Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 14 After Dark/Live Feed Spoiler Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-12, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Brother 14 After Dark/Live Feed Spoiler Thread

Posted this on the main "BB" thread but I'll put it here to be safe:

Here's what Dan told Shane as he was walking out the door (from people that DVR'ed it and then filtered the audio):

"She's been playing you the whole time. Ask Jenn."

Not sure if Shane didn't hear Dan or pretended to not know when he was talking to Julie on the live show.

Wow, Dan's ruthless!
Old 09-14-12, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dad1153
Posted this on the main "BB" thread but I'll put it here to be safe:

Here's what Dan told Shane as he was walking out the door (from people that DVR'ed it and then filtered the audio):

"She's been playing you the whole time. Ask Jenn."

Not sure if Shane didn't hear Dan or pretended to not know when he was talking to Julie on the live show.

Wow, Dan's ruthless!
These antics get so crazy that I'm not sure that I even follow. Why is Dan ruthless for saying this IF it's true? Isn't Jenn likely going to tell Shane what Dani has been telling her IF it's true? More importantly, how can it be possibly true? Dani is STILL, according to Jokers, out of her mind because of what Dan did. IF she was playing Shane, why would she be so upset to see him leave? What the hell is going on this season? Britney is the reasonable one and Frank is the baby, yet I'm not even sure if Brit would vote for Dan over Ian, although he thoroughly deserves to win.

I say this in the Survivor threads every year. I would be so embarrassed for myself and my family for going on one of this shows and whining because someone "played" me, by looking me in the eye (Shane) or placing their hand on the bible. Do Shane and Frank think they told the truth all summer?

I don't even get why people are being so hard on Dan. He has no business even being there...that alone is almost enough to give him the winner's check. Frank was yammering on about how many times he tried to get out Dan. Yeah, but you didn't. That's why he DESERVES your respect in the game.

It's not like he's walking around telling people that they are ugly or stupid or being a jackass. He's no ED and that guy managed to win. He's no Russell and he ONLY lost because of how mean he was to people NOT because he lied to people to advance in the game.

Back to the start. So was Dan lying to Shane or just trying to dig the knife in deep? It sure doesn't seem like Dan would want to hurt Shane, so I don't get the point of the comment, especially if Jenn already can back up its authenticity. Dan wouldn't have said it if he wasn't hoping Shane would talk to Jenn.

Pathetic, to me, is how Dani has been acting. As if Shane and her are ever going anywhere. It will never happen. She states in her own profile that she's afraid of never finding the right man. She was supposed to be on a dating show. Her desperation over a guy that she was playing a game with and will see again in a week is just pathetic and it's taken away from almost everyone watching any respect for her game play, which has actually been quite good despite how much people seem to claim otherwise. How can someone be educated and trained to be a nurse and not know that if Shane and her are meant to be, it should be able to stand the test of Dan evicting him and costing him the game? She should be thinking of the first or second place right now. Personally, despite Dan's more devious style of play this time around, he deserves hazard pay for being patient enough to deal with Dani for this long.
Old 09-14-12, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 214 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Pathetic, to me, is how Dani has been acting. As if Shane and her are ever going anywhere. It will never happen. She states in her own profile that she's afraid of never finding the right man. She was supposed to be on a dating show. Her desperation over a guy that she was playing a game with and will see again in a week is just pathetic and it's taken away from almost everyone watching any respect for her game play, which has actually been quite good despite how much people seem to claim otherwise. How can someone be educated and trained to be a nurse and not know that if Shane and her are meant to be, it should be able to stand the test of Dan evicting him and costing him the game? She should be thinking of the first or second place right now. Personally, despite Dan's more devious style of play this time around, he deserves hazard pay for being patient enough to deal with Dani for this long.
I remember when Wil was going out the door, - Dani tearfully pleaded with him to get in touch with a guy she had been dating ( I think she said earlier it had been two dates but they had "instant" chemistry) and tell him not to pay attention to what he saw on the show and that she didn't want him to give up on her, or something to that effect.
Old 09-14-12, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I say this in the Survivor threads every year. I would be so embarrassed for myself and my family for going on one of this shows and whining because someone "played" me, by looking me in the eye (Shane) or placing their hand on the bible.
If someone is a super religious person it's easy to see why they would be offended by someone holding there hand on the bible when they lie. I guess the difference is I see it as Dan should know better and he has no one but himself to blame if he loses peoples votes for bringing God into it with people who put God so highly in their lives. Just leave religion or swearing on children/spouses off the table when you lie to people.
Old 09-14-12, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Howie2000
If someone is a super religious person it's easy to see why they would be offended by someone holding there hand on the bible when they lie. I guess the difference is I see it as Dan should know better and he has no one but himself to blame if he loses peoples votes for bringing God into it with people who put God so highly in their lives. Just leave religion or swearing on children/spouses off the table when you lie to people.
It's a game. I'm not a religious person, but I still don't see what the problem is. Only you and your God know the truth, so anyone who's stupid enough to allow things like that to play into how they judge someone is just stupid in my opinion. If I'm wrong about God, I'm pretty sure nothing Dan has done this summer would make the "Big Guy" mad.

