Old 05-14-12, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
Hawaii Five-O -- Season Finale -- "Death in the Family" -- 5/14/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-01-16

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Five-0 is in hot pursuit of a shooter who guns down one of their own, while another team member is forced to choose which of their kidnapped loved ones will live, on the second season finale of HAWAII FIVE-0, Monday, May 14 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

Terry O'Quinn returns as Joe White

Episode 23 of 23

Promo:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-ZACi7K1kmw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-14-12, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts
Re: Hawaii Five-O -- Season Finale -- "Death in the Family" -- 5/14/12

Looks like
Spoiler:
Hiro dies in this one
Old 05-15-12, 03:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by alfredog1976
Looks like
Spoiler:
Hiro dies in this one
Incorrect! But he did get to say "I'm not a Hiro" which I found hilarious.
Old 05-15-12, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Good cliffhanger, even if we all know there's no way Kono's gonna die.
Old 05-15-12, 12:41 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

What was up with the hashtag #H50OhNoKono during the opening?

Stupid CBS.

They are playing the whole social media game wrong with crap like that. Pop something like that up and we know something's up.
Old 05-15-12, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
What was up with the hashtag #H50OhNoKono during the opening?

Stupid CBS.

They are playing the whole social media game wrong with crap like that. Pop something like that up and we know something's up.
That had me going "They're killing her?" when I saw it.

Got to say, was very surprised by who was killed in the opening. Cause no one was thinking of them in the death pool.

Not by a long shot. CBS pulled a good surprise there.
Old 05-15-12, 05:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My only beef with the show is where is the rest of the police? Everytime they have to bust in a house it's only 5.0. It's like there are no other cops besides them.
Old 05-15-12, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 729 Likes on 532 Posts

^ Actually, they had back up when they found the dead agent last week. Everyone else is eating malasadas.

I just think that it was rather un-Chin Ho to do something to get Baldwin out of prison. And it's all a video, man, ask for proof of life! Lucky Kono is a surfer, right? So it's not like she can't hold her breath or swim. They just threw every cliffhanger in that they could to make anything stick.
Old 05-15-12, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by pelenor
My only beef with the show is where is the rest of the police? Everytime they have to bust in a house it's only 5.0. It's like there are no other cops besides them.
Duh. They're Delta Force! Meanwhile, we got SWAT teams in this country serving warrants.

Gee. I wonder if Kono is going to drown.

How exactly did Chin Ho get the guy out of prison all on his own? Ah, the fantasy world of H50.
Old 05-15-12, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

The first 15 minutes or so were action packed, and I liked the very end, but do they really think viewers think Kono is dead?
Old 05-15-12, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 349 Likes on 268 Posts

I thought it was a pretty awesome episode. Looks like the hot badass chick is being typecast now, as she was also a villain on The Event.

I didn't like the transition of Kono going into her house, the commercial break, and then Chin Ho getting the dirty cop released. Felt like there was a deleted scene.

Last edited by MLBFan24; 05-15-12 at 10:42 PM.
Old 05-15-12, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
I thought it was a pretty awesome episode. Looks like the hot badass chick is being typecast now, as she was also a villain on The Event.

I didn't like the transition of Kono going into her house, the commercial break, and then Danny getting the dirty cop released. Felt like there was a deleted scene.
I remember her on The Event and more recently CSI: Miami.

Agreed it felt like maybe a scene was deleted, but didn't Chin Ho get the dirty cop released?
Old 05-15-12, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know Baldwin was right about Chin Ho getting away with it - he didn't steal the money but he did obstruct justice and shield a felon and as punishment was reinstated, promoted and appointed to an elite crime-fighting unit. As for Kono, what happened to her when the rest of the unit found out she was conducting a clandestine affair with the head of the yakuza? Apparently nothing! It's a good thing I like the show anyway because it is dumb, dumb, dumb.
Old 05-15-12, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 349 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe

Agreed it felt like maybe a scene was deleted, but didn't Chin Ho get the dirty cop released?

oops you are correct, fixed it.
Old 05-16-12, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

At the risk of getting ripped for posting a gossip blind item... this is from Crazy Days and Nights. It was posted a week ago.

Spoiler:

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/20...is-really.html

Over the next few weeks, this B- list television actress will be scrutinized for why she is leaving a hit show. She has not been asked to leave the show and she is a firm believer in the policy of not voluntarily leaving a hit show. So, why is she leaving? Because of one of her co-stars who will not stop saying things to her which have caused her to seek therapy. It all started out a couple of years ago when she started working on this hit network show. Things happened and one thing led to another and she ended up sleeping with her B list co-star. He soon started sleeping with another co-star and our actress was hurt but moved on. Then, the actor wanted another go with her and she said no and for the past two years has been talking smack about her to anyone who will listen. Truly awful and horrible things about how she is a drug addict which she is not. How she hit on married producers and crew members which she has not. Anything he can think of, he has said. The one time she confronted him about it, the actor said all she had to do was sleep with him again and it would all go away. So far she has refused and because he is a bigger star than her, the producers have told her to stay quiet and that they will give her a bonus if she leaves the show and does so quietly. If she makes a fuss they have told her she will have trouble getting work on any show and that perhaps if she just had sex with the actor again then things would be all better. Yeah. She was pretty disgusted too.

