can't just tell her to hurry up and get out, because Andrea is Captain of Her Own Destiny and doesn't do what other people tell her to (unless she's boning them). On the other hand, infodumping is the last thing you want to do with her. She's gonna want to go over every point, and have lots of stupid questions on each them. And then she's going to want to give the Governor a chance to tell his side of the story, and she'll buy into that because she'll always side with the crazy sex partner over folks who've proven themselves to be true friends. And then she's gonna want to think about it some more...

You can see it in Michonne's face when they squared off. She knew it would take too long to reason with Andrea. The only indecision was deciding whether or not to take her fool head off then and there.
Old 12-04-12, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 311 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by Preterite
I don't know if anyone harshing on Michonne for not talking to Andrea is familiar at all with Andrea's character. But Michonne spent seven months with her, and knows there is no such thing as a quick conversation with Andrea.

You can't just tell her to hurry up and get out, because Andrea is Captain of Her Own Destiny and doesn't do what other people tell her to (unless she's boning them). On the other hand, infodumping is the last thing you want to do with her. She's gonna want to go over every point, and have lots of stupid questions on each them. And then she's going to want to give the Governor a chance to tell his side of the story, and she'll buy into that because she'll always side with the crazy sex partner over folks who've proven themselves to be true friends. And then she's gonna want to think about it some more...

You can see it in Michonne's face when they squared off. She knew it would take too long to reason with Andrea. The only indecision was deciding whether or not to take her fool head off then and there.
Exactly.

The evidence is in this very episode. The Governor assigns her to go house to house during the firefight and she wastes time arguing with him about it when time is obviously critical, finally agrees to do what he says, and then doesn't end up doing it (even though she is boning him). She's awful.
Old 12-04-12, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I thought the opening was great with the new group, was kinda hoping they would rip off her arm to save her from the virus.. oh well..
Old 12-04-12, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
I thought the opening was great with the new group, was kinda hoping they would rip off her arm to save her from the virus.. oh well..
Yeah, I was also surprised they didn't do that. I am sure if Rick was there he would have chopped off her arm.
Old 12-04-12, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Krayzie
Yeah, I was also surprised they didn't do that. I am sure if Rick was there he would have chopped off her arm.
Carl would have shot her in the head and just end it right then and there.
Old 12-04-12, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Did we ever see where they got the silencer from? I know they've had it for awhile but where the hell did it come from?
Old 12-04-12, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I never would have thought Carl would be one of my favorite characters, yet here we are.

It's downright hilarious that as soon as New Black Guy shows up, everyone counts down the minutes until Now-Old Black Guy is killed.

Even if it wasn't given away, no shit Darryl & Merle get out.

Andrea is a fucking retard. Once again, after being told what to do, she decides to try to show her worth by shooting at people without knowing what she's even shooting at.

Glad it only took 8 episodes to get emotion, words, and some serious action out of Michonne...
Old 12-04-12, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Krayzie
Did we ever see where they got the silencer from? I know they've had it for awhile but where the hell did it come from?
Found it/made it sometime between seasons.
Old 12-04-12, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Xander
The preview would say you're wrong:
Spoiler:

At least about Merle. Glen screaming "What the hell is HE doing here?" would suggest Merle shows up at the prison too.

He still could. Timeline-wise, the next ep could pick up minutes after this one ended.
The way that scene was cut is very suspisious, with the viewer not getting to see that character.
Old 12-04-12, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts

Some people here call out Carl's silencer as part of a baseball bat. And apparently Rick's comes from a Maglight.

It's cool that they have salvaged and made their own equipment without making a big deal out of it on the show.
Old 12-04-12, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Draven
Some people here call out Carl's silencer as part of a baseball bat. And apparently Rick's comes from a Maglight.

It's cool that they have salvaged and made their own equipment without making a big deal out of it on the show.
Considering how often used to complain about them not showing Daryl collecting each bolt after killing a zombie, I'm surprised people are not all adamant about needing to see them make silencers.
Old 12-04-12, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

Navinabob how bout some spoilers on your sig? Carl might change his last name and become an astronomer so we can't be too careful.
Old 12-04-12, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, you can make a suppressor with an oil filter (maybe not a long lasting or particularly effective one, but one nonetheless). And it's not like suppressors aren't out there, there are numerous states where they are legal, if you go to the trouble of getting your tax stamp from the ATF. It's only a couple hundred bucks.
Old 12-04-12, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Probably easier to make one than dig through houses in zombie-infested towns.
Old 12-04-12, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven
Probably easier to make one than dig through houses in zombie-infested towns.
They've been wandering through rural Georgia for months. They should be armed to the teeth by now.
Old 12-04-12, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Jason
They've been wandering through rural Georgia for months. They should be armed to the teeth by now.
That may be true, but I can't believe silencers are easily found.
Old 12-04-12, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also they should have at least 15 banjos.
Old 12-04-12, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, since
Spoiler:
Michael Rooker
just posted a shot on Instagram of his last day of shooting on S3, I think it's safe to say he's at least making it to the finale, if not to S4.
Old 12-04-12, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I thought this episode was decent. The shoot out at Woodbury was pretty cool but the rescue seemed too quick and easy.

I think the main issue this show has is the casting though some of the writing is definitely questionable. I don't care for Andrea (the character is not written all that well but I think I have more of an issue with the actress) and Michonne should be a cool character but she is miscast.

I have a feeling that I'm going to like this Tyrese character. Though we didn't get to see a whole lot, the actor seems pretty good and the character is probably going to be a badass.

I like The Walking Dead, it's a good show. It's a little too melodramatic but it's good. I've finally figured out how to categorize it, it's a soap opera with zombies, decent production values and a lot less lighting.

Originally Posted by raven56706
governor probably has 10 lbs of ding dong between his legs
Originally Posted by Shazam
Also they should have at least 15 banjos.
Old 12-04-12, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 843 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by Preterite

Sorry, but that's an excuse to justify what happened.

Michonne should've brought her up to speed - and if Andrea didn't want to accept it - so be it. If Andrea truly thought the Governor was in the right and Michonne was in the wrong - she would've shot her. But to just stand there and not say a thing is just lazy writing to get the characters to be in the situation they're in. They writers made Andrea really stupid and Michonne an ill-timed mute to get to where they want to go.
Old 12-04-12, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
Andrea is a fucking retard. Once again, after being told what to do, she decides to try to show her worth by shooting at people without knowing what she's even shooting at.
Good point. Just how many times does she have to open fire on her own (original) group before they get tired of it? This is the second time she's tried to gun down Daryl alone.
Old 12-04-12, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So (in spoilers so people won't have an aneurysm about a comics question)
Spoiler:
does Rick take a break from being the leader of the group in the comics?
Old 12-04-12, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I LOL'd when the creepy convict thought Carol was a Lesbian.

Honestly, I've grown alot more sympathetic for Carol. She really has nothing to live for. She was in an abusive relationship, her husband is dead and her daughter turned into a walker and is now dead.
Carol is a far better person than many of the others.
Old 12-04-12, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Creo
So (in spoilers so people won't have an aneurysm about a comics question)
Spoiler:
does Rick take a break from being the leader of the group in the comics?
Spoiler:

In a way yes. He get burdened with the stress of making mistakes and suffering heavy loss of life, and says he can no longer be the leader. So for instance when people might want to move to a new location, he puts it to a vote instead of deciding for everyone. He resumes the post though.
Old 12-04-12, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Good point. Just how many times does she have to open fire on her own (original) group before they get tired of it? This is the second time she's tried to gun down Daryl alone.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.