Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Newsroom -- "I'll Try To Fix You" -- 7/15/12

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Newsroom -- "I'll Try To Fix You" -- 7/15/12

Old 07-19-12, 10:08 PM
  #76  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 688
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Newsroom -- "I'll Try To Fix You" -- 7/15/12

Exactly, it's just lazy writing.
Old 07-20-12, 10:27 AM
  #77  
DVD Talk Legend
 
chuckd21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Florida
Posts: 10,699
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Newsroom -- "I'll Try To Fix You" -- 7/15/12

Originally Posted by Coral View Post
And there's a huge gap of time between the last episode and this one (6 months?) and everyone is exactly where they are in this already tiresome relationship thing? And it took this long for the ACN big-wigs to do something to try and tarnish MacAvoy? He was apparently soiling ACN's relationships with other companies and effecting ratings - and they allowed this to stand for this long when the last episode it was an urgent matter?
Last week's episode took place over a six month period, ending with the November elections. This episode was a little more than a month after that.
Old 07-20-12, 11:30 AM
  #78  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 58,882
Received 157 Likes on 131 Posts
Re: The Newsroom -- "I'll Try To Fix You" -- 7/15/12

I enjoyed this episode, but as some have mentioned, some of it was eye rolling.

1st of all, IMO Maggie had no business getting upset and calling out Jim on lying/sleeping with Lisa. Hello....you have a boyfriend and it's none of your fucking business!!

2nd, the Bigfoot stuff was just ridiculous.

Other than that, the Gabby Giffords news report segments were awesome and very well handled.


BTW, according to this report, Sorkin has fired most of his writers:

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/07...rkin-newsroom/

No news about possible replacments for season 2. I'm sure some of you who have been unimpressed with the show so far are probably grinning.
Old 07-20-12, 12:10 PM
  #79  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Trelach24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,942
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Newsroom -- "I'll Try To Fix You" -- 7/15/12

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
I enjoyed this episode, but as some have mentioned, some of it was eye rolling.

1st of all, IMO Maggie had no business getting upset and calling out Jim on lying/sleeping with Lisa. Hello....you have a boyfriend and it's none of your fucking business!!
Wait, bitches be crazy???

That is totally unrealistic!
Old 07-20-12, 12:17 PM
  #80  
DVD Talk Legend
 
chuckd21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Florida
Posts: 10,699
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Newsroom -- "I'll Try To Fix You" -- 7/15/12

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
BTW, according to this report, Sorkin has fired most of his writers:

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/07...rkin-newsroom/

No news about possible replacments for season 2. I'm sure some of you who have been unimpressed with the show so far are probably grinning.
The haters won't care until Sorkin fires himself. And this happens on lots of shows.
Old 07-20-12, 03:16 PM
  #81  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JeffTheAlpaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 13,402
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Re: The Newsroom -- "I'll Try To Fix You" -- 7/15/12

BTW, according to this report, Sorkin has fired most of his writers:

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/07...rkin-newsroom/
So this is the end of Gideon Yago?
Old 07-20-12, 07:44 PM
  #82  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 12,852
Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: The Newsroom -- "I'll Try To Fix You" -- 7/15/12

Originally Posted by chuckd21 View Post
Last week's episode took place over a six month period, ending with the November elections. This episode was a little more than a month after that.
Aaahh... ok. My issue still stands with the relationship crap, I just lost track of when the jump happened.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.