Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Nashville (now on CMT) - Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-17, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: Nashville (now on CMT) - Series Thread

Agree ^ Last 10 minutes with Chip and the Stella sisters performing the Rayna tribute was very moving.

I have to give some props to Lennon Stella. Although Maddie has had a really rocky story arc lately with her being an annoying and disruptive brat, she has shown some good and emotional acting chops with this storyline.
Old 03-09-17, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Midseason finale aired last night

That was a good episode. Glad to see Deacon pull through losing Rayna. Him reading Rayna's diaries was quite poignant IMO. The last bit when everyone decided to complete her final album using Rayna's pre-recorded vocals in duets was pretty cool. These last few episodes before the break started showcasing more music. Connie did say she would make another "appearance" after her big death episode. I'm assuming the interviews/pre-recorded recording of her counted as that.

That cliffhanger with Scarlett revealing she's pregnant was typical soap opera fashion, but whatever it is what it is. Hopefully the break isn't too long.
Old 04-10-17, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Nashville renewed for a 16 episode 6th season: http://ew.com/tv/2017/04/10/nashvill...ed-season-cmt/

More in lines with a traditional cable episode order.

Season 5 returns June 1st.
Old 08-07-17, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Binged the last 5-6 episodes. The season finale is next week. Looks like Highway 65 is in deep shit since the tech guy is pulling out.

Really solid episode last week. Good songs performed by Deacon at the Grand Ole Opry.

I'm glad they ditched the pregnancy storyline with Scarlett.

I got a kick out of Juliette stealing Maddie's song from that song writer and the cat fight it led to.

They've been kind of setting it up the last few episodes, but it looks like they are slowly setting up Deacon with Jessie as his potential new love interest. I have to admit that Chip Esten and Kaitlin Doubleday have good chemistry even though she's like 20 years younger than him.

They've had some good songs in this back half of season 5.
Old 01-04-18, 06:47 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

As previously announced, the final season of "Nashville" will premiere on Thursday, January 4 at 9pm ET/PT. With New Year's Eve looming, Deacon (Charles Esten) looks to distract himself from his own loneliness, but falls short despite the best efforts of people around him. After an onstage meltdown, Juliette (Hayden Panettiere) seeks to rid herself of self-doubt and the burden of unforgiving country music fans from an unlikely source. Maddie (Lennon Stella) gets invited to perform at a benefit in Los Angeles where she meets Jonah Ford (Nic Luken), pop music's newest and hottest young star. Following their personal and professional split, Gunnar (Sam Palladio) and Scarlett (Clare Bowen) struggle to find their voices as solo artists. Will (Chris Carmack) attempts to keep smiling after his own break-up with Zach (Cameron Scoggins). "Nashville" ranks as CMT's highest-rated and most-watched show in the network's history, averaging 2.1M weekly viewers (L+7).
Old 07-27-18, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Well, last night was the Nashville series finale.

Not sure how many of you stuck with it all the way to the end. I watched every episode and was happy I finished it up. It was a very satisfying ending. Everyone got a nice ending, especially Chip Esten's character Deacon.

Also, a very unexpected cameo from Connie Britton in last night's finale. She appeared in a newly shot flashback to help give Deacon some closure with his past.

They also had a big final number and pretty every actor who appeared in the show sang in it, including Connie. The creator of the show ended up by thanking everyone who watched and the city of Nashville.

It was a good final season and ending to a sometimes rocky show. I'm glad CMT gave it 2 more seasons after ABC cancelled it and gave it proper closure.
Old 07-29-18, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I liked the way they handled the last 2 seasons with more emphasis on the music and less on the "soap opera" plot twists.

I kept looking for past "villains" in the final concert number, but didn't see any. Also surprised that there was no Will Chase who was a major and sympathetic character.
Old 07-29-18, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Doc Moonlight
I liked the way they handled the last 2 seasons with more emphasis on the music and less on the "soap opera" plot twists.

I kept looking for past "villains" in the final concert number, but didn't see any. Also surprised that there was no Will Chase who was a major and sympathetic character.
Will Chase did appear in the final number. I do remember seeing a quick glimpse of him. But, his character was written out after season 4 and only made a few appearances in the 5th season.

You see Chase here with roughly 1:03 left in the video:

Last edited by DJariya; 07-29-18 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-29-18, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Scarlett's "fiancée" was Bowen's real life husband, added as a whim. I'm glad they adjusted the storyline this season with the veteran Scarlett was helping so that it wasn't another sad, sad love affair for her. Am I remembering it wrong, or wasn't Scarlett pregnant at some point. Did that get a resolution or did they drop it, -I just don't recall.

The producers were aware that some of the time-line in the final montage didn't sync up but they had to work with what they had to get the effect they wanted. Apparently what sold Britton on making a final appearance was the last scene, -the farewell to the audience, and I'm certainly glad she made it.

Overall, it's been a much better series on CMT, and I thought it survived Britton's departure fairly well.
Old 07-29-18, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by DWilson
Scarlett's "fiancée" was Bowen's real life husband, added as a whim. I'm glad they adjusted the storyline this season with the veteran Scarlett was helping so that it wasn't another sad, sad love affair for her. Am I remembering it wrong, or wasn't Scarlett pregnant at some point. Did that get a resolution or did they drop it, -I just don't recall.

The producers were aware that some of the time-line in the final montage didn't sync up but they had to work with what they had to get the effect they wanted. Apparently what sold Britton on making a final appearance was the last scene, -the farewell to the audience, and I'm certainly glad she made it.

Overall, it's been a much better series on CMT, and I thought it survived Britton's departure fairly well.
She lost the baby. It happened last season.