Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 14 season thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-12, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Big Brother 14 season thread

Was a big fan of Dan and was so happy to see him back this season. I remember him being a really smart player.
Old 07-18-12, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is completely insulting at this point that the show is still being broadcast in 4x3 SD. Cartoons are in HD for chrissakes!
Old 07-19-12, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

One hour was just not enough time to cover all of the nonsense that happened this week in the house. The vote flipped back and forth so many times I don't think anyone was sure who was going home.

Britney sabotaging her alliance with her paranoia was interesting. She and Janelle had been talking about coming back into the game all week. And then Britney decides it's a good idea to tell someone as crazy as Willie Hantz. Britney and Janelle lasted less than a week.

Things that were missed. Joe is playing really hard. He came up with some manipulative lies to try to get Frank out (when Willie was pushing hard for Frank to stay). Everything shook loose after the Tuesday night fight, but most live feeders still didn't know who was going home, b/c nobody knew what Ashley was going to do until earlier today. Both sides thought they had her, and as late as last night Dan thought Kara was staying.

Kara was just caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. I don't think anyone in the house even disliked her. Having Dan as her coach didn't help b/c he's viewed as such a threat. She seems like a sweet girl so I'm sorry to see her go.

That having been said, Frank is a decent guy too and his staying is probably better for house drama. Also, it certainly appears that he inherited some of his dad's MASTER/RULER OF THE WORLD genes.
Old 07-19-12, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

So much for casting the playmate.
Old 07-19-12, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B.A.
Yep, they should have stuck with the penthouse whores.
Old 07-19-12, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If Allison wants her back, she'll be back. I don't think she made any impression even as the hot girl, so I don't know why they'd come up with anything to bring her back.

Can anyone even give me some idea of what the sides are right now? I kind of liked Britney playing with Jani, but since Britney's melting down and they've gone separate ways, I have no real sense of who's with who as of now.

I'd like to see Dan find a way to stay. He's a good guy a good player. I'm surprised that the events of the week didn't allow for him to make sure Kara stayed.
Old 07-19-12, 11:02 PM

^^^ It wasn't Dan's fault that Ashley held the faith of Kara all week and wouldn't commit for whom she'd cast a vote to evict until late in the day today. Had Ashley voted to evict Frank instead of Kara it would have been a 4-4 tie and Willie would have sent Frank packing. Dan was literally one vote shy of pulling off an improbable-from-the-outset task of keeping his two-person alliance intact, but for the next couple of weeks he and his "team" (LOL!) can coast a little given that Willie and his crew are the immediate targets for the new HOH regime. It's a week-to-week game and Dan's only worry is that Britney wins the Coach's Challenge and saddles him with Willie.
Old 07-19-12, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dad1153
^^^ It wasn't Dan's fault that Ashley held the faith of Kara all week and wouldn't commit for whom she'd cast a vote to evict until late in the day today. Had Ashley voted to evict Frank instead of Kara it would have been a 4-4 tie and Willie would have sent Frank packing. Dan was literally one vote shy of pulling off an improbable-from-the-outset task of keeping his two-person alliance intact, but for the next couple of weeks he and his "team" (LOL!) can coast a little given that Willie and his crew are the immediate targets for the new HOH regime. It's a week-to-week game and Dan's only worry is that Britney wins the Coach's Challenge and saddles him with Willie.
Thanks, but how is the house split as of now? Is it basically those with Britney and those with Janie? And who has the numbers as of now?
Old 07-19-12, 11:26 PM

As of an hour ago (LOL!) it's a Dan-Boogie-Janelle coach's alliance of not trading their players if either one wins the coach's challenge, leaving Britney all alone... again!

I'd say Willie, Shane and JoJo are solid; Danielle is on the outside looking in since she did vote to evict Frank (but that didn't save Kara).

Ashley and Jenn are floating and uncommitted (though Jenn is tight with Willie's crew and Ashley is being actively courted by Willie's side); Ian's promise to not vote Frank out was for one week, so he's now a free non-threatening agent (and, like Ashley and Jenn, not an immediate target).

Wil, Joe and Frank are tight and, since Frank is HOH this week and has the power (and have been pretty nice and friendly to everybody), many of the others will come around to kissing their asses and make sure Willie or Shane are the targets.

I like that the new players are making their own sub-alliances that don't necessarily benefit their own team or their coach's chances for the $100K. Ironically Willie might be gone next week, but his biggest contribution to the show will live on (via repeating what Britney told her about the coaches maybe coming back to the new players) by lighting a fire under the asses of the noobs to work and operate as individuals looking out for themselves and not their teams. The game's been ten times more interesting since Willie blew up what was shaping up to be a slight variation (i.e. puppetmasters) of last year's oldies vs. newbies twist.

Last edited by dad1153; 07-19-12 at 11:31 PM.
Old 07-20-12, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't have a good feeling for the way this season is going. I'm really hoping it doesn't turn into another 'Nerd Herd' season with Carrot Top, Wil, and Joe doing each other's hair. Not too exciting. Now for a bit of a laugh and to stir it up a bit I think it would be good if Britney won the competition and traded Willie (who I like) to Boogie's team. That would really piss off old warty Boogie and he'd have to keep him to have another person playing for him. Then if/when the coaches come into the game it would be a free-for-all.
Old 07-20-12, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by saoirse
I don't have a good feeling for the way this season is going. I'm really hoping it doesn't turn into another 'Nerd Herd' season with Carrot Top, Wil, and Joe doing each other's hair. Not too exciting. Now for a bit of a laugh and to stir it up a bit I think it would be good if Britney won the competition and traded Willie (who I like) to Boogie's team. That would really piss off old warty Boogie and he'd have to keep him to have another person playing for him. Then if/when the coaches come into the game it would be a free-for-all.
Don't you mean Danny?

