Old 05-13-12, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Once Upon a Time -- Season Finale -- "A Land Without Magic" -- 5/13/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-11-06

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Jamie Dornan Guest Stars as Huntsman; Emilie de Ravin ("Lost") Guest Stars as Belle; Kristin Bauer ("True Blood") Guest Stars as Maleficent; Sebastian Stan ("Gossip Girl," "Captain America: The First Avenger") Guest Stars as Jefferson

"A Land Without Magic" - Emma and Regina team together in order to find a way to save Henry's life. Meanwhile, in the fairytale land that was, Prince Charming attempts to escape from the Evil Queen's clutches in order to reunite with Snow White who, unbeknownst to him, has already taken a bite of the Queen's poison apple, on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, MAY 13 (8:00-9:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Episode 22 of 22

Great 1st season. Probably one of the biggest surprises of the year.

Considering how heavily serialized this is and there isn't enough time in the summer, it's unlikely this will re-air. I highly recommend anyone who missed out, to either buy or rent the BD or watch it on Hulu Plus if you subscribe (all 22 episodes will be there)
Old 05-13-12, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: Once Upon a Time -- Season Finale -- "A Land Without Magic" -- 5/13/12

I pre-ordered the BD set back when Amazon had it for $41.99. It's currently sitting at $44.96. So I recommend fans of the show pre-order in case it goes any higher.
Old 05-13-12, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why recommend pre-ordering when it's almost guaranteed to be in the $20-$30 range within 6 months like every other release.
Old 05-13-12, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
Why recommend pre-ordering when it's almost guaranteed to be in the $20-$30 range within 6 months like every other release.
This isn't the "Bargains" forum. There are still people who will buy and support a TV program when it's initially released.

But, I think people who didn't watch it this season and would like to catch up before season 2 starts in the Fall should get it when it's released than wait 6 months to 1-year.
Old 05-13-12, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DJariya
This isn't the "Bargains" forum. There are still people who will buy and support a TV program when it's initially released.

But, I think people who didn't watch it this season and would like to catch up before season 2 starts in the Fall should get it when it's released than wait 6 months to 1-year.
While, I agree with you, I can all but guarantee that it will be sub $40 on its release day, so pre-ordering now is only beneficial if you really think it won't or if you like Amazon to charge you the pre-order higher price and then credit your account the difference in 3-5 days of the release.

I only pre-order now when I am almost certain the price is already on the low end and will likely go up (often with catalogs when they first show up) or if the price is right already and it's in my gold box.
Old 05-13-12, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So I guess Rumple is bad by nature? I would have assumed what he wanted to get back would be his son. Not magic.
Old 05-13-12, 08:04 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I pre-ordered the BD set back when Amazon had it for $41.99. It's currently sitting at $44.96. So I recommend fans of the show pre-order in case it goes any higher.
Actually, it's $29.96 with the Amazon coupon right now. This show is worth that amount for me.
Old 05-13-12, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by trespoochies
Actually, it's $29.96 with the Amazon coupon right now. This show is worth that amount for me.
Thanks. Cancelled and re-ordered with the coupon.
Old 05-13-12, 08:57 PM

So I guess Rumple is bad by nature? I would have assumed what he wanted to get back would be his son. Not magic.
I thought so too.
Maybe they shot 2 endings? One where he gets his son back (if the show wasn't renewed), and the one they used (since it was renewed).
Old 05-13-12, 09:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting twist and setup for Season 2 ...
Old 05-13-12, 09:50 PM

Now that Red remembers and magic is back, will she be a werewolf again?

That would be awesome.

i hope that August/Pinocchio goes back to his human form..
Old 05-13-12, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm surprised they didn't show any footage of August returning to human form.
Old 05-13-12, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Good first season, well done show so far, curious what season two will bring.

That was my thought as well, I like to save money.
Old 05-13-12, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow, that's almost too good to be true. If this goes down to even $39.99, it will only be $25 shipped.

