Search this Thread

Old 09-06-12, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Damages -- "I Like Your Chair" -- 9/5/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
McClaren's (Ryan Phillippe) latest leak thrusts Ellen (Rose Byrne) into the spotlight. Tensions between McClaren and Rutger Simon (John Hannah) come to a head.

Episode 9 of 10

Next week is the Series Finale

Promo:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vdtiWxzcDFE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This aired last night for those still keeping up with it. I'm a few weeks behind. Trying to get caught up on a few other things. I will hopefully get caught up for the finale next week.
Old 09-06-12, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Re: Damages -- "I Like Your Chair" -- 9/5/12

Watched it, found it OK, and I would say I am actually ready for this series to end. Though I haven't found this season very compelling, I will say I'm interested to see how they wind it up.
Old 09-06-12, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been a fan of this show since I first watched it. Although Season 4 was not up to the standards set by previous seasons, Season 5 has been living up to them. I can't wait for the series finale.
Old 09-07-12, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 843 Likes on 589 Posts

I find the case this season (Channing McLaren stuff) to be weak compared to the previous seasons. The thing that's carrying this season is the Patty/Ellen battle (although it could be better) and the fact that it's all leading to a series finale.

I think my theory of Ellen's death being staged to nail Patty may be correct.

Can't wait for the finale, and I think it's definitely time for the show to end. I'm glad they're not going for another season.
Old 09-10-12, 01:08 PM

I loved damages but this season is pretty poor. While i don't want ellen to die or lose i think since they've already shown her on the ground in a pool of blood that would be a more respectable ending than the whole thing being staged.
Old 09-10-12, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ellen and Patty have both been dreaming a lot this season. FWIW, I think that the Ellen death scene is just another dream. Notice the different colors for that scene?

This show basically follows the same formula every season -- several possible scenarios are cultivated for whatever big evil is to befall our lovable heroine, and then a big twist at the end. This year, we're to believe that someone will kill Ellen: Either Patty, Patty's hired gun, someone associated with the "Julian Assange" case, or even dear old dad. But I think that, in the end, Ellen will be just fine and Patty will go to jail for Ellen's attempted murder in season 1.
Old 09-10-12, 03:29 PM

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

My wife's theory is that Ellen has a brain tumor and it's causing the hallucinations/dreams. They've also had her assistant telling her to see a doctor in the last episode.