Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Old 12-03-12, 08:46 PM
  #126  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Posts: 13,844
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Originally Posted by DthRdrX View Post
What if she found out Rick killed Shane?
A fair point.
Old 12-03-12, 10:16 PM
  #127  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,527
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Why is everyone calling Andrea dumb? We have so much more information than she does about what's going on. She found a safe place to stay and wasn't privy to the behind the scenes problems. As soon as things started getting weird, she started questioning. She didn't know it was her group attacking, she didn't know Glenn was there, she didn't know the Governor was untrustworthy. Now that she's seen the truth, I don't think she'll be sticking around Woodbury.
She has, and she's still sticking around. She has this stubborn way of believing what she wants to believe. Remember Shane?

I do not understand the hate that female characters on this show get. Merle is a racist killer and people are more forgiving of him.
Not all females, just Andrea. She's a poor judge of character (Dale, Shane, and now the Governor) and apparently a slow learner as well. It's frustrating when everything right there in front of her but she refuses to see it just because she's getting laid. But everyone in the show is flawed. Andrea's biggest problem is that she has no redeeming qualities that makes up for any of her flaws.
Old 12-03-12, 10:21 PM
  #128  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Raleighwood
Posts: 6,643
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Originally Posted by hahn View Post
Not all females, just Andrea.
How soon we forget Lori.
Old 12-03-12, 10:49 PM
  #129  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Earth ....
Posts: 4,975
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Originally Posted by hahn View Post
She has, and she's still sticking around. She has this stubborn way of believing what she wants to believe. Remember Shane?

Not all females, just Andrea. She's a poor judge of character (Dale, Shane, and now the Governor) and apparently a slow learner as well. It's frustrating when everything right there in front of her but she refuses to see it just because she's getting laid. But everyone in the show is flawed. Andrea's biggest problem is that she has no redeeming qualities that makes up for any of her flaws.
Fast learner with a gun.
Andrea freaking SHOT Daryl from 100 feet away while the others were walking up to him in that episode where he was the only one looking for Sophia. She shot at him for no good reason except that she is a stupid woman and had a chip on her shoulder because the men wouldn't let her shoot a gun. You know why, because she goes and shoots randomly and without thinking.

There have been some women that the writers did a decent job with i.e. Maggie, the grandmother in the Vatos gang, I liked the way Jacqui went out on her own terms at the CDC, Carol has been surprisingly good this season.
Old 12-03-12, 10:51 PM
  #130  
DVD Talk Legend
 
bluetoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 11,163
Received 121 Likes on 93 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Originally Posted by hahn View Post
Not all females, just Andrea. She's a poor judge of character (Dale, Shane, and now the Governor) and apparently a slow learner as well.
How does Dale fit in with this grouping?
Old 12-03-12, 11:03 PM
  #131  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,527
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Originally Posted by bluetoast View Post
How does Dale fit in with this grouping?
She rejected him as a person and treated him poorly even though he never did anything but look out for her. As I said, poor judge of character.
Old 12-03-12, 11:04 PM
  #132  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,527
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom View Post
How soon we forget Lori.
Yeah but she redeemed herself by dying.
Old 12-03-12, 11:36 PM
  #133  
DVD Talk Legend
 
bluetoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 11,163
Received 121 Likes on 93 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Originally Posted by hahn View Post
She rejected him as a person and treated him poorly even though he never did anything but look out for her. As I said, poor judge of character.
Oh ok, I misunderstood and thought something else...agreed.
Old 12-04-12, 12:00 AM
  #134  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Abob Teff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Not necessarily Formerly known as Solid Snake
Posts: 25,362
Received 590 Likes on 416 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst113 View Post
I don't care how long it's been out, there's no reason to spoil the ending of Murder on the Orient Express or And Then There Were None. They've endured for countless years based on people discovering those surprises for themselves.
*AHEM* Spoiler tags jack ass!

I'm reading 10 Little Indians now and I really expected there would be a few left in the end. Thanks ...
Old 12-04-12, 12:19 AM
  #135  
DVD Talk Legend
 
bluetoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 11,163
Received 121 Likes on 93 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

A friend of mine spoiled the identity of the killer for me in And Then There Were None when we were supposed to read it in middle school. I was pretty pissed, since it was an iconic novel, so as revenge I spoiled The Sixth Sense for him a few years later.
Old 12-04-12, 12:24 AM
  #136  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Twin Cities, US of A
Posts: 13,790
Received 95 Likes on 74 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Originally Posted by bluetoast View Post
Glad to see Tyrese finally in the fold. Hope he lives up to expectations.
I already like his character dramatically better than some other..ahem...recent arrivals. This early on the only way I could like him better is if he killed Michonne or Andrea.
Old 12-04-12, 12:25 AM
  #137  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Abob Teff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Not necessarily Formerly known as Solid Snake
Posts: 25,362
Received 590 Likes on 416 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Originally Posted by bluetoast View Post
A friend of mine spoiled the identity of the killer for me in And Then There Were None when we were supposed to read it in middle school. I was pretty pissed, since it was an iconic novel, so as revenge I spoiled The Sixth Sense for him a few years later.
Wait, what!? There's a killer in it?! SPOILERS!!!!
Old 12-04-12, 12:29 AM
  #138  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,829
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Loved the episode. But I saw a cool missed opportunity... I thought for sure Mr Neck-Stab McZombiebone was going to get up and start chomping the docile citizens of Woodbury. Or even some of the gun fight victims. But I guess since we saw Maggie take out 2Dog we are to assume everyone acted likewise.

