Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 14 season thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-12, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Brother 14 season thread

I'll always be a fan of Janelle, but she looks even more plastic than I remember her. On the bright side, she doesn't look a day older than on her last appearance. Boogie looks like he got hit by a truck and he wasn't a good looking guy to begin with.

Go Kara! Go Kara! Go Kara!

I'm impressed with Dan and Ian picking up on the Russell thing that quickly. I think I'd be too stressed to make that connection right away.

I tweeted back and forth with Dr. Michele during the 1st half of the show. She's one weird woman now, but I must admit getting some insight from an ex-player of this game is fun. No one will bash the show, they both fear AG and don't want to hurt their chances of getting asked back. But the behind the scenes info is fun. Hope she is "chatty" all season long.
Old 07-12-12, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Fuck fuck fuck -- I missed most of the first episode due to a power outage.

Does CBS still post the full episodes to their website?
Old 07-12-12, 11:11 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

No HD? Boo.
Old 07-13-12, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What CBS executive does Boogie have naked pictures of to be invited back a 3rd time.
Old 07-13-12, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Howie2000
What CBS executive does Boogie have naked pictures of to be invited back a 3rd time.
That's funny because I tweeted earlier in the night that he must have an incredible deal with the devil to have all that success in his business life AND continue to get invited on a show where he was lucky to have had one chance at.

I was so excited about this stupid show starting and giving me the mindless summer television that I need to help me relax a bit that it was 10 minutes into the show before I realized it wasn't in HD.

For those who haven't seen Michele since she was a geeky, brown haired, small breasted cute girl, she's changed a bit.

Old 07-13-12, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

She still looks busted.

I can't stand Mike Boogie, but I like the other three vets. Could be interesting watching them work in teams.

Seems like a promising group. No really annoying people right off the bat (other than Boogie). Also the chicks look hotter on the show versus their head shots.
Old 07-13-12, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Finisher
She still looks busted.

I can't stand Mike Boogie, but I like the other three vets. Could be interesting watching them work in teams.

Seems like a promising group. No really annoying people right off the bat (other than Boogie). Also the chicks look hotter on the show versus their head shots.
Still? I thought she was kind of cute the first time around. A regular[/B] looking, smart, geeky, cute girl. She almost won her season and would have won against either Jordan or Natalie in the F2.

Now she's freaky looking, but I still want her back for all-stars. I think she earned it during her season and I think it makes for good tv to see a completely different Michele come back. She was pretty popular with the fans the first time around and probably would have been the most popular had it not been for the Jeff and Jordan craze. This time around she might be seen as more of the slutty villain.

I also thought things started off promising. I'm not exactly sure how being a nurse might make you be perceived as threatening, but it's an interesting mix. I know it gets annoying to repeat the same things over and over again or to state the obvious, but it just makes no sense to me, that with only 4 slots to fill, 2 male and 2 female, that Grodner thought anyone would want to see Boogie again. Jessie might have been the only well known player that would have been a worse choice.

I'm not a big fan of Janelle anymore but I like her enough, although I definitely was riding on the J-train the first time on the show. I'm not like a lot of people who can remember all the seasons and the casts, but I'm pretty sure that, except for the results, that Kayar, Howie, Janelle season was one of the best casts, if not the very best.
Old 07-13-12, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know I have watched every season, but I can't remember Britney at all. In the clip they showed, I recognized her castmates but not her. I guess she did not make much of an impression.
Old 07-13-12, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
No HD? Boo.
Yeah, no kidding. While I understand the logistic difficulties of editing 24-7 in HD, they could at least frame for 16x9. Every in-studio montior from the one next to Julie to those in the house show a perfectly proportioned 16x9 image of the feeds. But at home we get a lousy pillarboxed square like it's still 2002 or something.

Oh well, at least The Glass House is in HD.
Old 07-13-12, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Finisher
She still looks busted.

Agreed w/ points one and two.

