Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Game of Thrones (HBO) Season 3: Casting, News, Interviews

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-13, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (HBO) Season 3: Casting, News, Interviews

Originally Posted by pinata242
Gods, I hate how these threads which should only be about pre-season N news always turns into spoilery discussions about seasons/books in the distant future. But, since it's already happening...
Agreed. It's disappointing to open up a thread that's about casting, news, and interviews for Season 3, expecting to see news about season 3, and see almost nothing but page after page of spoilers about things that aren't actually a part of the topic at hand.

There are other threads for those discussions...
Old 03-02-13, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by bjh_18
Agreed. It's disappointing to open up a thread that's about casting, news, and interviews for Season 3, expecting to see news about season 3, and see almost nothing but page after page of spoilers about things that aren't actually a part of the topic at hand.

There are other threads for those discussions...
Yeah, but we're not talking about the books, we're talking about how certain plot lines will be adapted for the show. There's just not much to talk about when there isn't any casting news or new trailers. I've discussed some spoilers, yeah, but I've also provided some cool new posters for you guys to look at.
Old 03-02-13, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

extended trailer with a couple new clips:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C1pbtBX9Kok" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-03-13, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by marginal
Spoiler:
That's already apparent... Tyrion has plenty of flaws. But I personally felt that vengefully killing two people--especially when he could have just left--pushed him too far from sympathetic.

The great thing about his character is that everyone thinks he's a monster, but he's not, and he has to deal with that every moment of his life. But this was him actually being a monster. Every story needs to have characters you can root for, and for the first time in the series, I wasn't rooting for him.
Spoiler:
I sure was and didn't think it made him a monster at all. His father deserved it, and after Shae had spent so much time earning his trust she did as well after betraying him like that. It might have been a bit excessive, to some, but I was glad to finally see him do something about all the shit that has been shoveled on him his whole life. Also, I think this was Jamie attempting to redeem himself.
Old 03-03-13, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Spoiler:
I sure was and didn't think it made him a monster at all. His father deserved it, and after Shae had spent so much time earning his trust she did as well after betraying him like that. It might have been a bit excessive, to some, but I was glad to finally see him do something about all the shit that has been shoveled on him his whole life. Also, I think this was Jamie attempting to redeem himself.
Again, I think a lot of it has to do with how characters are portrayed in the show versus how they were portrayed in the book. If I hadn't seen the first two seasons before reading, then I might feel differently.
Old 03-03-13, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by marginal
Again, I think a lot of it has to do with how characters are portrayed in the show versus how they were portrayed in the book. If I hadn't seen the first two seasons before reading, then I might feel differently.
Maybe it's because I've read everything first that I have these preconceived notions about the characters. I have never seen Tywin as anything but an asshole with contempt for his son during the TV show, but that's because nothing I see is at face value when I watch.
Old 03-04-13, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Charles Dance confirms basically what we already knew:

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/game-of-...rones-season-4

“We’re about to start season four aren’t we? This year. We get scripts pretty early on, much earlier on than in similar series, usually you get perhaps one episode and you just have to trust that what’s going to come in subsequent episodes is going to be as good as the one you’ve got, but in this I think there are six scripts already written, and we will probably be able to see them with more than adequate time to prepare before we start shooting.”
Old 03-04-13, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Just rewatched Season one this weekend. The episodes hold up extremely well. They have better material for Season 3 and 4 from Books 4,5,6 and a bigger budget. Can't wait.
Old 03-05-13, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think this echoes the sentiments of many fans. Will re-post in the book forum as well.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j7lp3RhzfgI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-07-13, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Awesome Sports Illustrated - Game of Thrones related Power Issue:

Old 03-07-13, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts

The Land of Always Hockey
Old 03-07-13, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I just saw Emilia Clarke, butt naked 20 feet in front of me, in person.

