DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Tron Uprising on Disney XD (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/602311-tron-uprising-disney-xd.html)

Ranger 06-08-12 10:53 PM

Tron Uprising on Disney XD

Don't think anyone else has made a thread.

Comes on Thursdays at 9pm ET. First two episodes have already aired. I think episodes are online too.
http://disney.go.com/xd/tron/videos/

I like it, very nice look, quite similar to the movie look. Interesting characters.

Thrush 06-08-12 11:37 PM

Re: Tron Uprising on Disney XD

Wasn't expecting much, but the first 2 episodes weren't bad.

dfmaverick2 06-09-12 10:12 AM

Since there seemed to be much less story and more action, I enjoyed the prequel episode more than the second, but that's not to say the second was bad.

I like the look...very much in line with the Legacy movie. Will continue to watch this.

Dragon Tattoo 06-09-12 12:34 PM

Been looking forward to this since it was announced.

DWilson 06-09-12 02:46 PM

I love the look of the animation, -its so different and dynamic, -and that's what is keeping me in on this one. The story is basic "Spartacus", but competent enough. I can also appreciate that its not as aggressively loud and hyperkinetic as some of the other Disney shows.

My one problem with the story is the same problem I had with "Legacy". The original "Tron" realized that at its heart it was a fantasy, -what if computer programs were like living, breathing people (and idea we've seen in commercials from the beginning of Television to Today,i.e. Dean Winter as "Mayhem" in the insurance ads, -and had a little fun with it. It seemed a bit corny when I saw it in the theaters in 1983, but its really grown on me over the years.

"Legacy", however, was no fun at all, and was as dark and brooding as most Comics are these days. This is even more watered down in the show. Its supposed to be the world of Computer Technology if it came to life, but they don't didn't really give it much thought or approach it with any cleverness. They talk about being "programs" but they might as well be Aliens, or Atlanteans.

Mabuse 06-11-12 04:16 PM

Can someone explain the continuity of this to me? I watched the premiere episode, but it seemed like I missed something, like the premiere was not the first episode and they've started airing mid-season episodes first. WTF is going on?

Kevin M. Dean 06-11-12 05:06 PM

They aired the first episode "Beck's Beginning" a few weeks ago as a preview. The premiere was the 2nd episode.

RocShemp 06-11-12 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mabuse (Post 11268047)
Can someone explain the continuity of this to me? I watched the premiere episode, but it seemed like I missed something, like the premiere was not the first episode and they've started airing mid-season episodes first. WTF is going on?

The show, as far as I understand, takes place between Tron and Tron Legacy. Since Beck wasn't in the latter film, I assume he bites it at the end of the series. Unless he goes missing and turns up in Tron 3. If that happens, this'll be the first time a prequel has been used to good effect (by pushing forward the story with new important information rather than being content with simply showing us what we already know).

Ranger 07-19-12 09:45 AM

So is there a new Tron tonight?

I think Scars (episode 8, mid season break?) was supposed to be on tonight, but I don't see it listed on my tv guide.

Thrush 07-19-12 01:40 PM

Apparently not, I have it on season pass but there is nothing in the scheduled for today.

mikehunt 07-19-12 11:50 PM

just watched the first 3 episodes and will get caught up in the next few days
the obvious question: if Tron is still Tron at this point and not Rinzler, why hasn't he gone to Flynn?

Evan Meadow 07-21-12 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by mikehunt (Post 11314489)
just watched the first 3 episodes and will get caught up in the next few days
the obvious question: if Tron is still Tron at this point and not Rinzler, why hasn't he gone to Flynn?

Flynn's in hiding. No one knows where he is.

Matt_ 08-12-12 04:08 PM

Last week while Disney XD was re-airing the Tron Uprising episodes, in the commercial break they said that the show will return in October with a two-part episode called Scar.

Spoiler:
http://collider.com/comic-con-tron-uprising/180695/

We were then treated to a sneak peak at a two-part episodes named “Scar” that will air in a few weeks. Charlie Bean teased that this was the first time we really see a connection to Legacy and how Tron turned into Rinzler.

