Search this Thread

Old 12-02-12, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts
Dexter -- "The Dark...Whatever" -- 12/02/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Dexter is unnerved when Hannah's father pays him a surprise visit; the Phantom Arsonist's crimes become more vicious; and Quinn defends Nadia's honor and finds himself in a volatile situation. Meanwhile; LaGuerta asks a former superior for help on the Bay Harbor Butcher case.

Episode 10 of 12

The preview last week made this episode look like some good stuff will happen tonight so I'm pretty excited for it!!
Old 12-02-12, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Re: Dexter -- "The Dark...Whatever" -- 12/02/12

I hope I'm wrong, but I think they blew it this season by elimination Isaak too soon. Without him, the dramatic tension that had been driving this season seems to be gone. (In fact, the title of this episode "The Dark... Whatever" might end up being an apt description for the remainder of season )
Old 12-02-12, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

Spoiler:
I don't really see how you can make that assumption seeing as how Isaak was only killed at the end of the last episode. They've only got three episodes left including tonight's so I think with what they've got going they should be able to fill the time with some good stuff. Particularly if more comes to light in Maria's Bay Harbor Butcher investigation. Plus the Hannah story is good and Deb's storyline has been pretty solid this year.
Old 12-02-12, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I've had to keep my trap shut ever since those spoilers offered 2 or 3 weeks upthread. They were totally right. There's still plenty for them to do; I'll just remind folks that we were all loving the first couple eps of the season before Isaak really took off.

Damn he was a good character. Who does natural middle-aged sexy gay killer better than Ray?
Old 12-02-12, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by dhmac
I hope I'm wrong, but I think they blew it this season by elimination Isaak too soon. Without him, the dramatic tension that had been driving this season seems to be gone. (In fact, the title of this episode "The Dark... Whatever" might end up being an apt description for the remainder of season )
you forget, LaGuerta is getting close to finding out about Dexter's extra curricular activities. I think that's more than enough tension for the last few episodes.
Old 12-02-12, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
you forget, LaGuerta is getting close to finding out about Dexter's extra curricular activities. I think that's more than enough tension for the last few episodes.
I think more LaGuerta scenes in the show is not really a good thing.

Given that Isaak was the most compelling adversary for Dexter this season, I just don't see how the show will remain as compelling without him in these last few episodes. But I really do hope I am wrong about this and that the show ends strongly.
Old 12-02-12, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts

...I just don't see how the show will remain as compelling without him in these last few episodes. But I really do hope I am wrong about this and that the show ends strongly.
Don't you find any intrigue in Quinn's riveting story?
Old 12-02-12, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk God

I think more LaGuerta scenes in the show is not really a good thing.

Given that Isaak was the most compelling adversary for Dexter this season, I just don't see how the show will remain as compelling without him in these last few episodes. But I really do hope I am wrong about this and that the show ends strongly.
Outside of Trinity, there have been several seasons where Dexter has wrapped up the main bad guy storyline prior to the finale.

While I hate LaGuerta as much as the next guy, I think her getting close to finding out about Dexter and what me might do to her, is extremely compelling.
Old 12-02-12, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only reason they had the arson inspector come out and say the he met LaGuerta at the church was so Dexter could pin her investigation on him, right? It's only natural that the writers hit the reset button yet again like they always do. I was expecting more this year, especially with the end drawing near.
Old 12-02-12, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

No way can they hit the reset button. It's the final two seasons, they have to be building to something.
Old 12-02-12, 04:51 PM

I hope so!
Old 12-02-12, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Wow, it's all really ramping up now...looks like beginning of Dexter's downfall. Especially with him now questioning his "Dark...whatever".

Only two episodes left...damn, this season flew by!
Old 12-02-12, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the direction it is going. Maybe next season there will be no big bad.
Old 12-02-12, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Damn. While it wasn't a jaw dropping ending, they are really trying to jam Hannah up. Fucking LaGuerta. I can't see her making it out of this season alive, but then again, maybe Dexter throws her off the trail. Who knows.
Old 12-02-12, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Woot! I just finished catching up on this show by watching the first 9 episodes. This is my first same night viewing since the finale.

Now, I just gotta get caught up on Homeland, apparently white people love it.
Old 12-02-12, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Another great episode. Things are really starting to spiral out of control for a bunch of characters. I haven't been this excited about this show on a weekly basis since the 4th season.
Old 12-03-12, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I could see the writers having LaGuerta and Matthews uncovering Dexter's secret but then keeping it a secret realizing what an asset he could be to the Miami PD. We know that neither of them are sticklers for the law. And neither of them have anything to gain by exposing Dexter or putting him away for a case that is closed as far as the public is concerned. And while LaGuerta was close with Doakes, Dexter didn't kill him - Lila did. And Dexter takes her out later.

I think it's interesting that Dexter just knowingly killed his first "innocent". If something happens to Hannah, Dexter may just go full on serial killer. Perhaps Dexter himself will be the Big Bad in the final season.
Old 12-03-12, 05:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hahn
And while LaGuerta was close with Doakes, Dexter didn't kill him - Lila did. And Dexter takes her out later.
She doesn't know that.
Old 12-03-12, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, she doesn't know that.

Also, I think Dexter killed another "innocent" person a few seasons ago, maybe last season, when he was in that trip with his brother.
Old 12-03-12, 08:00 AM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Damn, my DVR cut at the end. What did Deb tell Batista?!
Old 12-03-12, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Howiefan
Damn, my DVR cut at the end. What did Deb tell Batista?!
That she got a voice message from Hannah's father to check out the counselor Arlene in regards to being a witness to a murder Hannah committed.
Old 12-03-12, 08:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So good.
Old 12-03-12, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Damn, Bobby is one mean son of a bitch since he left Supernatural.

It was cool seeing Jim Beaver as a guest star here. The scene where he crashed into Hannah's garden and starting berating her about her past was really good. Yvonne was really good in that scene.

BTW, how the hell did Hannah's Dad know where Dexter lives? Are we supposed to assume that he followed him? I was a little surprised when he showed up at his apartment.

at Vince getting all hyped up for Dex seeing Hannah and I loved the angry look on Deb's face.

and again Quinn is a fucking idiot. That chick is so not worth it. As Angel said, that timeline for the shooting just didn't jive.

Frankly I'm surprised that Maria was such an uncompelling annoyance for the last few seasons and now she has one of the most compelling storylines this season. Everything seems to be heading toward an end point for the final season.
Old 12-03-12, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Loved this episode. It's still too bad they had to get rid of Isaak so quick though.

I was hoping the Quinn storyline would somehow blend in with Dexter over the last three episodes but apparently that won't be happening. Complete waste of Quinn this season. I don't mind Quinn himself, the storyline was just stupid. I still think this season is his swan song, the brotherhood will probably go after him.

Laguerta uncovering Dexter is incredibly interesting. I really hope they don't wrap that up this season and it continues on to next season. Seems like the perfect end game plot.

Originally Posted by DJariya
BTW, how the hell did Hannah's Dad know where Dexter lives? Are we supposed to assume that he followed him? I was a little surprised when he showed up at his apartment.
This seems to happen a lot on this show. Apparently everyone is easily accessible.
Old 12-03-12, 09:53 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I wondered the same thing.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.