I've given Andrea the benefit of the doubt because she doesn't know nearly as much as the viewer, but now she has enough info to start questioning things for sure.

Carl's doing great, also.

This wait is going to suck...
Old 12-04-12, 12:45 AM
  #139  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Twin Cities, US of A
Posts: 13,790
Received 95 Likes on 74 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Originally Posted by SuckaMC View Post
I've given Andrea the benefit of the doubt because she doesn't know nearly as much as the viewer, but now she has enough info to start questioning things for sure.
Andrea does not deserve the benefit of the doubt. This moment described by chowderhead sealed her fate for me:
Originally Posted by chowderhead View Post
Andrea freaking SHOT Daryl from 100 feet away while the others were walking up to him in that episode where he was the only one looking for Sophia. She shot at him for no good reason except that she is a stupid woman and had a chip on her shoulder because the men wouldn't let her shoot a gun. You know why, because she goes and shoots randomly and without thinking.
Her abject stupidity goes back much further than this season.
Old 12-04-12, 03:07 AM
  #140  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Gateway Cities/Harbor Region
Posts: 60,998
Received 896 Likes on 603 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Good ep.

Andrea...I get it, it's a safe place. Why question shit?
Michonne...I get it. You've been through alot. You don't trust a lot of these Muthah Fuckahs.
Old 12-04-12, 07:21 AM
  #141  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 39,717
Received 771 Likes on 497 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Originally Posted by SuckaMC View Post
Loved the episode. But I saw a cool missed opportunity... I thought for sure Mr Neck-Stab McZombiebone was going to get up and start chomping the docile citizens of Woodbury. Or even some of the gun fight victims. But I guess since we saw Maggie take out 2Dog we are to assume everyone acted likewise.
I was convinced that the guy Glenn stabbed was going to come back and start the inevitable outbreak in Woodbury.
Old 12-04-12, 07:54 AM
  #142  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Suffield, CT
Posts: 175
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Spoiler:
Old 12-04-12, 08:39 AM
  #143  
Admin
 
VinVega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Herding cats
Posts: 35,039
Received 363 Likes on 232 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Originally Posted by loneranger View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
He walked around the chained in section they were sitting in, not the exterior of the prison.
Old 12-04-12, 08:44 AM
  #144  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Posts: 18,059
Received 289 Likes on 206 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
I was convinced that the guy Glenn stabbed was going to come back and start the inevitable outbreak in Woodbury.
I'm sure he did, but my guess is one zombie would be handled pretty easily.
Old 12-04-12, 08:49 AM
  #145  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Brent L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 13,617
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

My wife mentioned to me that after the firefight that there could be a number of Zombies coming back. I saw them take care of a few of the dead, but not all of them. Other than that, the bigger issue I thought of was all of that noise attracting every single zombie within earshot and having that lead to the town being taken over.
Old 12-04-12, 08:51 AM
  #146  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
uteotw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: All the Way to Reno
Posts: 4,661
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Originally Posted by chowderhead View Post
There have been some women that the writers did a decent job with i.e. Maggie, the grandmother in the Vatos gang, I liked the way Jacqui went out on her own terms at the CDC, Carol has been surprisingly good this season.
True, though she is a lesbian.

SO LOL'd at that line...
Old 12-04-12, 09:19 AM
  #147  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Xander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 4,503
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Originally Posted by DthRdrX View Post
I'm thinking the Governor is going to do exactly what he said he would do. The prison group trusts Daryl, so he's going to send Daryl back as an inside man. Keep Meryl hostage. They have built up the Daryl/Rick relationship this season for a reason.
The preview would say you're wrong:
Spoiler:

At least about Merle. Glen screaming "What the hell is HE doing here?" would suggest Merle shows up at the prison too.


Originally Posted by Draven View Post
I was convinced that the guy Glenn stabbed was going to come back and start the inevitable outbreak in Woodbury.
He still could. Timeline-wise, the next ep could pick up minutes after this one ended.
Old 12-04-12, 10:43 AM
  #148  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 7,251
Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
I was convinced that the guy Glenn stabbed was going to come back and start the inevitable outbreak in Woodbury.
Wait, who did Glenn stab? Wasn't it Maggie who stabbed and killed someone while Glenn was fighting with Merle?
Old 12-04-12, 10:56 AM
  #149  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 39,717
Received 771 Likes on 497 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Originally Posted by kefrank View Post
Wait, who did Glenn stab? Wasn't it Maggie who stabbed and killed someone while Glenn was fighting with Merle?
Yep, you're right. Glenn broke off the bone. Maggie did the stabbin'.
Old 12-04-12, 10:59 AM
  #150  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 7,251
Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Yep, you're right. Glenn broke off the bone. Maggie did the stabbin'.
Cool. I was hoping I hadn't gone crazy, because the image of Maggie shoving a bone in that guy's neck was pretty vivid in my mind.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.