As far as bringing your family into it, why not? I mean, again, you're trying to win $500,000 for your family. Let Chelsea decide what Dan should or shouldn't do as far as swearing on her. I just don't see how it makes any difference.

Really, Shane said to Julie that when he looks someone in the eye and makes a deal, that's good enough. First, that's a fool's answer for a reality show and second, Shane is like Frank. They seem to be able to rationalize between their lies, which were necessary, and Dan's lies which weren't.
Old 09-14-12, 08:59 PM

It's a game. I'm not a religious person, but I still don't see what the problem is. Only you and your God know the truth, so anyone who's stupid enough to allow things like that to play into how they judge someone is just stupid in my opinion. If I'm wrong about God, I'm pretty sure nothing Dan has done this summer would make the "Big Guy" mad.

As far as bringing your family into it, why not? I mean, again, you're trying to win $500,000 for your family. Let Chelsea decide what Dan should or shouldn't do as far as swearing on her. I just don't see how it makes any difference.

Really, Shane said to Julie that when he looks someone in the eye and makes a deal, that's good enough. First, that's a fool's answer for a reality show and second, Shane is like Frank. They seem to be able to rationalize between their lies, which were necessary, and Dan's lies which weren't.
Well said
Old 09-15-12, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its the same thing every year:

God has no purpose in any way with reality TV shows.
Old 09-15-12, 11:09 PM

Ian won Part 2 of HOH
Old 09-15-12, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kidindy
Ian won Part 2 of HOH
yeah haha thank god. Doubt he wins part 3, though.
Old 09-15-12, 11:30 PM

Dan and Dani fake fought in front of Ian to hide their alliance. Not sure Ian buys it, but Dani being a bitch to Ian ('if you take me for that man I'll tank the jury... you won't get my vote or Shane's vote') plays into Dan's hands going into the Final 2 HOH. If Ian wins it's likely he takes Dan (unless he grows massive balls and does the biggest, most epic backstab of the season yet on finale night by sending Dan to jury), and if Dan loses or wins HOH (throws it if he feels strong about Ian taking him, goes for it if he thinks Danielle is worth saving) he's golden.

And this, Dani, is why you should have given the POV to no one. With Shane there Dani would be an automatic F2, but now she needs Dan to win the final HOH to have a shot at Dan taking her. Yes, put your trust and faith on a player that has every incentive to throw the final HOH beause he already has a F2 with the other player he's competing against that has an edge (per Dan's words) in these types of competitions. Gonna be a tense few days in the "BB" house.
Old 09-15-12, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ha, I wasn't even thinking about Dan throwing the last part. If he does, it will be epic either way. Seeing Danielle disappointed or seeing Dan evicted.
Old 09-16-12, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

This was all planned out last night when Dan and Danielle were playing chess. If Ian won, Dan was going to act all excited and high five him outside to "expose them". Dan and Danielle are running a game to try to make Ian not want to win part 3. It doesn't look like it's working so far, but you never know what Ian's feelings will be about it by Wednesday. He had already broached the subject with Dan prior to them playing part 2.

As for Dan throwing part 3...there's no incentive for him to do it, b/c Ian would be much more difficult to beat. I don't think he has any guaranteed votes in that scenario, b/c Brit is pulling so hard for Ian. I'm sure that's the storyline BB wants b/c then it's the kid beating the big bad villain.

I don't think it matters anyway. Part 3 is such a crapshoot that you could try to get the answer wrong and still get it right. Where Dan does have an advantage over Ian is that he got to know people better. Ian is just a little too socially awkward.
Old 09-16-12, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mwbmis
As for Dan throwing part 3...there's no incentive for him to do it, b/c Ian would be much more difficult to beat. I don't think he has any guaranteed votes in that scenario, b/c Brit is pulling so hard for Ian. I'm sure that's the storyline BB wants b/c then it's the kid beating the big bad villain.
He's entertaining the idea.
Dan: if I want to win this game, I have to get to the end with Ian. He thinks it's crazy to do it but it think it could work
Dan to himself in the kitchen "my best move is to throw HOH to Ian. If I win, my conscience will not allow me to not take Danielle. Yes I know its surprising that I do have a conscience."
Dan says that it's pure insanity to throw it. But it's so insane that it just might work. NT
Old 09-16-12, 01:02 AM

A minute or so before that Dan monologue Danielle cried in Dan's arms and it was kind-of heartbreaking (she cried through taking a shower and she's still crying in her bedroom). All the energy and life has just drained from her game and the full weight of what she did last Thursday (give up a guaranteed F2 for a 50-50 shot at F2) is really hitting her right now. So yeah, Dan has a conscience and seeing Dani broken like that has given him pause.

