DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Hollywood Reporter Gives its odds on what shows will make it (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/604731-hollywood-reporter-gives-its-odds-what-shows-will-make.html)

superdeluxe 09-12-12 05:59 PM

Hollywood Reporter Gives its odds on what shows will make it

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/gal...olution-366970

Top 10:

1) Vegas 3-1
2) Elementary 5-1
3) Arrow 8-1
4) Nashville 10-1
5) Revolution 10-1
6) Chicago Fire 10-1
7) The Mindy Project 15-1
8) Ben and Kate 15-1
9) The Last Resort 15-1
10) 666 Park Avenue 20-1

Looks like THR really likes the crop of dramas this year. Surprised to see Arrow so high. Surprised that Vegas is #1 overall

Deftones 09-12-12 06:32 PM

Re: Hollywood Reporter Gives its odds on what shows will make it

Vegas is so high because it's on CBS and they get ratings no matter what they thrown on tv. It could be a video of a monkey taking a shit for 45 minutes and it'll get 10 million plus viewers on CBS.

superdeluxe 09-12-12 07:04 PM

Lol true

sven 09-12-12 08:15 PM

I won't be watching any of those.

DJariya 09-12-12 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by sven (Post 11382332)
I won't be watching any of those.

Don't worry. Game of Thrones is only 7 more months away :lol:

I'm really looking forward to Vegas, especially with the star power. Hopefully CBS can pull off a serialized period drama.

Not surprised the odds are good for it's survival. It has 2 of the highest rated television shows in the country as it's lead-ins (NCIS and NCIS: Los Angeles)

TheKing 09-12-12 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 11382343)

I'm really looking forward to Vegas, especially with the star power. Hopefully CBS can pull off a serialized period drama.

Not surprised the odds are good for it's survival. It has 2 of the highest rated television shows in the country as it's lead-ins (NCIS and NCIS: Los Angeles)

I dunno, I tend to look at CBS shows from the other perspective: the expectations are so high there that if you don't do hit your ratings mark, you're done. Look at Unforgettable last year. It won its time slot, but got cancelled, only to get a late reprieve as a summer series.

I think Vegas will do well because of its cast and subject matter, but I've give the edge to shows on the other networks in terms of survival.

Dragon Tattoo 09-12-12 09:34 PM

I've heard great word of mouth about "The Last Resort" from online (The pilot leaked online already), so while I had no interest in more network shit, I will now have to at least check that out.

sven 09-12-12 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 11382343)

I have plenty of shows to hold me over for the next 200 days. Some might say too many shows.

RichC2 09-14-12 01:39 PM

Tried out Ben and Kate and Mindy Project. Mindy Project has potential but the pilot was kinda shitty. Ben and Kate I enjoyed.

Red Dog 09-14-12 01:47 PM

Given those odds, it doesn't sound like they think more than 1 or 2 will make it. Heck they only think their most likely survivor has a 25% shot.

I'm checking out Revolution, Vegas, and Last Resort, so they're as good as doomed.

critterdvd 09-14-12 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog (Post 11384564)
Given those odds, it doesn't sound like they think more than 1 or 2 will make it. Heck they only think their most likely survivor has a 25% shot.

I'm checking out Revolution, Vegas, and Last Resort, so they're as good as doomed.

True, but when you think about over 66% of the shows that premier in the fall do not continue on to a second season...