Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Covert Affairs -- Season 3 -- Tuesdays (USA)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-12, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tonight is episode 13 of 16

This will be the last thread of season since there is only 3 episodes left after tonight.

Synopsis:

Annie races the clock to turn an asset and locate suspected terrorists who are scheduled to meet within a 12-hour window.

Anyone who isn't massively behind can comment here. I'm 1 week behind, so I probably won't be commenting right away.
Old 11-25-12, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,003 Likes on 623 Posts
Re: Covert Affairs -- Season 3 -- Tuesdays (USA)

Just watched the season finale. These last few episodes were great! In the second-to-last episode when Annie walked into the trap, that was some pretty tense stuff. I wish they had let that play out longer, with her on the run. But it was still good.

I have to say, I wish they would dial it back on Augie a bit. I mean, the "battle buddies" thing was okay, and if it raises awareness for a good cause in real life, then that's great. But I don't think the actor is that great, and I really hope they don't have him and Annie become a couple, despite that last scene.

I have to think that we'll be seeing more of Eyal. He's too good of a foil for Annie to not feature him again. Either he'll somehow get back into Mossad, or Annie will run across him by accident on one of her missions and he'll get involved.

Interesting development with Jai's father and Annie. I wonder what was in the folder? Something incriminating Arthur and Joan in Jai's death?

This whole season was really good. I look forward to Season 4.
Old 11-26-12, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if in Season 4 Arthur gets the China ambassador job and take Joan with him. That would give them the opportunity to bring in new blood and a change in the personality dynamics.

As to Augie as a love interest that would be a bad idea in real life since he's her office support.
Old 11-26-12, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

As they explained early in the series, the agency encourages inter office relationships because there are no security concern if both are covert operatives. They like keeping things in house.

Plus, Annie could never have a real relationship with Eyal because relationships with non-Americans is forbidden for a operative.
Old 11-27-12, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Yeah I also just finished up season 3. Watched the last 3 episodes tonight.

Season 3 was by far (actually a landslide) the best season of this show. This show started out as a fluffy spy procedural with really no substance to it. I can understand why some here may have lost interest.

But, this was a great season overall. The darker tone (even more foul language), more international locations and bringing back Oded Fehr as Eyal to be a foil to Annie was fantastic. Also the show became pretty heavily serialized. Huge kudos to whoever it was at USA who made the call to change the show. Getting rid of Danielle was also an important part of the overhaul.

Any guesses as to what was in the file that Wilcox showed to Annie? I'm going to guess it will be an integral part to next season.

As for Annie and Auggie finally hooking up. It was a nice moment and I know there was alot of build up to it. But, personally I thought that Annie had more chemistry with Eyal and they seemed to have more of a connection.
Old 12-27-13, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Yeah I also just finished up season 3. Watched the last 3 episodes tonight.

Season 3 was by far (actually a landslide) the best season of this show. This show started out as a fluffy spy procedural with really no substance to it. I can understand why some here may have lost interest.

But, this was a great season overall. The darker tone (even more foul language), more international locations and bringing back Oded Fehr as Eyal to be a foil to Annie was fantastic. Also the show became pretty heavily serialized. Huge kudos to whoever it was at USA who made the call to change the show. Getting rid of Danielle was also an important part of the overhaul.

Any guesses as to what was in the file that Wilcox showed to Annie? I'm going to guess it will be an integral part to next season.

As for Annie and Auggie finally hooking up. It was a nice moment and I know there was alot of build up to it. But, personally I thought that Annie had more chemistry with Eyal and they seemed to have more of a connection.
I know well late to this, but we definitely dropped off back in season 2. So glad we picked back up with season 3 and so glad we did. Everything DJ outlined above is true - great season from start to finish. I was very happy to see the evolution of Annie as a spy throughout the season as well, especially in the finale. I certainly wasn't expecting the outcome in the final episode either.

If anybody dropped based on season 1/2 you should pick back up and watch season 3.

Hope season 4 continues the trend, although we need to wait for it to be available for free through Amazon Prime.