Girls -- "Hard Being Easy" -- 5/13/12

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-12, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Re: Girls -- "Hard Being Easy" -- 5/13/12

Originally Posted by Decker
I loved the flashback. Sweet, funny and unexpected. "Scissor Sisters!"

I think if Charlie got to list a litany of demands of Marnie, one should have been "You have to take your top off when we have sex, at least once."
Flashback was great.

Agree about your 2nd point. Plus, it was such an unsexy scene, especially with that really drab grey-ish bra that Marnie was wearing.

The last scene with Hannah and Adam was hilarious and awkward, especially with him jerking off.

Overall, it was a fun episode with a few chuckles.
Old 05-18-12, 02:47 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Girls -- "Hard Being Easy" -- 5/13/12

Just got to this off the DVR.

I pretty much hated everyone in this episode. Does that make it a bad episode? Oh no, not at all. Who says the characters have to be immensely likeable at all times?

But practically everyone came off as pathetic, annoying whiners.
Again, not a bad thing as it still provides entertainment on a different level from what some might expect from a sit-com, which I do not feel this show is supposed to be. Sort of like Louis CK's show "Louie". There will be some funny moments but characters can also be total annoying dicks, and you hardly laugh at all during the show, but that's OK.

Speaking of dicks...Hannah's boyfriend Adam (or whatever he is supposed to be) is an absolutely disgusting person. Not just due to the jerk off scene, but always. He seems dirty. And not only in an STD way, but like he would smell bad. He makes my skin crawl and I can not imagine even a plain looking girl like Hannah finding him moderately attractive.

Previous episode was much better then this one, but the show continues to be interesting and watchable.

Have not got to Veep yet and not sure I will. I'm still on the fence about this show, but I am still really liking "Amy".