Search this Thread

Old 10-04-12, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Last Resort -- "Blue on Blue" -- 10/04/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
"Blue on Blue" - More than 20 warships are closing on the 200-mile perimeter that Marcus Chaplin declared as a no man's land around the island. And as XO Sam Kendal is drawn into a battle on the ground to keep them alive, Prosser confronts Marcus about something personal to him that could be impacting his judgment as Captain of the Colorado, on "Last Resort," THURSDAY, OCTOBER 4 (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) on the ABC Television Network.
Old 10-04-12, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Last Resort -- "Blue on Blue" -- 10/04/12

Blue on Blue is a terrific ep title given all the green on blue attacks we're enduring in real life. It's very topical feeling.
Old 10-04-12, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

taking an empty mag on an ambush
WIN
I mean lose
Old 10-04-12, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The flaw with this show so far is that the most interesting part is the stuff we're only seeing glimpses of. It would have been really interesting to make this into two parallel series with this one done the way it is and somebody equally good with TV handling the reciprocal what is happening in DC show. I'm sure it's too complicated an idea to be realistic but imagine if they could pull it off.

Can't wait for next week.
Old 10-04-12, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Ok, this show officially moved from preposterous to ridiculous. Literally nothing about it rings true or is remotely believable, even disregarding the laundry list of technical errors. The dialogue is laughable and performances are over the top to the point of distraction. Even the few positives I took out of last week's episode completely disappeared. Looks like my initial instinct was entirely correct. Enjoy.
Old 10-05-12, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

I'm no expert on the Navy, Submarines or it's tactics so I'm not going to nit pick and roll my eyes on stuff I have no expertise on.

All I will say is the episode was entertaining. I think this was a more character-driven episode. We learned a little more about Sam and Marcus' back stories and how they tied into this crisis.

The thing I didn't get was Kylie's friend having an allergic reaction and then being essentially brain dead. I didn't get the full context of their conversation, but was something said that could have led to this?

So the revelation of Marcus' son dying in friendly fire is making him now seem more like a lunatic than before with a major beef against the Government.
Old 10-05-12, 03:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
The thing I didn't get was Kylie's friend having an allergic reaction and then being essentially brain dead. I didn't get the full context of their conversation, but was something said that could have led to this?
Regarding Kylie's friend, we're supposed to infer that he was poisoned by whatever faction of the Government is presently in control. Her asking him to find out where the order to fire originated from obviously led to his demise.

So the revelation of Marcus' son dying in friendly fire is making him now seem more like a lunatic than before with a major beef against the Government.
Said revelation was nothing more than an attempt by Robert Patrick's character to instill doubt in the minds of the crew and usurp the faith they have in him as Captain. I highly doubt the expectation was for the audience to come to the conclusion that Marcus is a borderline lunatic who has a beef with the Government because of his son's recent death in Afghanistan.

Last edited by meritocracy; 10-05-12 at 03:24 AM.
Old 10-05-12, 04:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm no expert on the Navy, Submarines or it's tactics so I'm not going to nit pick and roll my eyes on stuff I have no expertise on.

All I will say is the episode was entertaining. I think this was a more character-driven episode. We learned a little more about Sam and Marcus' back stories and how they tied into this crisis.

DJariya,

This show was entertaining and that is the point...."Entertainment". For those looking for reality, go elsewhere. I will admit I am one of those when something happens in a show that is not accurate...not real...whatever you want to call it, I think to myself "yeah, right" , however, I do not over analyze the show and enjoy it's intended purpose. Entertainment!!!

I am enjoying the show after two episodes. I keep thinking to myself how long can they continue dragging out a television show where a US sub is fighting off the US military. It will be interesting to see where this show takes the viewer over the next few episodes.
Old 10-05-12, 07:22 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I loved the pilot, but this one didn't really click for me. Waaaaay too many "rah rah" speeches. If we're going to get those every week, I'm not sure if I'll be able to stomach it. And it does seem almost too unrealistic for me that a special forces team couldn't quite easily get to the island and take them all out.
Old 10-05-12, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

That some nitpick on the gun mag.
Old 10-05-12, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by aktick
Yeah I loved the pilot, but this one didn't really click for me. Waaaaay too many "rah rah" speeches. If we're going to get those every week, I'm not sure if I'll be able to stomach it. And it does seem almost too unrealistic for me that a special forces team couldn't quite easily get to the island and take them all out.
They were Russian...what else did you expect??
Old 10-05-12, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Screw the naysayers. Another entertaining episode.
Old 10-05-12, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,006 Likes on 624 Posts

I liked it.
Old 10-05-12, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by djones6746
I am enjoying the show after two episodes. I keep thinking to myself how long can they continue dragging out a television show where a US sub is fighting off the US military. It will be interesting to see where this show takes the viewer over the next few episodes.
Is it realistic? Nope. Is it fun? Yep. I'll keep watching as long as I'm entertained.
Old 10-05-12, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ratings arent so good.. they are comparing it to Charlie's Angels.... we all know how that ended
Old 10-05-12, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

It's a tough timeslot and I have a hard time understanding why they have this on at 8 rather than 9 or 10. Network suits baffle me.
Old 10-05-12, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
That some nitpick on the gun mag.
I know, but being a gun owner that owns an AR and therefore has a bunch of AR/M16 mags it immediately jumped out at me. It being in roughly the middle of the screen made it more noticeable too
thing is, all they had to do was put the flap over it like the others if they didn't want to load a few dummy rounds into it

I'm not planning on dropping the show, it's still decent entertainment tv
Old 10-05-12, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by raven56706
ratings arent so good.. they are comparing it to Charlie's Angels.... we all know how that ended
I wouldn't go that far. Charlie’s Angel’s second episode was a 1.5. At least Last Resort is hovering around a 2. Seriously, what does ABC expect here? They realize how difficult it is to start a show at 8PM on Thursday. It's been a death slot for them.
Old 10-06-12, 11:21 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Whats the deal with the guy who was put in hospital after being blackmailed by Autuum Reeser to help her ?

I don't get that part of the story
Old 10-06-12, 11:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
Whats the deal with the guy who was put in hospital after being blackmailed by Autuum Reeser to help her ?

I don't get that part of the story
I'm guessing that the "others" in government, who actually started the war with Pakistan, got to him because they probably figured out that he was the one who sent the text of Chaplin's removal in the first episode and he was probably caught when he tried to find the evidence that Reese's character asked him to get and the conspirators took him out. The one thing I didn't get was that at the end of the first episode admiral shephard showed up on Reese's doorstep and in this episode theres no mention of it. Did I miss something?
Old 10-06-12, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'd really love to see this get moved from 8 to 10. I'm worried about the numbers but hoping beating at least NBC will be enough for this show to get some leeway.
Old 10-06-12, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Bummer that it's not doing well in the ratings. It may not be realistic (really, not many shows are), but it's a blast to watch.
Old 10-06-12, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well it will be on at 10pm next week cause of the VP debate. Maybe the ratings will pick up there.
Old 10-06-12, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
Well it will be on at 10pm next week cause of the VP debate. Maybe the ratings will pick up there.
That's not really the point of the 10 PM slot. The point would be to give it a good lead in.
Old 10-07-12, 04:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
Not on the west coast. It's on at 8 here.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.