Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Hit & Miss -- New Series with Chloe Sevigny -- Wednesdays (Audience Network)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-12, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

HIT AND MISS, from Paul Abbott, creator of Shameless and State of Play, is a high concept and ambitious new series that follows Chloë Sevigny as Mia, a contract killer with a secret: she’s a transgender woman. Mia’s life is sent into a tailspin when she receives a letter from an ex-girlfriend dying from cancer revealing that Mia fathered a son eleven years ago. Faced with a difficult decision, Mia becomes the guardian to a new family forcing her to mix her killer instincts with her newly developing maternal instincts. HIT AND MISS tells the story of a lethal killer at the heart of a troubled family and how all of their lives will be dramatically changed forever.
Trailer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8JIlHda25KE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This airs after Damages tonight at 10pm. Anyone going to check this out? It's a 6 part series.
Old 07-11-12, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts
Re: Hit & Miss -- New Series with Chloe Sevigny -- Wednesdays (Audience Network)

Sounds very weird, but Chloe Sevigny and Paul Abbott? I'll definitely check this out.

Thanks for the heads-up!
Old 07-11-12, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 601 Likes on 434 Posts
Re: Hit & Miss -- New Series with Chloe Sevigny -- Wednesdays (Audience Network)

Audience Network? What the bleep is that?
Old 07-11-12, 09:08 PM
Premium Member

Received 695 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony
Audience Network? What the bleep is that?
It's DirecTV's channel. It used to be called 'The 101'.
Old 07-12-12, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It was pretty good, I thought. Although it's hard to be convinced of Chloe being tough, I can put that aside and still enjoy it.

I didn't realize it'd already been broadcast in the UK.

I'll watch the whole series.
Old 07-12-12, 03:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm on episode 4 and I still love the show. This made waiting for the next season of Luther a bit easier.
Old 07-17-12, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just watched episode 4 last night. I'm really enjoying this!
Old 07-18-12, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by andicus
Although it's hard to be convinced of Chloe being tough, I can put that aside and still enjoy it.
CLEARLY you never watched Big Love then.
Old 07-18-12, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I watched this series. It is quite good. I think the show's greatest strength is in the cinematography and dreamy quality to the show. There are some really beautiful scenes.

Don't be turned off by the transgender thing. It really isn't a big part of the plot at all (although be prepared for plenty of full body nude shots), but it adds some unique vulnerability to the character which makes it interesting.

I think it is much better than Luther, which had a good season 1 but really dropped the ball season 2 (IMO).

I think the show did kind of cheap out on the transgender thing. Kind of hard to buy Sevigny as a former man. I will give MAJOR props to her for the few scenes when she goes male, though. Really helps sell the character.
Old 07-18-12, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rfduncan
CLEARLY you never watched Big Love then.
I sure did! That was a different kind of tough, though!
Old 07-18-12, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

So no directTV out of luck?
Old 07-18-12, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just finished the show and loved it. My only gripe is I don't buy her as tough. Every time she shadow boxed or hit the heavy bag she looked awful. They need to do a combat crash-course because it took me out of the moment every time she did anything.

So far no word on the show getting a 2nd season. Odds are probably 50/50.
Old 07-19-12, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just finished it as well. I'll be bummed out if they don't make another series. Especially with that cliffhanger ending.

I have to say, though, I was really surprised at

Spoiler:
how poorly they disposed of the body parts.
Old 07-27-12, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Karla Crome (Riley from Hit & Miss) is going to be a new regular on Misfits series 4:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s145/...-pictures.html

The other new character is from Shameless, although I don't recall his character...

Old 09-03-12, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just caught up on the rest of this show and I loved it. The last 2 episodes I was on the edge of my seat! I hope it comes back.

Surprised they didn't feed John's body parts to the pigs, although that might be too Deadwood.
Old 09-03-12, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I finished watching this show last month. I would love for them to bring it back. Tossing the body parts in the water was dumb. I guess they couldn't feed them to the pigs because those were pigs they actually raised to eat and sell.
Old 09-04-12, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought it was great, recorded them and watched a few weeks ago. Would be disappointed if it wasn't renewed.
Old 09-05-12, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Apparently Sky Atlantic, who originally produced the show, will not be making a 2nd season. Apparently this was intended to be a self contained miniseries.

Hit & Miss was commissioned as a self-contained drama. The series was the first UK drama commissioned for Sky Atlantic and the response from our customers and the press has been overwhelmingly positive. Following the success of this series, Sky Atlantic continues to be committed to investment in original British scripted productions with upcoming drama Falcon, and other productions which will be announced soon.
Old 09-05-12, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well that's very disappointing. Why the cliffhanger ending, then?

Also, from this source, all the actors except Chloe were already optioned for a second series: http://www.digitalspy.ca/british-tv/...e-seasons.html

The actress claimed to be the only member of the main cast not optioned for future editions of the Sky Atlantic drama, but said that she would be open to returning as transgender assassin Mia if asked.

On whether Hit and Miss will be back for more episodes, Sevigny told TV Guide: "They want to see how people react, and maybe what the creators can come up with story-wise.

"The other actors were all optioned for another season. I was the only one who wasn't, oddly. I guess they knew they wouldn't be able to get me if I had to sign on for several seasons."

She continued: "I'd want to see what they would do with the story [in season two], where the characters would go. I really enjoyed playing the character."