Reload this Page >

Scream: The TV Series (MTV) -- Series Thread -- premieres 6/30/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Scream: The TV Series (MTV) -- Series Thread -- premieres 6/30/15

Old 07-29-15, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts
Re: Scream: The TV Series (MTV) -- Series Thread -- premieres 6/30/15

I don't feel any pressing need to continue watching Scream. I wondered how they would stretch out a concept like Scream over a full season and realize now it's basically impossible. Knowing MTV, this will end up on the air for five seasons and have an entirely different cast by the end.
Old 07-30-15, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Other than the ridiculous blackmail subplot, I've kinda grown to like this over the course of the past few episodes. My money is on two killers - one being the 'new guy' (the dude with the crustache) and I can't figure out the other one yet.
Old 08-31-15, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I spent today getting caught up before tomorrow night's finale. I think the new guy is involved, but working under orders from someone else. I still think there will be some kind of twist involving the podcaster Piper and her past.
Old 09-01-15, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

Stuck with it till the end. Now, I wish I hadn't. Didn't think there was anything clever about tonight's finale.
Old 09-02-15, 12:12 AM

I thought the finale was ok. I wonder how they will drag out the
Spoiler:
other person's involvement.
Old 09-02-15, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Did a 4 episode marathon including the finale. That was actually cool of MTV to throw in a little Wes Craven tribute graphic at the beginning.

Well, that was an interesting reveal who the killer was. Kind of reminded me of Scream 4 and the whacked motive of that killer.

This actually could have worked as a self contained season had they not thrown in that epilogue and teased a 2nd killer at the end.

I'm honestly surprised that slutty Brooke actually made it out alive. She annoyed the shit out of me in the beginning of the season, but I actually grew to tolerate her. She had some funny and sarcastic lines that amused me.

Wow, I can't believe I actually made it through a season of another MTV show, the other being Finding Carter.
Old 09-02-15, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

This was sort of a fun show with a subpar ending. It would probably work better as an anthology show. Not sure if I'm interested in continuing the story with these characters. If next season is from Audrey's perspective, that could be interesting. It could be the horror equivalent of Dexter.
Old 09-02-15, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

I just thought it was obvious Piper was one of the killers for awhile. The only surprise was who the second killer was, and how that would work out. Their solution was meh.
Old 09-02-15, 09:56 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Lame. Just lame.
Old 09-05-15, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did I miss something about the reasoning behind why Audrey's girlfriend was killed?
Old 09-05-15, 12:12 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

watched this with the wife and we were both quite disappointed. we won't be back.
Old 09-07-15, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 81 Posts

This turned out to be a guilty pleasure for me. As a fan of the movies I was prepared to hate it and MTV didn't do itself any favors with the constant song mentions but once I got into the show I was entertained.

They did a good job giving it a contemporary spin through social media & the characters grew on me. They captured archetypes like the bully Will or rich bitch Brooke but made them sympathetic through the course of the show in a way most current horror does not.

The ultimate unmasking was not a surprise but there's more that will be explored next season so it offered up enough that it didn't disappoint too much.

A bit of teen melodrama mixed in with some good kills, enough of a guessing game and a self-awareness that could be funny without being annoying. I thought it was fun. Much better than expected.
Old 09-09-15, 03:17 AM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

I just marathoned the show over a couple days. I really liked it. But I'm pretty forgiving of teen slasher flicks.

Spoiler:
I thought it did a good job with the mystery. Throughout the show, it seemed like almost any of them could be the killer. I knew it had to be at least 2 killers. Figured one of them was probably Piper, but I wasn't sure until she unmasked. And I'm not sure Audrey being her partner makes any sense.

My biggest gripe is that more characters weren't killed. It started off well with 3 kills in the first few episodes. Then there was just one more in the middle, and two at the end. I was hoping they were saving everyone for a slaughterfest in the last episode. But everyone makes it out alive. That was disappointing.

But overall it was fun. I'll definitely check it out next season.
Old 03-10-16, 10:48 AM

MTV has set the premiere date for Scream’s return, along with announcing the new cast joining in season 2.