We are shown an orange and black cloaked figure that isn’t recognizable. Is it Rinzler? No, too soon. He is on a mission directly from Clu. We see a huge ship head towards Tron’s island base. A warning screen pops up and we see a name: DYSON. Who is that? A flashback shows that Dyson is the one that betrayed Tron. The one that actually gave him his scar and weakened him. We are shown some battles and see Tron truly angry. He is going after Dyson with all he can, and we see the scar start to expand across Tron’s face. His voice and demeanor has become scary, and we see Beck try and stop Tron from going after Dyson so much. Tron defeats Beck easily, and we see him really transform. The footage looks fantastic and even better than one could hope. Looks like it is going really dark and upping the scale.

DWilson 10-15-12 04:53 PM

According to Disney XD's site, new episodes are showing Fridays at 6:30pm Central. I'm not sure if this week's episode is the first new one they've shown lately. The episode titled "Scar" is scheduled for next week.

DVD Josh 10-15-12 05:57 PM

I've been enjoying the episodes. I wish they were a little more mature but it's definitely better than Dora.

Ranger 10-19-12 01:53 PM

Returns today!

Two episodes this month.

Now at 7:30 PM ET Fridays.

actionjackson29 11-05-12 02:13 AM

Anybody still watching? Really liked the Scar 2-parter and seeing what happened to Tron. It was cool seeing Flynn and Clu also. I guessing we'll be seeing more of them soon. I hope this show can last for at least a couple of seasons. It seems almost impossible anymore for animated shows to last these days. I also hope this comes out on blu-ray. Animated shows look amazing in HD but I guess because the non-anime companies that put them out think only kids watch them don't bother doing more than dvd.

Orbi-Wan Techno 11-05-12 05:12 AM

Yes, watching and enjoying. Was that Jeff Bridges doing to voice? I missed his name in the credits.

SiberianLlama 11-05-12 09:49 AM

I'm still watching as well. I've been pleasantly surprised with this show. While it's not quite up to the Legend of Korra, it's miles above the new Thundercats cartoon.

actionjackson29 01-22-13 01:49 PM

This show looks like its on the way to being cancelled. It been coming on at midnight Monday morning and some how (probably directv's fault) I missed like four episodes. Anyway I think the finale's next week.

Evan Meadow 01-23-13 04:55 AM

First of all it has been cancelled, but I want to know when it came back and when did Disney XD think airing it at 1 in the morning on Sundays was actually a way to get ratings?

Typical move likened to Cartoon Network. Pull the show off the air for no reason for months, bring it back with no promotion to let fans know when its on and then list it at a day/time they know no one would be watching much less DVR it.

Then go "We had such high hopes, but the ratings were not what we expected".

arminius 01-23-13 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow (Post 11550743)
First of all it has been cancelled, but I want to know when it came back and when did Disney XD think airing it at 1 in the morning on Sundays was actually a way to get ratings?

Typical move likened to Cartoon Network. Pull the show off the air for no reason for months, bring it back with no promotion to let fans know when its on and then list it at a day/time they know no one would be watching much less DVR it.

Then go "We had such high hopes, but the ratings were not what we expected".

Agreed, I caught this by accident then started saving the episodes. Then it was gone. I never even knew it came back. Someone did not want this show to work.

dfmaverick2 01-23-13 08:52 AM

Fortunately, Comcast has had the latest episodes OnDemand. My DVR started catching episodes after its return 6-8 weeks ago at the late Sunday timeslot. I had already been watching it OnDemand since the episodes were showing up there well before the new timeslot when it seemed the show went on hiatus. I've enjoyed the series. Too bad it didn't take off.

Canis Firebrand 01-23-13 01:26 PM

Been watching this each episode that aired. I really enjoy it, but it is a shame that its on a such a weird time, geared to mainly an audience that won't be up at that hour. At least my DVR records it for me.

Hoping for more seasons, but wouldn't be surprised if it got cancelled.

SiberianLlama 01-23-13 04:12 PM

This is a pretty quality show. I wouldn't put it quite as high as the Legend of Korra, but it's definitely better than a lot of other animated shows on TV. I love the visuals and character designs and they've done some interesting things.

I would hate to see this show cancelled.