TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead -- "Killer Within" -- 11/04/12

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-12, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Killer Within" -- 11/04/12

Intersting Article with some great Gifs and memes

It's about how the show handles women and minorities on the series. I know there were some T-Dog jokes earlier in this thread.

From the article. I don't know if I believe this but...

He(T-Dog) finally gets a moment to shine, and it’s the moment that kills him. I’ve heard rumor that Irone Singleton was a difficult actor to work with, and was thusly phased out. I don’t know if I buy it.
Read more at http://www.pajiba.com/think_pieces/m...3SIyIKf3r0H.99
Old 11-08-12, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good God, Norman Reedus was in Boondock Saints.
Old 11-08-12, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Hey, Reggie! What's going to happen to T-Dog?

What about Lori?

Damn you Reggie Miller ... Damn you ...
Old 11-08-12, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo

It's about how the show handles women and minorities on the series. I know there were some T-Dog jokes earlier in this thread.

How can one who barely gets any lines or screen time be difficult to work with? Or could that be the reason?
Old 11-08-12, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Ha!

Old 11-08-12, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
How can one who barely gets any lines or screen time be difficult to work with? Or could that be the reason?
Hard for me to believe. Dude was crying on Talking Dead with not being on the show anymore and on his twitter feed he seems genuine and engaged with his followers. You would think if he was a pain they would not give him a spot on Talking Dead with Gale on the night the other character leaves the show as well as well.

Guess we shall never know.
Old 11-08-12, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
Ha!

I know!

But she's still my girl.
Old 11-08-12, 05:25 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

The last panel is the best.
Old 11-08-12, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by JTH182
Wikipedia has Beth at 16, but I think they're making her look closer to 14 this season. Carl was 10 I think, but time has passed and they're now making him look closer to 13 I think.

Of course, the actress that plays Beth is in reality around 28, so... Yuck.
I didn't know she was playing a teenager in the show. I assumed she was around 24 years old and roughly playing that age. Yet she's even older than I suspected. I wonder if the actress feels uncomfortable faking googly eyes for a kid.
Old 11-08-12, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
I didn't know she was playing a teenager in the show. I assumed she was around 24 years old and roughly playing that age. Yet she's even older than I suspected. I wonder if the actress feels uncomfortable faking googly eyes for a kid.
yeah, I didn't find her exact age, but apparently she graduated college in 2006.

Last season she was practically married to Jimmy, now this year she's checking out a kid without pubes.
Old 11-08-12, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Meh, nothing that's out of the ordinary for a student-teacher relationship.
Old 11-08-12, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rob V
I'm crashing thru Breaking Bad now and while it's excellent, TWD has exceeded it IMO.
Whoa now, that's a bit much. Keep watching BB...
Old 11-08-12, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rob V
BTW, this was the most compelling hour of TV I've seen in many, many years. I'm crashing thru Breaking Bad now and while it's excellent, TWD has exceeded it IMO.
I enjoy TWD, but you clearly haven't watched enough BB yet.
Old 11-08-12, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Thrush
Your ignoring the zombie biting force. Whereby zombies can remove chunks of flesh the size of a baseball with a single bite, seemingly without much effort. When a normal human would have a hard time just breaking the skin with a bite.
That has always bothered me too. Plus they can rip off the limbs of live characters just by pulling on them.

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
Whoa now, that's a bit much. Keep watching BB...
Agreed, The Walking Dead has gotten pretty interesting this season and had some really good moments, but I don't think it has the consistency of Breaking Bad.
Old 11-08-12, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by msdmoney
That has always bothered me too. Plus they can rip off the limbs of live characters just by pulling on them.
Me and a co-worker had a discussion about that today. The zombies seem to be weak until the situation requires them to be strong. There's no consistency.

T-Dog only had to take care of 2 walkers... they're supposed to be light and we can see T-Dog is a big boy - he couldn't have just knocked them down and ran? All he could do was hold them up against the wall and get bit?

Which brings me to T-Dogs size. During the series the food supply wasn't exactly endless, and they started this season after a rough winter with little food - they're basically starving. Yet T-Dog has always looked well fed and this season he actually looks like he's put on weight. Has he been eating walkers?
Old 11-08-12, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's almost as bad as how jacked up Bernthal got between S1 and S2. Was there a weight room hidden off camera we never saw?

I just have to let some things go here. I'm sure all of them would be sporting much more haggard appearances in reality.
Old 11-08-12, 08:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This episode was amazing. This is definitely the best season so far.

Originally Posted by SuckaMC
That whole thing hit close to home because my mom died in September.
Sorry for your loss. My mom died a year ago this September. During that whole scene between Carl and Lori I was feeling so terrible for Carl and it hit close to home for me as well.

I think Lincoln did a great job conveying the horror of what happened at the end of this episode. I also thought Sarah and the kid that plays Carl did a great job in their final scene together.