Or maybe Dan has his can of mist aimed backwards and he just misted himself.
Old 09-17-12, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Can someone who gets the game better or has watched more closely tell me why Dan wants to go against Ian in the F2?

Dan is not going to convince the jury Ian has been just as "dirty" or more so. Dani is so disliked and has annoyed enough people where it seems like she wouldn't even get much credit for what she has done. And Dan isn't getting Shane's vote back, but he has a chance at getting Britney's.

It just seems like the people who are angry with Dan would rather give Ian the money than Danielle. He can win the last HOH, take her to the F2 and talk about being loyal to one person from beginning to the end and then tell the jury that she wouldn't even be there next to him if he hadn't done all The things many of the jurors are mad at him for. So why reward her for Dan's work? Why reward Dani if the two were thick as thieves and Dan just made the tougher/dirtier moves because she couldn't do it herself?

If he has to win with his speech, it seems like it would be bullying Ian and backfire while no one really cares if Dani cries yet again. Besides, he'd still get Ian's vote too.

And, lastly, why is dani talking about influencing the jury if she's the last one out and no one is correcting her? The last person out has no alone time with the jury at all.

Finally, winning the last HOH to me could sway an undecided vote or two. If you're in the jury house stewing about Dan but also realizing he did play the best game and you're a bit bitter, I would think seeing him as the winner going into the finale might be enough to push you over the edge and just admit he deserves the money, whether you like him or not.

Against Dani, he'd get Ian, Brit and Jenn. He'd only need one person to be persuaded that he, indeed, was the best player this season and to not vote based on being bitter.

So, where am I wrong? I know I am, I just don't see it.
Old 09-17-12, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No one wants to help me understand why Dan wants to go to the jury having lost the final comp on purpose to face Ian?
Old 09-17-12, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

dolphinboy, I agree with what you are saying. I haven't been following too closely the past two days so I'm not sure of what Dan's real plan is. Is having Danielle work on Ian so that he throws the final comp so he doesn't have to evict Danielle so that she would still vote for him? If that's the case, Dan may still take Danielle. Has Dan told the cameras that he is gonna let Ian win it? I think it will be more difficult for him to beat Ian than Danielle. He should take Danielle to have a better chance of winning but that may not be clear to him on the inside. I've also read speculation that he is acting like he would definitely take Ian so that production doesn't tip of Ian in any way that Dan might not take him. Getting himself and his former player would be a more compelling reason why he should win. He can just tell Ian that his loyalty has been to Danielle since day one and he can't break that. Ian would probably still vote for him.
Old 09-17-12, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by windom
dolphinboy, I agree with what you are saying. I haven't been following too closely the past two days so I'm not sure of what Dan's real plan is. Is having Danielle work on Ian so that he throws the final comp so he doesn't have to evict Danielle so that she would still vote for him? If that's the case, Dan may still take Danielle. Has Dan told the cameras that he is gonna let Ian win it? I think it will be more difficult for him to beat Ian than Danielle. He should take Danielle to have a better chance of winning but that may not be clear to him on the inside. I've also read speculation that he is acting like he would definitely take Ian so that production doesn't tip of Ian in any way that Dan might not take him. Getting himself and his former player would be a more compelling reason why he should win. He can just tell Ian that his loyalty has been to Danielle since day one and he can't break that. Ian would probably still vote for him.
Thanks. Well, that explains some of it. I'm glad to see that someone else thinks he'd face better odds in the F2 by not losing the last HOH and taking Danielle.

It's definitely a sad statement about the show and AG, herself, if Dan is playing a game inside of the game right now so the show doesn't try to mess with his plans by tipping off Ian.

Dani is a mess of a person, but she's being torn apart by so many people, especially some ex-BB players, who have no business judging anyone else (Evel Dick) that I'm actually hoping she gets the 2nd place check.

I know Ian's the popular way to go right now, but I do worry that he'd beat Dan and I don't care how "dirty" people call his game play, Dan has simply played BB masterfully this season. No one has done a better job since Dr. Will's first time on the show. The two stand alone, no matter matter what happens.

