TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Boardwalk Empire -- "The Pony" -- 11/04/12

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-12, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Boardwalk Empire -- "The Pony" -- 11/04/12

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
I love that when Van Alden goes nuts, he really goes nuts. Everyone trembling in fear at the window was hilarious. Like watching a bull in a china shop.
How come the cops weren't called to come arrest Van Alden at home? As crazy as he is, I wouldn't be afraid to stick the cops on him, get him arrested, press charges.

(Did anyone else smile after hearing that man's crying of pain and fear?)
Old 11-06-12, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Buttmunker
How come the cops weren't called to come arrest Van Alden at home? As crazy as he is, I wouldn't be afraid to stick the cops on him, get him arrested, press charges.

I just chalk it up to this being the 1920s. Does the employer even have Van Alden's real address? He already gave them a fake name. There's no video footage putting him at the scene, obviously. Seems like overall it would be much easier to get away with crimes like that in the past. He was always an outcast there - no one really knew him or where he hangs out. How would you find him?

And yes, it was hilarious. I loved Van Alden's grin at everyone watching from behind the glass too. He loved it. I have a feeling he is going to be a badass character really soon. I never expected in season 1 that he would become one of my favorite and most interesting characters.
Old 11-06-12, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by Buttmunker

I would....in 1920.
Old 11-06-12, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I can't remember back to the couple times capone was in the jersey area, any chance would have run across van alden in season 1 or 2?
Old 11-06-12, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

I am glad the showgirl mistress is gone.

Now it will be interesting to see if Nucky wants to reconcile with Margaret and finds out about the affair and her possible abortion.
Old 11-07-12, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

I LOVED Van Alden in this episode. Michael Shannon's acting was top notch. I especially liked when he was telling his wife about the incident at work. The acting he did with his eyes alone in that scene was amazing.

I was never a fan of Billie's. She annoyed me for some reason, so I'm glad she's gone.

I loved Richard's line "Jimmy deserved better." If he doesn't go over to Nucky's side I don't see much use or potential for the character. They have to give him something to do.

Perhaps Nucky will bring in Richard after Owen is eliminated. I was really hoping that Owen would become a badass enforcer type but he's been pretty tame thus far. Hopefully he doesn't just move back home like Furio from the Soprano's did after falling for the boss's wife.
Old 11-07-12, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca

Now it will be interesting to see if Nucky wants to reconcile with Margaret and finds out about the affair and her possible abortion.
I don't think it was an abortion she was after - I think she wanted a diaphragm so she could bang Owen. Nucky has not been banging her, so what excuse is she going to give Nucky if she gets pregnant.
Old 11-07-12, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The buildup with Van Alden was amazing. I knew it was coming but it was a ton of fun to watch him go full fucking Frankenstein's monster.
Old 11-07-12, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
I don't think it was an abortion she was after - I think she wanted a diaphragm so she could bang Owen. Nucky has not been banging her, so what excuse is she going to give Nucky if she gets pregnant.
Yep. She wants birth control, not an abortion.
Old 11-09-12, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca

She was a real downgrade from Paz de la Huerta although they ruined her by making her pregnant.
Old 11-09-12, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CRM114
She was a real downgrade from Paz de la Huerta although they ruined her by making her pregnant.
Yeah..that's what ruined her.

I wish I would've gotten to see her blow up in an explosion. Still dreading her showing back up some episode with her big stupid face.
Old 11-09-12, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

That was the point of her character, a ditzy showgirl. She was incredibly hot naked, something this show has been lacking severely as of late. Once she got pregnant, no more nakedness, is what I meant.