Top guess was Grace Park "Hawaii 5-0" (Scott Caan or Alex O'Loughlin for the dbag)
Old 05-16-12, 03:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,884 Posts

Originally Posted by Traxan
At the risk of getting ripped for posting a gossip blind item... this is from Crazy Days and Nights. It was posted a week ago.

Spoiler:

Over the next few weeks, this B- list television actress will be scrutinized for why she is leaving a hit show. She has not been asked to leave the show and she is a firm believer in the policy of not voluntarily leaving a hit show. So, why is she leaving? Because of one of her co-stars who will not stop saying things to her which have caused her to seek therapy. It all started out a couple of years ago when she started working on this hit network show. Things happened and one thing led to another and she ended up sleeping with her B list co-star. He soon started sleeping with another co-star and our actress was hurt but moved on. Then, the actor wanted another go with her and she said no and for the past two years has been talking smack about her to anyone who will listen. Truly awful and horrible things about how she is a drug addict which she is not. How she hit on married producers and crew members which she has not. Anything he can think of, he has said. The one time she confronted him about it, the actor said all she had to do was sleep with him again and it would all go away. So far she has refused and because he is a bigger star than her, the producers have told her to stay quiet and that they will give her a bonus if she leaves the show and does so quietly. If she makes a fuss they have told her she will have trouble getting work on any show and that perhaps if she just had sex with the actor again then things would be all better. Yeah. She was pretty disgusted too.

Top guess was Grace Park "Hawaii 5-0" (Scott Caan or Alex O'Loughlin for the dbag)
The reply "Got it!!! Maggie Smith leaving Downton Abby!" made me .
Old 05-16-12, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Traxan

Spoiler:

That whole blog is vague bullshit. No way it's Park. She's been married for about 8 years to a millionaire Korean Real Estate guy. That blog makes the person sound like some clingy sex starved psycho.
Old 05-16-12, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to mention that whole story sounds like the show in question has been on longer then 5-O has actually been on the air.
Old 05-16-12, 01:06 PM

Agreed - that's two strikes against that gossip being about 5-0.

I've become numb to cliffhangers like these. Unless a lead actor is leaving a show, it is a safe bet that the leads are safe and the supporting cast are at risk. Will the lady doctor whose name you can't remember make it? I'm not sure I care. I'd feel more worry if the shrimp truck guy was shot!

This was a fun show to watch. I am truly looking forward to more fantasy world cop antics next year!
Old 05-16-12, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,884 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
How exactly did Chin Ho get the guy out of prison all on his own? Ah, the fantasy world of H50.
I've said it before and I'll say it again... Hawaii Five-O is a science fiction show without science fiction.
Old 05-16-12, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

All I can say is I've learned not to be shocked any more at the differences between public and private personas of celebrities.
Old 05-17-12, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I've said it before and I'll say it again... Hawaii Five-O is a science fiction show without science fiction.
This is the best description I've heard for the show.
Old 05-18-12, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk God

The Kono hashtag graphic at the beginning was so stupid and a total spoiler.

Other than that, it was a pretty good finale. Probably one of the better episodes for what was an otherwise inconsistent season. Lots of action in the 1st 40+ minutes.

Nice to see Taylor Cole again as another hot badass bitch. And if your going to show a hot chick like her, that's the kind of bra I want to see her in. Not that ugly grey sports bra that Marnie wore in Girls.

Regarding Chin getting Billy Baldwin out of jail.....Remember they are 5-fucking-O, they have full immunity and override all law enforcement.

With Michelle Borth (Catherine aka McG's girl) becoming a full regular next season, I wonder if she will be the new replacement for Lori on the team.

and yeah I'm totally in suspense on Kono's future.

BTW, WTF? Kono is still seeing the Yakuza guy?
Old 05-18-12, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
I didn't like the transition of Kono going into her house, the commercial break, and then Chin Ho getting the dirty cop released. Felt like there was a deleted scene.
I agree. That transition was poorly edited. It definitely felt like a scene was missing.

I have to say that this was probably some of Daniel Dae Kim's best acting on the show.
Old 05-20-12, 06:28 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

This show is consistenly exciting

But that girl who was bascially a common crim had way too much skills. She had the skills of a high level assassin