Survivor: Phillippines -- "Got My Swag Back" -- 10/17/12

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-12, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Survivor: Phillippines -- "Got My Swag Back" -- 10/17/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Summary:

"Got My Swag Back" - A twist in the game causes a shift in tribe dynamics. Meanwhile, as conditions worsen at camp, one castaway is faced with a game-changing decision, on SURVIVOR: PHILIPPINES, Wednesday, Oct. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CASTAWAYS:

Castaways competing on SURVIVOR: PHILIPPINES (in alphabetical order by tribe):

KALABAW:
Sarah Dawson
Katie Hanson
Jeff Kent
Dana Lambert
Jonathan Penner
Carter Williams

TANDANG:
Abi-Maria Gomes
Roberta "RC" Saint-Amour
Artis Silvester
Lisa Whelchel
Peter "Pete" Yurkowski
Michael Skupin

MATSING:
Malcolm Freberg
Zane Knight (1st voted off)
Angie Layton (3rd voted off)
Roxanne "Roxy" Morris (2nd voted off)
Denise Stapley
Russell Swan (4th voted off)

Read more: Listings - SURVIVOR on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz29bXXFk8n
Old 10-17-12, 07:55 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Survivor: Phillippines -- "Got My Swag Back" -- 10/17/12

Why not just let Matsing be decimated or hang on until a typical merge instead of merging after only 4 votes? Was it simply because it was too difficult to devise challenges with only two people left? That's one of the dangers of having 3 tribes, but I suppose there wasn't much else left to do. As far as I can remember, there's only been one season in which they allowed an entire tribe to be wiped out.

So now will there be a 2nd merge after 4 more are eliminated? Doesn't it normally happen with about 8 people left?
Old 10-17-12, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Jeff Probst must get more ass than a toilet seat.
Old 10-17-12, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Hey, Probst is a married man now...but I did think that Dawson was gonna start making out with him at the end there.
Old 10-17-12, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice to see Malcolm and Denise fit in with their new tribes since I actually like them and want to see them stick around for a bit.
Old 10-18-12, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I was hoping they go all the way and let the tribe be completely destroyed instead of merging them. To bad the one girl got sick. I'm sure the female alliance would have worked. Well at least until the merge. The Brazilian lady can not get along with other females.
Old 10-18-12, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel bad for Denise now. It seems she is up a creek and at the mercy of the Penner,Jeff Kent,Jeff Probst and the young blonde guy alliance. At least Malcolm seems well positioned and with many options on his new tribe
Old 10-18-12, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I think she is in a good position. She is clearly the strongest female and might be better than some of the guys. If she can survive until the next merge the guys will take out the other guys before her.
Old 10-18-12, 08:58 AM

I loved Skupin's strategy of tossing his own statue up in the air during the immunity challenge, giving him time to knock the other guy's statue off. Smart move!
Old 10-18-12, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Shinobi
I loved Skupin's strategy of tossing his own statue up in the air during the immunity challenge, giving him time to knock the other guy's statue off. Smart move!
Did Skupin do that? I thought that Malcolm also did that at the end. It seemed pretty obvious, at least from watching on TV, that that was they way to do it.

Was this actually a completely new challenge for the show? Or has there been something like this before"
Old 10-18-12, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Did Skupin do that? I thought that Malcolm also did that at the end. It seemed pretty obvious, at least from watching on TV, that that was they way to do it.

Was this actually a completely new challenge for the show? Or has there been something like this before"
It was certainly new to me. I thought it was a good challenge, so I hope they do variations of it again.
Old 10-18-12, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by windom
Skupin did it first. Malcolm obviously thought it was a good idea, so he copied the idea for his second try.
Old 10-18-12, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinobi
Yeah, but Probst said "first one to knock the statue off wins." Then the rules suddenly changed to "first satute that HITS THE GROUND." It would have been nice if Jeff clarified that BEFORE the first match.
Old 10-18-12, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Yeah, but Probst said "first one to knock the statue off wins." Then the rules suddenly changed to "first satute that HITS THE GROUND." It would have been nice if Jeff clarified that BEFORE the first match.
Yeah, that's what I though the rules were originally too. I was confused when the one that hit the ground first, but knocked off second, was declared the loser.
Old 10-23-12, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love thinking about the contestants watching the show in their homes and seeing what idiots they were.

I can't stand Abi (especially when she screws with super cute RC) so thinking about her watching the confessionals brings a smile to my face.

I don't get the complaints about this season - I'm really loving it because the majority of the cast aren't so darn annoying.

Is it weird that I like to hear Jonathan talk? He has that Alan Alda smoothness to his voice.

And since I had to catch up from the other week since I was on vacation - so glad Russell is gone. Hilarious scene when everyone was watching his meltdown in real time. Is it set in stone that Malcolm and Denise threw that competition?
Old 10-23-12, 04:02 PM

I don't think Malcolm and Denise threw the competition. Russell was the weakest physical and mental link.

What was up with Dawson kissing Probst after getting her torch snuffed out? She also seemed to have ser her own demise with all that sports talk (getting Kent nervous). I think Denise is in a reasonably good position now.

Poor Dana. Didn't see that coming.
Old 10-23-12, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

I loved Probst busting Abi's balls during the challenge about sitting out AGAIN.