TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-12, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Midseason Finale -- "Made to Suffer" -- 12/02/12

Originally Posted by TheNightFlier
Yeah, AMC really dropped the ball with giving away that plot point. They would have been better off going with no preview.
I didn't think it was really a big spoiler. There is no way they would kill off the Daryl character at this point. He is extremely popular and reportedly gets the most fan mail. With that said, it ended on a great cliffhanger, and I have no idea how Daryl and Merle will get out of that mess.

Did the governor ever really explain why he was keeping severed heads in tanks? I remember Andrea asking him, but I don't think she got a real answer. That was the only real letdown for me last night.
Old 12-03-12, 08:16 AM
Admin

Received 466 Likes on 306 Posts

Andrea needs to wake up. Her dumbness will probably be her undoing. You can only be stupid for so long in the zombie apocalypse. Would they kill off the cute blonde though?
Old 12-03-12, 08:18 AM
Admin

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32
Did the governor ever really explain why he was keeping severed heads in tanks? I remember Andrea asking him, but I don't think she got a real answer. That was the only real letdown for me last night.
He said something like he keeps the mangled heads in his room to prepare him for what needs to be done when he has to go outside the town to take care of business.
Old 12-03-12, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Andrea will probably come around in the 2nd half and help Daryl/Merle and also take down the Governor. But she is still pretty dumb.
Old 12-03-12, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by troystiffler
Merle being an anti-hero is the only way out now. To continue from the last thread ... In February, butts will be munked!
I don't know. I have a theory that I'll spoiler for people who don't want speculation and a small comic plot point.

Spoiler:
The Governor could have been setting up Merle as his own mole inside the prison. Sure, he would be pissed about the whole "You told me Michone was dead" thing, but maybe he offered this up as a way back into his good graces. Lock Merle and Daryl up somewhere and give them an easy escape, then Daryl takes Merle back and he gets a good look at the strength of Daryl's group.

Now here's where I bring up the comics: The Governor did the same thing there with Martinez, having him help Rick and Glenn escape. But there it was just to find the location of their camp.

But happy munking to you if you are right.
Old 12-03-12, 09:01 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Good theory, majorjoe. I think you're spot-on with that.
Old 12-03-12, 09:05 AM

Man, all Michonne had to tell Andrea was that the Governor sent Merle and his henchmen to kill her when she left. Of course Andrea would have said that they were just trying to bring her back safely.
Old 12-03-12, 09:15 AM

A lot of problems would be solved if Michonne would just open her mouth every now and then. She would fit right in with the castaways on Lost.
Old 12-03-12, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Why is everyone calling Andrea dumb? We have so much more information than she does about what's going on. She found a safe place to stay and wasn't privy to the behind the scenes problems. As soon as things started getting weird, she started questioning. She didn't know it was her group attacking, she didn't know Glenn was there, she didn't know the Governor was untrustworthy. Now that she's seen the truth, I don't think she'll be sticking around Woodbury.

I do not understand the hate that female characters on this show get. Merle is a racist killer and people are more forgiving of him.
Old 12-03-12, 09:45 AM

No issues here with Carol, Beth, or Sasha.
Old 12-03-12, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John Slider
Spoiler tags for people who might want to read the graphic novels later. Spoilers go both ways, just because we're in the television thread doesn't mean you should spoil the comics for everyone.
I haven't read the comics (and plan on doing it), but they have been out for years. We are on our third season of a show based on said comics. If you haven't read them yet and don't want them spoiled, you should avoid any talk of the show and go read them now.
Old 12-03-12, 09:52 AM

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Wow, good stuff. I was seriously cringing in the fight between Michonne and the Gov when she eyed that piece of broken glass. I haven't read far in the comics, so I didn't know exactly what was going to happen, but exactly what I thought would happen did. /shudder

Carl is such a badass. Loved his moment with Tyreese's group and Tyreese calling him the man of the house.

The problem with Andrea is that now she's seen good portions of the Gov's madness (floating heads, Penny) and she still stuck around. She should have been packing her shit after all that.

And now I don't know what direction they're going with Merle. Really thought it would be him vs. Daryl. Now it looks like it's them vs. Woodbury. And judging from the preview for the next ep:

preview spoiler
Spoiler:

Merle makes it to the prison, if Glen's "What's HE doing here?!" moment is any indication. That should prove interesting.

All in all, awesome first half of the season. Looking forward to seeing what Tyreese's group brings to the table.

comic spoiler
Spoiler:

Though I haven't read too far, I know his daughter and her boyfriend do their suicide pact thing. Wonder if they'll go that far on the show....

