Warehouse 13 -- Midseason Finale -- "We All Fall Down" -- 10/01/12

Old 10-01-12, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 2,059 Likes on 1,510 Posts
Warehouse 13 -- Midseason Finale -- "We All Fall Down" -- 10/01/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The team find themselves battling one of their own when Artie's obsession with the Astrolabe reaches dangerous proportions.

Guest starring:
Jeri Ryan

Episode 10 of 20

Last episode for a long time. Returns April 2013.
Old 10-01-12, 08:09 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 170 Posts
Re: Warehouse 13 -- Midseason Finale -- "We All Fall Down" -- 10/01/12

wow, why so long?
Old 10-02-12, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

No idea, that is just how scifi rolls. The worst part is how the momentum is destroyed.

I know Artie was imagining Data, but I think the real Data is evil. I noticed that evil look he gave when he heard HG has the device he wants.

You would think a flower that can kill off half the world population would have more security around it.
Old 10-02-12, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
I know Artie was imagining Data, but I think the real Data is evil. I noticed that evil look he gave when he heard HG has the device he wants.
I didn't read that as evil, myself. It struck me as more of the standard "ancient organization tasked to guard something"-type of anger that would result from someone stealing the something that they're guarding.

You would think a flower that can kill off half the world population would have more security around it.
Eh, the more security, the more people know about it, the more chances for a security breach, etc, etc.

The one thing that's bugged me about this whole Evil Artie thing this episode is why none of the four agents zapped him with their Teslas at any point. As far as we've seen, there's no side effects to getting hit with those, correct?
Old 10-02-12, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by xVladx View Post
The one thing that's bugged me about this whole Evil Artie thing this episode is why none of the four agents zapped him with their Teslas at any point. As far as we've seen, there's no side effects to getting hit with those, correct?
Fatal flaw in their relationship with Artie. Despite the fact that the Artie they knew is almost "gone," they refused to do the things that were necessary to stop it. Simply because the agents all developed a familial relationship with each other.

It has been pointed out that these agents share the same weakness which was not found in previous agents. Jinx sees the sister he lost in Claudia, Claudia sees the brother she almost lost in Jinx. Pete and Myka see the siblings they never had in each other. And Artie is the uncle they fall to when things get out of hand. Even last season, HG Wells developed the same flaw as she
Spoiler:
scarficed herself in the original timeline to save Myka, Pete, and Artie

Many story arcs were built on this flaw and it drives the emotional impact of the
Spoiler:
prophecy coming true as the evil within Artie reveals the flaw to Claudia. Thus forcing her to do the one thing she never wanted to in the first place.
Old 10-02-12, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by emachine12 View Post
Fatal flaw in their relationship with Artie. Despite the fact that the Artie they knew is almost "gone," they refused to do the things that were necessary to stop it. Simply because the agents all developed a familial relationship with each other.

It has been pointed out that these agents share the same weakness which was not found in previous agents. Jinx sees the sister he lost in Claudia, Claudia sees the brother she almost lost in Jinx. Pete and Myka see the siblings they never had in each other. And Artie is the uncle they fall to when things get out of hand. Even last season, HG Wells developed the same flaw as she scarficed herself in the original timeline to save Myka, Pete, and Artie

Many story arcs were built on this flaw and it drives the emotional impact of the prophecy coming true as the evil within Artie reveals the flaw to Claudia. Thus forcing her to do the one thing she never wanted to in the first place..
See, that makes sense with Claudia's thing, seeing as she was going to be stabbing Artie with a dagger, something which is definitely life-threatening. The teslas, on the other hand, have (as far as I can remember) never had any negative side-effects. It's not like Artie's been established to have some sort of heart condition that would kill him if he gets zapped. They zap people with them all the time on the show and they're always shown to be able to get back up with absolutely no bad effects afterwards. So, for both Pete and Myka to just sit there and let Evil Artie just berate them in that auction house and not just zap him just didn't sit right with me, especially since they established that, without a doubt, Artie wasn't at home any more.
Old 10-04-12, 12:36 PM

Still watching this and still loving it. The last two episodes have been some of the best of the whole series. I really don't understand why syfy splits up the seasons like this. I'm looking forward to it coming back, and I hope it can keep up ratings and get renewed.
Old 10-04-12, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by emachine12 View Post

Pete and Myka see the siblings they never had in each other.
I thought that it was weird that Amy Acker was recently on playing Myka's sister.
Old 10-04-12, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by pelenor View Post
I thought that it was weird that Amy Acker was recently on playing Myka's sister.
Oops, I forgot about that... I guess the best way to reword it is a very strong brother & sister relationship. Pete's sister left for college bringing up abandonment issues stemming from his father's death. Myka grew up doing things boys would do which was the opposite of her sister.

As for the Tesla issue... it was established that even when Pete was hit by an artifact at the beginning of the season, Myka refused to use the Tesla on him even though it would stop others from beating on him.