Old 07-20-12, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

There is a Playboy model (not Playmate, I think) on The Glass House plus another busty blonde girl that make The Glass House worth watching, and it's in HD (on ABC and their live feeds) which makes it all that much better. Kara barely registered with me from what I've seen. Did she ever even wear a bikini?
Old 07-22-12, 08:11 PM

Well, Willie has left the building. But did he take BB's ratings and drama with him for the rest of the season? Love that shot of Willie actually leaving the house and the camera panning right and revealing that the camera in the Diary Room is actually behind glass windows like those around the house and the backyard. I always assumed that the BB house guests actually talked to an actual camera inside the DR, but they're actually looking at either a glass or a reflection of themselves in the glass. Thank you for blowing up and being an a--hole Willie, I learned a little more about "BB" because of you.

If HG accounts are true (from the feeds and recaps) Willie did a lot more to get himself ejected from the game than what was shown on CBS: kicked doors, ran around throwing pork grinds at Janelle, tried to get into the DR but BB wouldn't let him, head-butted Joe multiple times (not just the one time we saw), etc. Maybe CBS and BB producers didn't want to get into trouble showing a bully taunting and terrorizing a house because of the events in Colorado over the weekend, and showed a PG version of the rampage Willie allegedy went through last Friday night? Or the HG's were lying and what we saw on the CBS edit is what happened? Given who Allison Grodner is I'd bet good money on the former. Love the 'slowly going psycho' music the show played underneath for Willie when he was pacing around and talking trash in the kitchen area before he stormed after Joe.

Last edited by dad1153; 07-22-12 at 08:35 PM.
Old 07-22-12, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts

I think that the whole Hanz family is like something out of a horror movie.

Russell, the charming pathological liar.
Brandon, the religious nut who thinks women who don't know he exists are tempting him to sin.
Willie, the violent sociopath.

I wonder if they have a hulking, retarded cousin with a penchant for meat hooks and wearing women's faces.
Old 07-22-12, 09:14 PM

The question now is how long until a CBS channel has a Hantz family reality show?
Old 07-22-12, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Keith6601
The question now is how long until a CBS channel has a Hantz family reality show?
Have you seen Flipped Off on A&E? That's kinda what it is. Russell and his brother (not Willie, another one) buy houses and then flip them. It's pretty entertaining. Russell is usually the hot head who blows up at his brother a lot or at the house itself. I think the brother on this one may be Brandon's father...they look a lot alike, but they had two of his kids on and neither was Brandon. They do have a blonde realtor on the show who is smoking hot. She should have been on BB this season instead of Willie.
Old 07-22-12, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Have you seen Flipped Off on A&E? That's kinda what it is. Russell and his brother (not Willie, another one) buy houses and then flip them. It's pretty entertaining. Russell is usually the hot head who blows up at his brother a lot or at the house itself. I think the brother on this one may be Brandon's father...they look a lot alike, but they had two of his kids on and neither was Brandon. They do have a blonde realtor on the show who is smoking hot. She should have been on BB this season instead of Willie.
Please tell me you're not joking and that this is a real show. And if so, why have I not been watching it?
Old 07-22-12, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

100% real. The first season already ended, I think. I don't know if it will be back after that. His brother on this show is Shawn Hantz and he does seem to be the father of Brandon. They even remodeled their parents' house in one episode but I don't remember seeing Willie on the show.

http://flippinhantzbrothers.com/
Old 07-22-12, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

If Dan really threw the coaches competition to appear weak, then that might truly be the stupidest thing he's ever done on BB. Everyone has seen his season; they know he's not weak.

Granted in a scenario were Willie hadn't flipped out and been ejected there was little chance of Danielle getting nominated and voted out, but we knowthat happened. Who knows what the noms will be/or what happens after veto? (I do know but that is a spoiler for this thread).

It was a boneheaded move for a smart guy given all the facts that were currently in evidence.
Old 07-23-12, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Yeah, Dan needs to keep Danielle safe. She's a big target because if she goes, Dan loses his chance at the $100,000 and everyone elses chances increase.

Even if Willie was the target this week, if he got immunity then there's a good chance the rest of the coaches would target Danielle.
Old 07-23-12, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Whose face was on the fake cash used during the competition?

Was anyone else annoyed with Boogie recycling his entire act from All-Stars? I thought it was funny the first time around with Will, but now it's a little sad.
Old 07-23-12, 07:43 AM

As crazy as Willie is, I think it was Britney's fault that her team disintegrated. She was the one who set him off by telling him about the extra keys for the coaches and telling him that everyone in the house was gunning for him. She was a bad player when she was first on and she is showing that she has not improved this season.
Old 07-23-12, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dino88
Whose face was on the fake cash used during the competition?

Was anyone else annoyed with Boogie recycling his entire act from All-Stars? I thought it was funny the first time around with Will, but now it's a little sad.
It was definitely pathetic but I'd bet my left testicle that it was the producer's idea for them to do that.

You just have to be SUPER charming, like Will was, to do anything like that with Boogie and have it not be cringe-worthy.
Old 07-23-12, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts

I liked Boogie bringing back the chilltown house calls, even if the producers had him do it, it makes me laugh every time. Sure it doesn't feel the same without Dr. Will, but Frank seems like the only other guy he could do this with.
Old 07-23-12, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by gr8vette
As crazy as Willie is, I think it was Britney's fault that her team disintegrated. She was the one who set him off by telling him about the extra keys for the coaches and telling him that everyone in the house was gunning for him. She was a bad player when she was first on and she is showing that she has not improved this season.
She should have kept her mouth shut about the keyholes next to the coaches' pics, but they have only been in the house for a little over a week. She probably didn't realize yet that he was the dumbest sonofabitch in the history of the show.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.