The second season picks up with Emma’s (Willa Fitzgerald) return to Lakewood after spending several months trying to recover at a retreat — though most wonder whether she truly has moved on. Meanwhile, Audrey (Bex Taylor-Klaus) hides her connection to the Killer, but is getting harassed by someone who knows the truth. Brooke (Carlson Young) and Jake (Tom Maden) are also keeping their budding romance a secret from Mayor Maddox, while Noah (John Karna) grows closer to the truth about the season 1 murders. (Tracy Middendorf and Amadeus Serafini are also slated to return.)

Lakewood’s murderous past, both recent and distant, is brought into focus, with this Killer’s psychotic mind game intent on bringing the town’s heroes down in a storm of betrayal and bloodshed.

Among the new cast: Kiana Lede as Zoe, a driven overachiever who harbors a secret; Santiago Segura as Gustavo Acosta, a dark and brooding outsider and skilled artist who’s deeply into horror, serial killers and comic books; Anthony Ruivivar as Sheriff Michael Acosta, an outspoken and experienced cop who returns to his hometown of Lakewood along with his son Gustavo; Austin Highsmith as Karen Lang, an idealistic psychology teacher who becomes a confidant and mentor to her students; Sean Grandillo as Eli, Kieran’s (Serafini) cousin, who presents as squeaky clean, but may have ulterior motives; and Karina Logue as Tina Hudson, who’s proper and polite, but with a grifter’s sense of self-reliance.

As previously announced, Michael Gans and Richard Register will now serve as executive producers and showrunners, replacing season 1 showrunners Jill Blotevogal and Jaime Paglia.

Scream will return for season 2 on Tuesday, May 31 at 10 p.m. ET on MTV.
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/10...-premiere-date
Old 03-10-16, 07:33 PM

I'll probably tune in since it's a summer season.
Old 03-10-16, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts

Damn... I don't remember who any of the returning characters are except for Audrey the lesbian.
Old 05-30-16, 08:29 AM

Season 2 premieres tonight, 5/30/16.
Old 05-30-16, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Moved up a day?
Old 05-30-16, 03:48 PM

Seems so.
Old 05-31-16, 08:44 AM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

If anyone missed the first episode, it's available on the MTV app (Roku, AppleTV, etc). They also have the Scream After Dark post-show show.
Old 05-31-16, 04:43 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Decent start. I like the way they addressed how the survivors' lives had been affected by the events of the first season in this post-viral world... seems a bit more realistic than other teen shows where all this crazy stuff happens and everyone's forgotten it a few episodes later.

I also watched part of the Scream After Dark show and I have to give them credit for trying something different with a 'post-show show'. It was kind of weird and random and stood out from the usual roundtable discussion, Talking Dead approach.
Old 06-29-16, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk God

I was away on vacation for almost 1 month and finally got to the premiere episode last night.

Decent follow up to the events of last season. Not sure who this new killer is. I'm guessing it's a copycat. Glad they brought back most of the cast from last season. I do like Willa Fitzgerald as the lead. Was the actor who played Brooke's boyfriend, who got killed off in the premiere, someone from season 1? It's been so long that I barely remember.

Surprised the show is almost 5 weeks in and there's been zero commentary since the premiere. Either most here just don't have anything to say or most have been pre-occupied with Game of Thrones.
Old 06-29-16, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts

Watched the first episode, and was pretty -meh- about it.

I'll save them to my DVR and binge when the season is over. It's a pain in the ass to keep track of all of these cookie-cutter characters.

Did they move it from Monday to Tuesday, without a repeat later in the night? Looks like MTV is trying to kill it.
Old 06-29-16, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Watched the first episode, and was pretty -meh- about it.

I'll save them to my DVR and binge when the season is over. It's a pain in the ass to keep track of all of these cookie-cutter characters.

Did they move it from Monday to Tuesday, without a repeat later in the night? Looks like MTV is trying to kill it.
http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/sc...ving-tuesdays/

It was moved to Tuesdays at 10pm because the ratings on Mondays at 11pm were God awful.

What MTV executive thought scheduling a scripted drama at 11pm was a good idea? Most of the country and probably the audience this show wants to attract probably goes to bed by then.
Old 06-30-16, 10:07 AM

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

I think it's the teacher and she'll be revealed to be Piper's sister or something.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.