DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   "Caligula: 1400 Days of Terror" on History (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/605509-caligula-1400-days-terror-history.html)

Traxan 10-09-12 08:55 PM

"Caligula: 1400 Days of Terror" on History

Hope you people who complained about a lack of history on the History channel are watching this. It's fantastic, and the two female historians from Yale are seriously easy on the eyes.

It will undoubtedly be repeated a bunch of times.

Bill Needle 10-09-12 09:02 PM

Re: "Caligula: 1400 Days of Terror" on History

I was watching it (or at least listening to it in the background) while working and it sounded pretty decent. Then I got a call and completely missed a good half hour or so, but plan on recording one of what I expect will be many repeats when I get back in town. I will pay more attention to the guest historians now that you've given me the heads up.

Ravenous 10-09-12 10:07 PM

Thanks for the heads up! I dont watch reality shit so dont watch the history channel anymore. Will record the rerun

Giles 10-09-12 10:13 PM

is this rated TV-MA ? ;)

the book 'Sex Lives of the Roman Emperor' makes the Guccione/Brass film look pale in comparison.

cleveburgh 10-10-12 02:27 AM

Thanks for the tip. Mr. burgh and I are fascinated by this era, and he's currently reading all 6 volumes of Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. We just added 1400 Days to Tivo.

Geofferson 10-10-12 10:19 AM

Sounds interesting -- I'll be on the lookout for an encore.

superdeluxe 10-10-12 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Traxan (Post 11419623)
Hope you people who complained about a lack of history on the History channel are watching this. It's fantastic, and the two female historians from Yale are seriously easy on the eyes.

It will undoubtedly be repeated a bunch of times.

Those female Yale professors would definitely get it.

The whole thing with Tiberius and his 'minnows' wow.

Caligua, taking a guy's wife in the back and doing her, then coming out and announcing to the entire party including the husband was pretty awesome heh.

Giles 10-10-12 01:17 PM

I've watched half of this, but Tiberius wasn't a slouch in being a perv as much as Caligula was, in fact his debauchery was probably only second to Caligula's - he was equally one sick @%#$

Shamus McAnally 10-10-12 01:18 PM

Damn it to fuck all!

Oh well, guess I'll look for a rerun.

PhantomStranger 10-10-12 02:14 PM

I'll wait for the unrated edition on Blu-ray.

actionjackson29 10-10-12 05:50 PM

Doesn't look to be re-airing in the next 2 weeks.