Granted they cast a LOT of boneheads each season, but it's not just "getting" how to play the game and manipulate people, but being able to execute it that really counts and while I personally think I could have out-thought Dan, I can't say that I could have executed those thoughts into actions so successfully. It's impressive to watch, especially on such a guilty pleasure/crappy/rigged/summer reality show that usually has fairly lame winners.
Old 09-17-12, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Couldn't Dan just be covering all his bases with the viewers? If he loses round 3, he can always say it was part of his master plan.
Old 09-17-12, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm just worried that Ian wins part 3 and decides to take Danielle. Has he given any indication that he might actually take her? Could she say anything in her final plea that would make him want to take her?
Old 09-17-12, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by windom
I'm just worried that Ian wins part 3 and decides to take Danielle. Has he given any indication that he might actually take her? Could she say anything in her final plea that would make him want to take her?
I can't see that happening. Not even because of Dan's mist. I actually watched some of BBAD last night and it was all Dani being a huge, passive aggressive bitch to Ian.

I don't blame her for trying to get Ian to take her, but her tactics were so downright cruel and condescending that you could see steam coming out of Ian's ears.

He seems to believe she could beat him, which I don't get, but she's pissed him off so much that if Ian would ever even consider flipping on Dan, she actually helped Dan by making Ian hate her. That's another reason why, among others, Ian would still vote for Dan if Ian ends up on the jury.
Old 09-17-12, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

No one wants to help me understand why Dan wants to go to the jury having lost the final comp on purpose to face Ian?
I think that Dan wanted to go up against Danielle in the final two, but they were unable to convince Ian to throw the second comp, so he'll be facing off against Ian in the final HOH.

This put a kink in Dan's masterplan: I believe he would have gone head to head against Dani Wednesday night, then thrown the comp to her knowing that she would remain loyal and take him to finals. That way, he wouldn't have to betray Ian.

If he lets Ian win, he's counting on him to uphold the final two deal they made and send Dani to jury. If Dan wins, then he has alienate either Dani or Ian, and this going to be a bitter, volatile jury with people like Shane and Jenn who will probably remain loyal to Dani and Britney who will remain loyal to Ian, and Frank who hates his fucking guts.

And, wow, Dani was being a total bitch to Ian last night. Not sure if she was doing this on her own to strong-arm Ian into taking her to F2, or if it was instigated by Dan to insure Ian would take him. Ian spent the rest of the night swinging on the hammock, saying to himself that he won't respond to threats, end of story, done.

Ian should have taken a page from Evil Dick and thrown his drink in her face, telling her she could stick her vote up her fat ass, and that he was sending her fake tits and pimpled face to the jury so Shane could kiss her clingy, needy ass off.
Old 09-17-12, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I think that Dan wanted to go up against Danielle in the final two, but they were unable to convince Ian to throw the second comp, so he'll be facing off against Ian in the final HOH.

This put a kink in Dan's masterplan: I believe he would have gone head to head against Dani Wednesday night, then thrown the comp to her knowing that she would remain loyal and take him to finals. That way, he wouldn't have to betray Ian.

If he lets Ian win, he's counting on him to uphold the final two deal they made and send Dani to jury. If Dan wins, then he has alienate either Dani or Ian, and this going to be a bitter, volatile jury with people like Shane and Jenn who will probably remain loyal to Dani and Britney who will remain loyal to Ian, and Frank who hates his fucking guts.

And, wow, Dani was being a total bitch to Ian last night. Not sure if she was doing this on her own to strong-arm Ian into taking her to F2, or if it was instigated by Dan to insure Ian would take him. Ian spent the rest of the night swinging on the hammock, saying to himself that he won't respond to threats, end of story, done.

Ian should have taken a page from Evil Dick and thrown his drink in her face, telling her she could stick her vote up her fat ass, and that he was sending her fake tits and pimpled face to the jury so Shane could kiss her clingy, needy ass off.
Other than you acting very ED-like, yourself, with that rant, that really still doesn't make the case for why Dan wants to lose the HOH and face Ian. If it's simply not to betray Dani, that's a joke. She's going to vote for Dan either way. I actually believe this jury, not being sequestered, knows how the public thinks. I just don't see how any of them want to give the money to to Dani, knowing how unpopular she is and how unpopular their decision would be.

Many of these people come on this show to get famous in some form or fashion. Giving the money to Dani would almost be as bad as giving the money to Natalie. Jessie and Lydia weren't fools.

But the jury would have no such problem giving the money to the very popular and lovable Ian.

If Dan beats Ian with the jury, I'd truly be shocked. Ian is the excuse they need to be the bitter jury they want to be. Dan should know this.
Old 09-17-12, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just tuned into BBAD...does this kid ever stop with hammock? I had to fast forward through him riding it last night...it was like watching a flip book moving at the wrong speed. He should go for a Guiness record or something. I don't remember anyone else in BB history riding the Hammock like Ian does.
Old 09-18-12, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ian's got a certain level of ADD/ADHD/Aspergers (can't remember which) but he doesn't want to take meds for it that will dull his thought process so the rocking is his way of ealing with it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.