DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Which new Fall show are you afraid of getting hooked on? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/604772-new-fall-show-you-afraid-getting-hooked.html)

raven56706 09-14-12 09:25 AM

Which new Fall show are you afraid of getting hooked on?

For me its Revolution.....

it sounds like a good show but from just the commercials, i dont think it will last past october!

what about you guys?

Charlie Goose 09-14-12 09:52 AM

Re: Which new Fall show are you afraid of getting hooked on?

I haven't really seen any promos that have me excited for a new show.

Timber 09-14-12 09:54 AM

Revolution, which I know I'll love and also know it won't make it to season 2 and Vegas which will most likely get a second season but will also likely suck.

FantasticVSDoom 09-14-12 10:18 AM

Revolution as well.. Watched the first episode, and it wasnt great but I enjoyed it. It wont last this season though.

raven56706 09-14-12 10:25 AM

another one i question is Last resort.... that should be more a mini series than a series.... a friend of mine saw it and said it was great. Not sure how they can pull this off

rfduncan 09-14-12 11:59 AM

666 Park Avenue and Nashville

CPA-ESQ. 09-14-12 12:17 PM

another vote for Revolution. I think it will get a full season pick up, end with tons of open questions and then not get picked up for next year.

madcougar 09-14-12 12:26 PM

Crack. Oh, wait. Wrong question.

Elementary.

critterdvd 09-14-12 12:54 PM

Personally it's "666 Park Ave" (Sundays are already INSANE with returning shows) and "Arrow".

DJariya 09-14-12 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by critterdvd (Post 11384574)
Personally it's "666 Park Ave" (Sundays are already INSANE with returning shows) and "Arrow".

There is no way Arrow gets pulled. Just being a superhero show on The CW will guarantee it at least 1 full season.

windom 09-14-12 01:16 PM

Do you remember Birds of Prey? That was a superhero show that only lasted 13 episodes...though technically that was still the WB. Now there is probably a demand to fill the void left by Smallville at least.

Shannon Nutt 09-14-12 02:26 PM

Actually, I'm not worried about getting hooked on any of them, although "The New Normal" looks like something that I'd find funny/entertaining (haven't seen it yet, though...just the trailers).

Not worried about getting hooked on "Revolution" since I know it's not going to last past Season 1...if it even makes it to January.

grenier 09-14-12 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose (Post 11384281)
I haven't really seen any promos that have me excited for a new show.

My feelings as well, nothing really exciting me.

Jason 09-14-12 04:00 PM

None. I've been burned enough.

jjcool 09-14-12 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt (Post 11384715)
Actually, I'm not worried about getting hooked on any of them, although "The New Normal" looks like something that I'd find funny/entertaining (haven't seen it yet, though...just the trailers).

Not worried about getting hooked on "Revolution" since I know it's not going to last past Season 1...if it even makes it to January.

Revolution worries me. I can see that being a big, loud, production heavy spectacle, ala Terra Nova, that implodes under the weight of its own budget.

As to the New Normal, I was very pleasantly surprised. I thoroughyl enjoyed both episodes so far. I definitely see why everyone was going nutso over the kid from Book of Mormon. I thought he was really good in both episodes. Ellen Barkin was a standout, as well as the little girl.

SmithsGuy 09-17-12 10:17 AM

Revolution and Last Resort - I want to see how they go on from the big premise in the pilot to making a long term show ... Does Revolution become Jericho (sorta). Does Last Resort become "evade the USS destroyer and/or sub" of the week show?

onebyone 09-17-12 10:25 AM

666 Park Avenue. The trailers and cast interest me, but it has early cancellation written all over it.

lewisb73 09-17-12 10:47 AM

not a single one