No really annoying people? Really? JoJo. Wil. Willie.
Old 07-13-12, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The only person that I found annoying was Ashley.
Old 07-13-12, 11:02 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Ashley is my current favorite, despite her ridiculous profession. I just like her attitude.
Old 07-13-12, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Groucho
Ashley is my current favorite, despite her ridiculous profession. I just like her attitude.
Yeah, she didn't bother me in the least.
Old 07-13-12, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by B.A.
No really annoying people? Really? JoJo. Wil. Willie.
Yeah, normally half the cast bothers me right off the bat, but even Wil didn't phase me. Not sure, feels different; probably the team aspect and the fact not much time was spent on anyone in particular.
Old 07-13-12, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I know I have watched every season, but I can't remember Britney at all. In the clip they showed, I recognized her castmates but not her. I guess she did not make much of an impression.
She was on during season twelve with Brendon/Rachel, Ragan, and the secret alliance known as "The Brigade." Best known for her extremely catty/bitchy confessionals. She was the last non-Brigade member standing, and when she didn't win the veto they came clean to her before evicting her.
Old 07-13-12, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
She was on during season twelve with Brendon/Rachel, Ragan, and the secret alliance known as "The Brigade." Best known for her extremely funny/entertaining confessionals. She was the last non-Brigade member standing, and when she didn't win the veto they came clean to her before evicting her.
Fixed.
Old 07-13-12, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Fixed.
Yup.
Old 07-15-12, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Why is Joe yelling at us?

Clever move by Britney and Janelle. Unfortunately, both have a history of being particulary "unclever" at times.

I think Dan was wrong to throw the competition, but if his gal goes home this week he won't have the same problem about who to give it to next week.

The entire episode took place before the live feeds started so there is no context to give yet.
Old 07-16-12, 05:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Why is Joe yelling at us?

Seems like he wants to be one of the 'characters' this season that gets a lot of face time on tv... Annoying as hell.
Old 07-16-12, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I still don't know how Dan won his season.

He makes everything so obvious and looks like a nervous twit half the time.
Old 07-16-12, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't really get the appeal of Dan. For a fan-favorite, he's really bland and forgettable. I watched his season and don't remember him at all.
Old 07-17-12, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I don't really get the appeal of Dan. For a fan-favorite, he's really bland and forgettable. I watched his season and don't remember him at all.
Same here. I remembered Boogie (though I wish Will were returning), Janelle and even Britney after they showed a few past clips. But I didn't remember Dan at all. LOL!
Old 07-17-12, 11:20 PM

I thought Dan was a great player. He was targeted right away because of an alliance and managed to make it to the end and win by a 9-0 vote. He had a way of making things that happened to him make others feel bad or sorry for him, he manipulated everyone.

Him in they diary room talking all sad about how Jerry called him a Judas and then bouncing up happy talking about how things couldn't be better was classic.
Old 07-17-12, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Dan was great..."veto roulette".

Can we get this thread to 4 pages so that I don't have to scroll past that picture of Michele every time there is a new post?
Old 07-18-12, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

In my mind, Dan was one of the 2 or 3 best BB players of all time. He is certainly the best in the post original all-stars era (though Hayden was also very good). Dan made a bad alliance, survived the purge of everyone else in that alliance. Remade an alliance then had to stick himself in the middle of two warring factions b/c he was AP for a week and didn't know who he was voting out.

Half the house hated him after that, but he started winning competitions then. He won pretty much every competition that he tried to win. He also managed to not win the competitions that he shouldn't (Memphis, not Dan, had to make the decision to evict Keesha...and if anyone remembers Dan had that competition won, but he waited so Memphis could beat him so he would have to do it).

Dan did win unanimously, and he deserved to. He had a fantastic Q&A with the jury where he didn't piss all over them but found a way to credit them without seeming insincere. And he even got Jerry's vote b/c as Jerry said...Dan was nice. Dan went out of his to say good morning to Jerry and treat him with kindness. As Dan has said on this year's live feeds (not a game spoiler), he keeps in regular contact with Jerry. And if anyone remembers the blowups that Jerry had on Dan (JUDAS!) that would be surprising.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.