Search this Thread

Old 08-01-12, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Damages -- "I Love You, Mommy" -- 8/01/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Patty and Ellen seek the source of the Princefield leak, while Patty takes on Ellen through the press.

Episode 4 of 10
Old 08-02-12, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Re: Damages -- "I Love You, Mommy" -- 8/01/12

This episode did nothing for me, and I'll be honest: I have no idea what happened at the end with the hacker dude (whose character I liked) and the pink flash drive and the other mysterious guy. I know he got blown up, but what was with the non-English stuff at the end? Just made me go, huh? And not in an intriguing sort of way...

Ellen really took out a $500,000 loan and transferred it all to a guy she'd never met with no assurance of actually getting anything? Yeah, Patty did too, but I don't think she needed a loan.
Old 08-02-12, 08:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uteotw
This episode did nothing for me, and I'll be honest: I have no idea what happened at the end with the hacker dude (whose character I liked) and the pink flash drive and the other mysterious guy. I know he got blown up, but what was with the non-English stuff at the end? Just made me go, huh? And not in an intriguing sort of way...

Ellen really took out a $500,000 loan and transferred it all to a guy she'd never met with no assurance of actually getting anything? Yeah, Patty did too, but I don't think she needed a loan.
Yeah as good as last week's episode this one was hit and miss. That Patty yelling at her granddaughter/Ellen/her sone looks like something out of some cheap horror movie or something. And as you said the hacker guy and the non English stuff was pretty odd and I really didn't get it. I'm pretty sure it will be explained in future episodes. Patty may have had something to do with that. She gave that evil look after getting the drive from the hacker and she did state her 'I don't trust anybody(anyone)' line.
Old 08-02-12, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

The mysterious guy said in Swedish "Ms. Parsons did not get the information".

Patty probably figured the hacker would also sell to Ellen too and had a guy waiting there after she left.
Old 08-02-12, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Gunde
The mysterious guy said in Swedish "Ms. Parsons did not get the information".

Patty probably figured the hacker would also sell to Ellen too and had a guy waiting there after she left.
That is incredibly helpful, but how would the average non-Swedish-speaking viewer know this?

Makes sense it was Patty's plan though: she was asking how she could know she had the only copy...
Old 08-02-12, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

I'm not sure this case would push Patty to have someone murdered as she doesn't seem desperate enough at this point. She's done the one attempt on Patty's life, but only when she was pushed into a corner.

I hate the way most shows/movies do the computer hacking thing. It looks so unrealistic and utterly ridiculous. And if the Samurai is so protective of the Princefield data, why is it even attached to a computer is hooked up to the internet? He's never heard of offline storage? I'm not expecting 100% accurate representation of the computer world in a show/movie, but some semblance of it would be nice.

I was expecting to find out more about who's dying and what Kate has to do with it - but no mention of that storyline this episode.
Old 08-03-12, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

That is incredibly helpful, but how would the average non-Swedish-speaking viewer know this?
They wouldn't. Maybe Direct TV forgot the subtitles
Old 08-03-12, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts

Frankly this season isn't doing much for me. Patty and Ellen both seem more stupid.

And at Patty being a prospective SCt nominee. I have to say that I would pay to watch those hearings.
Old 08-03-12, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Frankly this season isn't doing much for me. Patty and Ellen both seem more stupid.

And at Patty being a prospective SCt nominee. I have to say that I would pay to watch those hearings.
Yeah--HILARIOUS. If Clarence Thomas had troubles, I'm guessing Patty might as well. Really, there's no way she'd ever subject herself to that type of intense scrutiny in a million years considering her giant closet full of skeletons. Never.

I hope it rebounds; hate to see it go out like this.
Old 08-03-12, 10:56 AM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral

I hate the way most shows/movies do the computer hacking thing. It looks so unrealistic and utterly ridiculous. And if the Samurai is so protective of the Princefield data, why is it even attached to a computer is hooked up to the internet? He's never heard of offline storage? I'm not expecting 100% accurate representation of the computer world in a show/movie, but some semblance of it would be nice.

Yeah I hate it too. It is so ridiculously unrealistic. Tense scenes of eople hammering on their keyboard and insane amounts of text and other graphics being displayed. Sad that Wargame might still be the most realistic depiction of hacking in movies even if it was over modem