Revolution -- "The Plague Dogs" -- 10/08/12

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-12, 04:43 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Revolution -- "The Plague Dogs" -- 10/08/12

Originally Posted by Jadzia
This article is kind of terrifying:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lawren...b_1952143.html

Watching this show already makes me want to stockpile food.
that article is by some guy pushing his book
Old 10-10-12, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 624 Likes on 482 Posts

I liked that the episode opened with Miles telling Charlie off. Disappointed that he softened up after that. I also dislike that they try to revolve everything around Charlie, they least interesting character.

I still like this show but it's a shame that these episodes don't seem to carry the sense of fun I got from the pilot.

The brother rescuing Neville didn't bother me because, since day one, I've gotten the vibe that the brother will end up having joined the militia (despite Monroe's promises of torture to the mother) by the time the others come to rescue him.
Old 10-10-12, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with most criticisms, but still find the show entertaining.

First NBC show in years.
Old 10-10-12, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So why was Elizabeth Mitchell's character unscathed after we saw a menacing torture guy enter the room and apologize for what was about to happen? Seriously, she even looked well-rested after that "torture" session.
Old 10-10-12, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by hahn
So why was Elizabeth Mitchell's character unscathed after we saw a menacing torture guy enter the room and apologize for what was about to happen? Seriously, she even looked well-rested after that "torture" session.
It wasn't physical torture. The off-screen torture was him reading her the script of this show/episode.
Old 10-10-12, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Maybe she's a robot.
Old 10-10-12, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2jiBhKRaZsw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"No. I don't think I'll ever get over Macho Grande. Those wounds run... pretty deep."
Old 10-10-12, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Elizabeth Mitchell's botoxed face does not allow her to show pain.
Old 10-10-12, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Elizabeth Mitchell's botoxed face does not allow her to show pain.

(She's STILL hot )
Old 10-10-12, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Red Dog
It wasn't physical torture. The off-screen torture was him reading her the script of this show/episode.
Nah. She would have revealed the secret for sure then.
Old 10-10-12, 09:16 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
Curious, I imagine better characters would help your interest. Does the concept feel like it will be dragged out far too much?
Yeah - I'm completely willing to suspend disbelief over plot points and basic logic if the premise is intriguing and I care about the personalities, but I just can't in this case.

I wouldn't post and take up other people's time if I really didn't wish it were otherwise. Will check back on this thread to see if the show gets better & I might watch it in sequence on Netflix.
Old 10-10-12, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
She was on Lost. She can take it.
Old 10-10-12, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm still in, but I swear at this point it may just be out of some morbid sense of curiosity over how bad it has to get before I bail.
Old 10-10-12, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by cleveburgh
Yeah - I'm completely willing to suspend disbelief over plot points and basic logic if the premise is intriguing and I care about the personalities, but I just can't in this case.

I wouldn't post and take up other people's time if I really didn't wish it were otherwise. Will check back on this thread to see if the show gets better & I might watch it in sequence on Netflix.
It may run better that way. Even though I am enjoying it I feel things will have to start happening before episode ten. Eighteen episodes to go for one season, I know they cannot basically do the same thing episode after episode. They are adding things in there and I am still plenty interested, I just think about what the season will do as it goes along.

I have had other shows in the past I really enjoyed however it felt like they padded half the season instead of getting to the point just to cancel it.
Old 10-11-12, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i lost interest... sucks
Old 10-11-12, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Loved Myles telling the annoying girl to shut up.

LOVED it lol. I mentioned to my wife the entire country was happy about it.

Really like the flashback and the mysteries as well.

Love the random creepy guy living in the amusement park with a pack of dogs..just random heh.
Old 10-11-12, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by leeta
Is it doing massively well in the ratings??? I either read or saw a promo saying it had over 30 million viewers.... I guess people aren't too picky.

I think part of the reason the actress playing Katniss (oops, Charlie) was hired is because she has amazing eyes. The camera loves them. Her acting skills... not so much.
Dystopian futures are popular right now. If this was another crime/hospital show it would have been cancelled by now.
Old 10-11-12, 09:44 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
It may run better that way. Even though I am enjoying it I feel things will have to start happening before episode ten. Eighteen episodes to go for one season, I know they cannot basically do the same thing episode after episode. They are adding things in there and I am still plenty interested, I just think about what the season will do as it goes along.

I have had other shows in the past I really enjoyed however it felt like they padded half the season instead of getting to the point just to cancel it.
Thanks for the thoughtful commentary, Xiroteus. I'm not here to pee in anyone's Cheerios. I go into shows wanting to like them. But I guess I'm tired of the relentless focus on supposed teens (who are actors well into their 20s) at the expense of well-rounded drama featuring actual communities and focusing on the plotline involving day-to-day survival.
Old 10-11-12, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

How is it that out of your 8 posts in the last 6 years..half of them are in here Why did this topic made you come out of lurking?
Old 10-11-12, 01:28 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
How is it that out of your 8 posts in the last 6 years..half of them are in here Why did this topic made you come out of lurking?
I'm unemployed!!!
Old 10-11-12, 03:13 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I'm unemployed!!!
That's cool, because in a month you will have something in common with the cast and crew of Revolution
Old 10-12-12, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
That's cool, because in a month you will have something in common with the cast and crew of Revolution
Old 10-12-12, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Thanks for the thoughtful commentary, Xiroteus. I'm not here to pee in anyone's Cheerios. I go into shows wanting to like them. But I guess I'm tired of the relentless focus on supposed teens (who are actors well into their 20s) at the expense of well-rounded drama featuring actual communities and focusing on the plotline involving day-to-day survival.
As a side issue, personally if and when I take issue with something it is likely because I want to like it. So if we take issue with something a show is doing it is likely because it almost has everything going for it yet they mess it up somehow.

Fair point on the adult teens, sometimes you can wonder why they bother, actors in their mid twenties playing sixteen at times. There are often shows that have great ideas then lose focus and have to find their vision again.
Old 10-12-12, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I didn't think this was a bad episode... but when shows go down the "apocolypse" route they can't hold a candle to non-network channels like AMC or HBO, etc. You can't do apocolypse right without giving the show more edge -- and NBC doesn't do edgy.
Old 10-12-12, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
Its been picked up for the entire year.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.