DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Person of Interest -- Season Premiere -- "The Contingency" -- 9/27/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Ken Leung ("Lost") Guest Stars as the Latest POI

Amy Acker ("Dollhouse") Reprises Her Role as "Root," Finch's Kidnapper

Spoiler:
"The Contingency" - With Finch missing - kidnapped by his hacker nemesis, Root, in last season's finale cliffhanger - Reese enlists Detectives Carter and Fusco to get his friend back, on the second season premiere of PERSON OF INTEREST, Thursday, Sept. 27 (9:01-10:01 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Meanwhile, The Machine never sleeps, disseminating a new number to Reese. Ken Leung ("Lost") guest stars as the latest POI, and Amy Acker ("Dollhouse," "Angel") reprises her role as Root.

Read more: Listings - PERSON OF INTEREST on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz27edLy5kf

Promo:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rk3a0tvN3nQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

to Amy Acker coming back. Hope they keep her around.

Did all of you who said you would try to get caught up over the summer do so? The DVD/BD for season 1 is out.

IMO, the best new network drama last season (slightly edged Revenge) Hope season 2 keeps it up.
Old 09-27-12, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 623 Likes on 481 Posts
Re: Person of Interest -- Season Premiere -- "The Contingency" -- 9/27/12

I love this show and cannot wait for tonight.
Old 09-27-12, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk God

This was a case where the show really found it's footing in the 2nd half of the season.

I was quite surprised how many in this forum claimed they never heard of this show in the "Why aren't you watching....thread" I created about a month ago. I mean this was one of the most high profile new dramas last season. Unless those people have really tuned out on CBS.
Old 09-27-12, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Bump for the early viewers
Old 09-27-12, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's cool to have this back and I liked this episode quite a bit.

I was only catching it every other week or so last season, I think I'll be on it every thursday this year.
Old 09-27-12, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Thursday nights are kinda crowded for me. I missed about half the episodes last season as well and hoped to pick up the dvd or blu but thought they were too expensive. Hoping the prices drop soon so I can catch what I missed.
Old 09-28-12, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 349 Likes on 268 Posts

Excellent episode. Pretty cool about the dewey decimal system and the SSNs. A lot of people don't use it anymore so it was a great code.
Old 09-28-12, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a bad ep, but I found myself hoping they would wrap up the Root storyline quickly. The hostage thing with Finch is a bit ridiculous. I would hope he was smart enough not to play into her "if you don't cooperate I'll kill someone else" routine. Obviously she's a killer and she probably doesn't have a happy ending planed for either him or whatever scheme she needs him for. Besides, I 've never liked evil Amy Acker.
Old 09-28-12, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Great to have this back, but I agree: They need to wind up the kidnap story and get Finch/John back to doin' cool stuff together. I don't liek the hacker/murderer either.
Old 09-28-12, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Absolutely loved the episode.

I don't know why you guys want this Root arc to end ASAP. I don't mind it playing out a little longer. I assume it will most likely end in the next episode. Reese and Finch will eventually go back to helping a new POI in no time. It looks like the plot of the show as a bigger arc, especially with the shady Government characters.

Reese had some really hilarious scenes/dialogue. I loved the scene in the warehouse where he got "captured" and then spoke Dutch to the dog, then the camera panned to the outside and you could hear to punches, slams, bangs and then he threw the Aryan brotherhood guy out the window. Reese is such a badass.

at Reese struggling to fight the giant Aryan guy and then Carter shooting him with the bean bag and tear gas gun.

The flashbacks scenes from 2002 were also great. I liked seeing the machine in it's early stages and how it helped Finch cheat on cards.
Old 09-28-12, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started watching this when it first aired but due to a bad cable box and viewing conflicts I never saw the last several episodes. Last time I checked the box set was like $50 and with CBS not streaming anywhere I gave up on season 1.

So after all that and switching to Dish with pimetime anytime, I will be able to watch again. Will I be completely lost if I just started watching again with missing several of the last episodes? Really seems like I would be screwed picking it up now. Thanks!
Old 09-28-12, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Flatlander
I started watching this when it first aired but due to a bad cable box and viewing conflicts I never saw the last several episodes. Last time I checked the box set was like $50 and with CBS not streaming anywhere I gave up on season 1.

So after all that and switching to Dish with pimetime anytime, I will be able to watch again. Will I be completely lost if I just started watching again with missing several of the last episodes? Really seems like I would be screwed picking it up now. Thanks!
Finish season 1 first. It got really serialized in the last 1/4 of the season and a character in this episode was part of last season. The season premiere takes place moments after the finale and this story line continues next week. You would be really lost. There are some plot points in this 1st episode that talk about stuff from season 1.

Season 1 is available on Amazon Instant Video for $2.99 per episode in HD

http://www.amazon.com/Witness-HD/dp/...on+of+interest

Last edited by DJariya; 09-28-12 at 01:14 PM.
Old 09-28-12, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice to have this show back. I really like the Root storyline; it'll be interesting to see where it goes.

Originally Posted by DJariya
I loved the scene in the warehouse where he got "captured" and then spoke Dutch to the dog, then the camera panned to the outside and you could hear to punches, slams, bangs and then he threw the Aryan brotherhood guy out the window. Reese is such a badass.
Great scene. The way it ended reminded me of Tuco's introduction in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.
Old 09-30-12, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a question - why the hell doesn't Finch just beat the living shit out of Root the first time they are alone and no innocent bystanders are around to be hurt? I haven't seen her packing since the murder last season so she apparently doesn't have a piece instantly accessible. I mean, she is a female and he is a male, even if he does have a limp - jump her, administer beating, call Carter and case closed. Of course this is Tv land where every 110lb. hotty villianess is the fighting reincarnation of Bruce Lee and easily able to best any 3 250lb. linebackers at the same time. So I guess my plan doesn't make sense after all. Never mind.