Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Castle (S7E20) -- "Sleeper" -- 4/20/15

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-15, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Castle (S7E20) -- "Sleeper" -- 4/20/15

CASTLE AND BECKETT DISCOVER CLUES ABOUT HIS TWO-MONTH DISAPPEARANCE, BUT HIS INVESTIGATION LEADS THEM INTO DANGER, ON ABC'S "CASTLE"

"Sleeper" - A mysterious recurring dream drives Castle and Beckett to seek answers about the two-month period when he went missing. But their search for the truth has deadly consequences, on "Castle," MONDAY, APRIL 20 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Castle" stars Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle, Stana Katic as NYPD Detective Kate Beckett, Susan Sullivan as Martha Rodgers, Molly Quinn as Alexis Castle, Penny Johnson Jerald as NYPD Captain Victoria Gates, Tamala Jones as Medical Examiner Lanie Parish, Jon Huertas as NYPD Detective Javier Esposito, and Seamus Dever as NYPD Detective Kevin Ryan.

Guest Cast: Mackenzie Astin as Phillip Bartlett, Michael Dorn as Dr. Carter Burke, Matt Letscher as Jenkins, Maya Stojan as Tory Ellis.

"Sleeper" was written by David Amann and directed by Paul Holahan.

"Castle" is produced by ABC Studios. The executive producers are Andrew Marlowe (creator), David Amann (showrunner), Rob Bowman, Armyan Bernstein, Rob Hanning and Terri Edda Miller.

Some potentially big news:

Nathan Fillion signed on for a potential 8th season

Stana Katic has not....yet. She's still in negotiations. If she bails, I don't know how the show continues.

The showrunner David Amann is leaving the show after this season.

The creator of Castle Andrew Marlowe is also expected to leave after this season.

Season 8 could be a potential train wreck if Katic bails and ABC decides to continue it with only Fillion. I'm pretty sure the only way the show continues is if Katic re-signs.
Old 04-20-15, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Re: Castle (S7E20) -- "Sleeper" -- 4/20/15

yeah, him not having her on the show basically would make the show stupid. either she's there or cancel it. i hope it comes back. this is one of the shows my wife and i watch together. we both enjoy it and i like seeing Fillion on tv.
Old 04-20-15, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
yeah, him not having her on the show basically would make the show stupid. either she's there or cancel it. i hope it comes back. this is one of the shows my wife and i watch together. we both enjoy it and i like seeing Fillion on tv.
It actually took me until this season to get into Castle. I ended up binge watching it on TNT to catch up. I'd be bummed if it ends this year.
Old 04-21-15, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maybe it should end so Nathan can move over to Shield. Joss would find a place for him.
Old 04-21-15, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

This was a good episode, but as with most serious Castle episodes it felt rushed. I'd feel like there was more payoff if we had snipets of dream sequences throughout the season. I don't think that would have been too difficult.

Agree on season 8. If they both aren't signed then bail. Similar to the situation over on the Vampire Diaries.
Old 04-21-15, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I do think in Season 8, the mother and daughter should be demoted from cast to guest stars. Seems it goes several episodes before they appear in an episode. And when they do appear it is maybe a 3 minutes scene.
Old 04-21-15, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman07
This was a good episode, but as with most serious Castle episodes it felt rushed. I'd feel like there was more payoff if we had snipets of dream sequences throughout the season. I don't think that would have been too difficult.

Agree on season 8. If they both aren't signed then bail. Similar to the situation over on the Vampire Diaries.
Agree. This episode felt very rushed. Didn't really like the payoff to Castle being MIA from the beginning of the season. They had a good idea, but I think they didn't know how to finish it strong.

But there was some good humor, especially the pokes at Chuck Norris being in Castle's dream.
Old 04-22-15, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 909 Likes on 671 Posts

Fun episode but it didn't really explain anything about what happened. He never would have been "kidnapped" like he was and nothing about that story explains the two month absence or how he ended up camping on that beach, or whatever it was.
Old 04-22-15, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I used to love this show but now only watch out of a sense of obligation - it is often far too serious and tries to 'raise the stakes' when we all know nothing will happen to the core cast. I much prefer the fun and goofy episodes over the serious mystery ones... I'd actually be all for a final season of just Richard Castle Investigations, maybe it'd freshen the series up a bit.
Old 04-22-15, 12:33 PM

Rumor has it that they're now attempting to negotiate a 13 episode shortened 8th season. That should be sufficient to bring the series to an appropiate conclusion. (Including "filling in the gaps" on his two month disappearance.)
Old 04-22-15, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

I thought they said the mystery was going to unlock some new area for the character and take him in new directions? I'd say that was the PI phase, but that was a result of the mob alliance - nothing to do with his missing time.

I think there are a few episodes left, so maybe it will come up again.
Old 04-22-15, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We still DVR and watch it but it lost much of the charm once they got married. His disappearance has been so far back on the burners its been forgotten. They should have had a flashback here and there to remind you of it. Him without her would be a waste of time. I'm sure she's just wrangling for more money knowing it's the last season and she needs to cash out so we can live the rest of our lives together banging constantly and living in luxury.
Old 04-23-15, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 481 Likes on 353 Posts

I liked the episode. It filled in some of the gaps, while leaving others open for future details. The show is still very enjoyable and has some great characters.

But I'm OK with next season being the last. They've really gone just about as far as they can without totally nuking the fridge.
Old 04-24-15, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

I would have guessed this show was already on 8 or 9 seasons. It is generally fun, occasionally great, occasionally lame.