TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Scream: The TV Series (MTV) -- Series Thread -- premieres 6/30/15

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-17, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Scream: The TV Series (MTV) -- Series Thread -- premieres 6/30/15

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
I'm all for a reboot, but I feel like they should wrap up loose ends with another season first. It felt to me like things have been building to Brandon James returning.
Agreed......but I will miss Audrey and Noah.
Old 04-26-17, 10:37 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

As Deadline has previously reported, there has been buzz about upcoming changes for the third season of MTV’s Scream, and the network has now confirmed new details.

The third season is getting a complete new cast and creative reboot, with new showrunner/exec producer Brett Matthews (Vampire Diaries, Supernatural). Also signing as executive producers are Queen Latifah, Shakim Compere and Yaneley Arty for Flavor Unit Entertainment.

Harvey and Bob Weinstein will continue to serve as executive producers under the Dimension TV umbrella, along with exec producers Wes Craven, Tony DiSanto, Liz Gateley, Marianne Maddalena and Cathy Konrad. Matthew Signer and Keith Levine are producers.

Scream was renewed for a third season in October with a 6-episode order, down from the 10- and 13-episode first and second seasons. This is the second showrunner change on the series. Jill Blotevogal and Jaime Paglia served as showrunners on Season 1, with Blotevogel rewriting the original pilot script by Jay Beattie and Dan Dworkin. Michael Gans and Richard Register were brought in as showrunners at the beginning of the second season, which saw a ratings decline. Season 2 drew an average of 377,000 viewers in Live+same day, half of the audience for Season 1.
http://deadline.com/2017/04/scream-q...mp-1202077736/
Old 07-17-17, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Tyga and C.J. Wallace Join Season Three Cast of MTV's "Scream" - Premiere set for March 2018

Please find below some exciting casting and premiere news for MTV's "Scream."

Tyga and C.J. Wallace have joined the cast as series regulars with the new season slated to premiere in March 2018 as a three-night event on MTV.

The season, which will be moving production from New Orleans to Atlanta, features an entirely new cast, series location and premise that revolves around Deion Elliot, a local star running back whose tragic past comes back to haunt him at the worst time, threatening his hard-earned plans for his future - and the lives of his unlikely group of friends.

Tyga is set to play the role of Jamal, Deion's older step-brother. Though they share blood, their worldviews couldn't be more different. Jamal is a hustler by nature, willing to work any angle to make ends meet for those he considers family. But when Jamal's ambitions don't line up with Deion's, it forces them to decide exactly how they fit into each other's lives.

C.J. Wallace will take on the role of Amir, a good kid whose strict parents expect him to keep clean during high school, stay away from girls and ultimately find his place within the family business. But when events make him the unexpected target of a killer, Amir finds himself in over his head and his world view challenged.

Read more at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...Xt9EWph33JV.99

Looks like they're burning off the 6 episodes over 3 nights.
Old 07-17-17, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

What was the point of making season three if they were going to abandon the Brandon James storyline? They could have used these six episodes to wrap up the first two seasons.
Old 07-17-17, 04:16 PM

Did the Halloween movie wrap it up? I didn't watch it.
Old 07-17-17, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Did the Halloween movie wrap it up? I didn't watch it.
Yeah, sort of, from what I recall. I thnk Brandon James is still out there, though. They've hinted at that quite a bit, bit never pulled the trigger on that plot point.
Old 07-17-17, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why are they only doing 6 episodes? I get if they were using the old cast, it could be used as a wrap up but with a whole new cast, make it an actual season.
Old 06-24-19, 07:01 PM

Season 3 will finally air... on VH1.

In the works for three and a half years, the retooled third season of Scream is finally going to air — on VH1 instead of its original home on MTV.

The six-episode season of Scream: Resurrection will debut Monday, July 8 and run for two hours per night starting at 9 p.m. and run through Wednesday, July 10. The cable network, which like MTV, is overseen by Chris McCarthy, has not aired a scripted series in a few years. Scream was the last remaining scripted series earmarked for MTV after Teen Wolf wrapped its run a couple years ago, though the network previously had announced some development in the space.

ADVERTISING

The third season of Scream was announced Oct. 14, 2016, with Brett Matthews (The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural) taking over as the drama's third showrunner in as many seasons. The rebooted series also added Queen Latifah, Shakim Compere and Yaneley Arty as exec producers on the series, which features an all-new cast, premise and location. Also new in season three is the actual Ghostface mask, which MTV's Scream had previously been unable to use. Roger Jackson, who voiced the killer in the Scream feature film franchise, will reprise that role for the VH1 take. This marks the first time the original Ghostface mask will be used on television.

Season three centers on Deion Elliot (RJ Cyler), a local star football running back, whose tragic past comes back to haunt him and threaten his hard-earned plans for the future ... and the lives of his unlikely group of friends. The cast includes Mary J. Blige, Keke Palmer, Tyler Posey, Tyga, Giorgia Whigham, Jessica Sula, RJ Cyler, C.J. Wallace and Giullian Yao Gioiello. The first-look trailer for season three — watch that, below — also reveals that Paris Jackson will guest star. Wes Craven, Tony DiSanto, Liz Gateley, Marianne Maddalena, Cathy Konrad also exec produce. Matthew Signer and Keith Levine produce the series, with VH1's Maggie Malina and Dana Gotlieb-Carter overseeing.
Old 06-24-19, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 587 Posts

Retooled with a mostly African American cast.

VH1 the sister station of BET with Love and Hip Hop, Basketball Wives, Black Ink Crew, and T.I. and Tiny.
Old 06-24-19, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca

VH1 the sister station of BET with Love and Hip Hop, Basketball Wives, Black Ink Crew, and T.I. and Tiny.
So?

And that was all done 3 years ago when the intent was to air it on MTV.
Old 06-24-19, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca

Old 06-24-19, 09:00 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

so they'll all die in the first act?
Old 06-24-19, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

So they really are burning it off airing 2 hours per night over 3 nights like what MTV had planned. I think this season was shot almost a year ago if not longer. It can't be good if it's being dumped to VH1 and was left locked up for over a year.
Old 06-24-19, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
So they really are burning it off airing 2 hours per night over 3 nights like what MTV had planned. I think this season was shot almost a year ago if not longer. It can't be good if it's being dumped to VH1 and was left locked up for over a year.
I think the biggest reason it was held was due to the sale of The Weinstein Company and a lawsuit between TWC and Netflix.
Old 07-03-19, 08:38 PM

Old 07-10-19, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anybody watching this? It's not terrible, but nowhere near the quality of the first (and to a lesser degree, second) movie. Seeing Keke Palmer in another horror show just makes me miss Scream Queens though.
Old 07-11-19, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well the final episode was the most Scream-like of them all. Not bad.