I was in tears at the end of this episode. My faith has been fully restored in this show.
Old 11-08-12, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

T-Dog only had to take care of 2 walkers... they're supposed to be light and we can see T-Dog is a big boy - he couldn't have just knocked them down and ran? All he could do was hold them up against the wall and get bit?
I think this was deliberate ... he had already been bitten and knew he was going to turn. This was his attempt at avoiding that (if they tore him to small enough pieces).

I'm still trying to figure out why Lori had to lay there and bleed to death ... why did they not do anything to try to save her? I'm sure it is something obvious that I'm missing ... like they hated her too.
Old 11-09-12, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think this was deliberate ... he had already been bitten and knew he was going to turn. This was his attempt at avoiding that (if they tore him to small enough pieces).

I'm still trying to figure out why Lori had to lay there and bleed to death ... why did they not do anything to try to save her? I'm sure it is something obvious that I'm missing ... like they hated her too.
Don't C-Sections require blood transfusions from all the blood loss? Maybe not, but I think they were saying she had already lost a lot of blood. Not much they could do for her...
Old 11-09-12, 07:31 AM
Banned

What? Like what? Do you know what a C-section is? They cut her stomach open. What would you have suggested they do?
Old 11-09-12, 08:31 AM

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Speaking of time and aging...

Silly question, so forgive me, how long has it been since the Dead Rose up in terms of the series?

Has it been 3 years?
Less than that, I think. They've generally established that Rick was in a coma for about 3 weeks. Then only a couple (?) weeks pass before we find out Lori is pregnant. So it can't be much more than a year since the show started I think.

The way he was on the Talking Dead and the way Gale Ann Hurd seemed to be treating him, I don't believe that he was hard to work with. But it's hard to tell from one interview.

Originally Posted by hahn
I enjoy TWD, but you clearly haven't watched enough BB yet.
Agreed. I'm loving this season, but Breaking Bad is hands-down the best drama on TV, IMO.

Yeah, he was already going to turn. This was his way of making sure Carol got away. Which hopefully she did.

And what could they do for Lori? They were trapped and the baby was coming. They had no supplies and she was bleeding out. If she dies, the baby pretty much dies too. They had to get the baby out.
Old 11-09-12, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe this was covered in another thread, but I'm still confused as to what makes people turn.

If you die, regardless of how - you will turn because everyone apparently is infected.

They say a bite will turn you... but does it? Is it the transfer of fluids from the walkers that does it? If they bled on an open cut - would that do it? Does it matter where they bite? Thinking back on episodes where people turned - was it the bite that turned them or was it that the bites killed them (ie. losing blood, body being torn apart) and then they turned just because they were dead?
These guys walk around with walker blood all over them - isn't that just as dangerous?
Old 11-09-12, 09:18 AM

Maybe this was covered in another thread, but I'm still confused as to what makes people turn.

If you die, regardless of how - you will turn because everyone apparently is infected.

They say a bite will turn you... but does it? Is it the transfer of fluids from the walkers that does it? If they bled on an open cut - would that do it? Does it matter where they bite? Thinking back on episodes where people turned - was it the bite that turned them or was it that the bites killed them (ie. losing blood, body being torn apart) and then they turned just because they were dead?
These guys walk around with walker blood all over them - isn't that just as dangerous?
I think the understanding is that its not so much the bite that kills but like you mentioned the infection from the bite and/or loss of blood. Since characters have been bitten it is usually followed by a fever from trying to fight it then they turn. At first they were worried about the blood but now it seems they know that will not turn them.
Old 11-09-12, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, it's the bite or scratch the causes a really bad infection/Fever and then death. Not to get too deep into this, but I imagine these Dead things are WALKING GERM FACTORIES so I can see a bite being fatal. In real life, Komodo dragons bite prey and wait for them to die from infection. It happens thanks to bacteria in their saliva from eating dead meat.
Old 11-09-12, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, it's the bite or scratch the causes a really bad infection/Fever and then death. Not to get too deep into this, but I imagine these Dead things are WALKING GERM FACTORIES so I can see a bite being fatal. In real life, Komodo dragons bite prey and wait for them to die from infection. It happens thanks to bacteria in their saliva from eating dead meat.
Correct show-wise, but not dragon-wise. In the TV/comic universe, a bite triggers some sort of quick blood infection.

Komodos do not incapacitate prey with bacteria it turns out. They inject venom from special glands in the mouth that keeps blood from clotting.

As for zombie-strength, they explained on an episode of Deadliest Warrior pretty well (as well as you can trying to explain a fictional creature). Basically, humans consciously regulate pressure exerted on tasks like grabbing or biting, while zombies do not that that build in regulator. Try biting down really hard; as soon as you hit a certain amount of pressure you let off reflexively. It's actually pretty difficult to maintain that pressure and force yourself to keep going. I had an electrical muscle stimulator that I used to play with, the involuntary muscle flexing was stronger then my voluntary power. Same with someone locked up from a seizure.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.