Spoiler:
she is in the Broadway play Breakfast At Tiffany's. I sat right near the front, and she does go completely naked briefly, and lies in a bathtub on stage with a guy who is also completely naked, balls and all. She sits in the bathtub behind him and puts her body around him in the scene

Lots of gasps from the audience who did not expect it.
Old 03-08-13, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw a bus stop advertisement for the new season this morning, we're getting close!
Old 03-08-13, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Season 2 recap:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KpZnb0q24mk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-10-13, 05:26 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Old 03-11-13, 12:22 PM
Suspended

I'm going to start re-watching the first two seasons tonight...are there some complimentary episode guides that I can check out after each episode? I guess I'm not really looking for the typical "this is what happened" guide, but just something that helps fill in some details as to why this person hates this person, histories, little things that will help a non-book reader understand exactly what's happening.
Old 03-11-13, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The Blu-Ray sets have about an hour of histories and lores narrated by characters and told from their view (or the view of their House/Ancestors). They can really help fill in those gaps. I believe you can branch directly from the episodes to them as well.
Old 03-11-13, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts

There are in-episode guides too. Not sure how helpful though.
Old 03-12-13, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I just went through season 1 on blu. This was at least my 3rd time watching the episodes and they were as great this time as the first. I got burnt out on special features years ago but I finally decided to watch all of these and they're amazing. The narrations of all the back stories are really cool and the ones with Addy and Dance are my favorite.
Old 03-12-13, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by aktick
I'm going to start re-watching the first two seasons tonight...are there some complimentary episode guides that I can check out after each episode? I guess I'm not really looking for the typical "this is what happened" guide, but just something that helps fill in some details as to why this person hates this person, histories, little things that will help a non-book reader understand exactly what's happening.
Alan Sepinwall is a non-reader recapper.

He writes for hitfix.
Old 03-12-13, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went to the GoT exhibit currently in Toronto over the weekend. Amazing stuff, like going to a "real" exhibit in a museum. The level of quality and attention to detail in the props and costumes is phenomenal. They had pretty much all the major costumes/props there.

Random observations:
- Lena Headey must be a size zero to fit into her costume. The waist is tiny!
- Emilia Clarke must be super short as Dany's costumes look like they're for a child.
- on the opposite end, Nicholaj Coster-Waldau sure is tall. His Goldcloak armour is very imposing, as is Charles Dance's Lannister armour.
- House Stark's clothes are very...stark. Not so stylish up in the North hehe.
- the sword Ice is absolutely massive, though Longclaw isn't as big as I thought it would be.
- they had the models for Season 2 and 3 for Drogon. He sure has grown up!
- they had the full letter that Theon wrote to Robb of the impending Greyjoy attack. It was rather heartbreaking to read. They also had Ned's long letter to Stannis. The calligraphy was very hard to read on this one though.
- the Iron Throne would be perfect in my living room. 7 feet tall with spikes everywhere.

The exhibit will be touring in NYC, Sao Paulo, Amsterdam, and Belfast as well.
Old 03-13-13, 09:33 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

For the nostalgic folks out there, here's the opening credits from the show's first season in 1995:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2fPgIIB67bw?showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-13-13, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Defiant1
Random observations:

- Emilia Clarke must be super short as Dany's costumes look like they're for a child.
She is quite short (not sure about super short). Just saw her Broadway play in NYC last week, and she looked short on stage, even with heels.
Old 03-14-13, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,884 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
For the nostalgic folks out there, here's the opening credits from the show's first season in 1995:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2fPgIIB67bw?showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The best part was the bad tracking.
Old 03-16-13, 04:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Patton Oswalt
http://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/stat...872064/photo/1
http://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/stat...431744/photo/1
http://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/stat...259072/photo/1
Anna Kendrick
http://Instagr.am/p/W3TQFpKdbt
Michael K Williams
http://Instagr.am/p/W0oZGaLz2d/
Mindy Kaling
http://Instagr.am/p/W4f_dcJQ-q/
Scott Ian
http://twitter.com/Scott_Ian/status/...315520/photo/1

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.