Sorry, thoughts a bit scattered. Can't wait for February!
Old 12-03-12, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Draven
Why is everyone calling Andrea dumb? We have so much more information than she does about what's going on. She found a safe place to stay and wasn't privy to the behind the scenes problems. As soon as things started getting weird, she started questioning. She didn't know it was her group attacking, she didn't know Glenn was there, she didn't know the Governor was untrustworthy. Now that she's seen the truth, I don't think she'll be sticking around Woodbury.

I do not understand the hate that female characters on this show get. Merle is a racist killer and people are more forgiving of him.
Because it took Daryl being taken prisoner by her one-eyed bastard of a lover to finally be aghast at what is actually going on. Any normal person would have hightailed it out of there with Michonne after seeing that secret room of his. It feels so phoney and forced.

And the female characters get hate because they're horribly written. Granted, it has gotten much better this season because I actually like Michonne, Maggie and Carol, but it seems like any progress that the writers have made has been fucked up with the shit they're pulling with Andrea. Her only personality traits are idiocy and an attraction to alpha-males. Don't know what to with her character? Have her sleep with someone. Ugh.
Old 12-03-12, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

Originally Posted by Thrush
It looked like Rick was ready to kill Michonne outside of Woodbury which doesn't make much sense.
She abandoned his group in Woodbury.
Old 12-03-12, 10:06 AM

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,100 Posts

Originally Posted by orangecrush
She abandoned his group in Woodbury.
Exactly... And they kept questioning if she was sent as a set up to bring them there.
Old 12-03-12, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Random thoughts:

- Nice surprise to see Wolverine Shane back
- Glenn makes zombie bone shank
- Lesbian Carol was funny and defused one hell of a creepy scene
- Bad-ass Carl with the silencer pistol.
- Tyreese with the hammertime. Glorious.
Old 12-03-12, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigsoos
Man, all Michonne had to tell Andrea was that the Governor sent Merle and his henchmen to kill her when she left. Of course Andrea would have said that they were just trying to bring her back safely.
Michonne feels that no matter what she says to Andrea, Andrea will not betray the Governor. She knew that Andrea was instantly smitten with Woodbury.
Old 12-03-12, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VinVega
Andrea needs to wake up. Her dumbness will probably be her undoing. You can only be stupid for so long in the zombie apocalypse. Would they kill off the cute blonde though?
What cute blond are you talking about? Because Andrea ain't cute.
Old 12-03-12, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Originally Posted by golden_rod
Because it took Daryl being taken prisoner by her one-eyed bastard of a lover to finally be aghast at what is actually going on. Any normal person would have hightailed it out of there with Michonne after seeing that secret room of his. It feels so phoney and forced.
She cares about the Governor, and he offered an explanation for the heads...and after just suffering a major injury. As for Penny, is it any different than a barn full of zombies? Shit is just more fucked up in this world, so the idea that he would chain up his zombie daughter isn't that crazy. She's seen worse. Plus, she saw their efforts to communicate with zombies, so obviously that would play into keeping Penny around. And she didn't look too happy at the end of the episode, so we might be 15 minutes from her abandoning Woodbury.

I don't know, I think people forget that the characters only have a fraction of the information we do and expect them to act like they know everything.
Old 12-03-12, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Andrea's actions don't really bother me too much either; even after seeing the creepy shit in the Governor's room, it seemed like given the previous episodes it isn't exactly easy for her to just pack up and walk out without everyone in town making a big deal about it. The show always seemed to play Michonne's distrust of Woodbury a little harsh given everything they actually encounter inside. Seeing Daryl i'm sure at the end changes that.

That said, you would think in the months they had together in the winter Andrea would have given Michonne a description of the group she was previously with, and that it wouldn't be hard for Michonne to recognize Rick's group as them and say "Hey do you know Andrea?"
Old 12-03-12, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Lorrie Holden is one of the bigger names on the show so I have a feeling she is sticking around for a while.
Old 12-03-12, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah but seeing Daryl aparantly didn't change anything because the preview still showed her in Woodbury with The Governor. Dumbass writers. Have a cool little stare down and no one opens their mouth? Dug the whole first half of the season until that moment.
Old 12-03-12, 12:07 PM

Old 12-03-12, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

governor probably has 10 lbs of ding dong between his legs
Old 12-03-12, 12:53 PM
Admin

Not bad loneranger, not bad.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.