Nice catch...very appreciative of your post.

Watching all 3 hours of Survivor first, then OUAT and Men, so I can't comment on the finale yet, but it sounds like people were satisfied.
Old 05-14-12, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DJariya

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
While, I agree with you, I can all but guarantee that it will be sub $40 on its release day, so pre-ordering now is only beneficial if you really think it won't or if you like Amazon to charge you the pre-order higher price and then credit your account the difference in 3-5 days of the release.

I only pre-order now when I am almost certain the price is already on the low end and will likely go up (often with catalogs when they first show up) or if the price is right already and it's in my gold box.
Originally Posted by Xiroteus
Good first season, well done show so far, curious what season two will bring.

That was my thought as well, I like to save money.
Given I saw GOT go up in price and shows like POI are currently sitting at $60+, I figured the same would happen to OUAT (and it did go up about $3 before the coupon showed up). So I was just trying to help out fans of the show.

In all fairness, I rarely buy shows on BD so I don't know how the pricing scheme for them works on BD.
Old 05-14-12, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He may not need to wish for his son back since according to the flashback he should be in the same real world already.

He just needs to find him. And with the curse broken and magic back, his ability to do that has no doubt gotten easier.
Old 05-14-12, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good first season and this episode could reasonably serve as a solid series finale too. Well done

Very nice too that they brought nearly every actor back for this (and the previous) episode. Felt very much like a community.
Old 05-14-12, 11:03 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

I'm in for that price.

It was nice to see The Huntsman back, albeit for a brief scene, maybe the land turning to Magic will bring him back.
Old 05-14-12, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Although I hate Charming, I must say his veiled Jaws reference ("I'm gonna need a smaller egg") made me laugh. I also giggled a bit when he reflexively started fondling Snow's ears while they were kissing in the middle of the street. Even he finds them distracting.

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
He may not need to wish for his son back since according to the flashback he should be in the same real world already.

He just needs to find him. And with the curse broken and magic back, his ability to do that has no doubt gotten easier.
Except that he knows full well his magical powers cost him his son. And the almost devilish glee he displayed whilst explaining to Belle what he was up to made me half expect him to let out a little Rumple giggle as the mist was coming out from the well.

It feels as if his feelings about his son and his joy at seeing Belle alive are a distraction at best.

Speaking of Belle, it was funny (and simultaneously frustrating) to see her with a brunette version of the Crazy Claire wig.
Old 05-14-12, 12:27 PM

He's already demonstrated that magic was more important to him than his son. He's more afraid of being weak again than truly bad as far as I'm concerned.
Old 05-14-12, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Whole family watches the show every Sunday.

Well done, good writing (twist on old stories is really cool), acting is general good and I am glad they brought the season to a good end. OUAT seemed like they knew where they were going the the whole time, unlike LOST who seemed to be making this up as they go.

Want the BR version of the S1.
Old 05-14-12, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Iron_Giant
Whole family watches the show every Sunday.

Well done, good writing (twist on old stories is really cool), acting is general good and I am glad they brought the season to a good end. OUAT seemed like they knew where they were going the the whole time, unlike LOST who seemed to be making this up as they go.

Want the BR version of the S1.
I enjoy the show as well. To tell the truth, I was expecting not to like it. I like these type of surprises.

As for your LOST comment, LOST was actually phenomenal and well written the first two seasons. Probably one of the best shows I had ever seen. It seemed after the first two seasons that things started falling apart. It was like the writers lost direction and focus. By the last season, the show had sunk to lunacy.

I hope Once Upon a Time does not follow the same fate.
Old 05-15-12, 05:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

It is always nice when a show feels like they planed this all along, for awhile I was thinking, this really could be one long season and does not require more based on running out of ideas, WRONG, they are doing it right and I could see another season easily.

Now some show ideas really do not call for even a full season let alone several. I hope they plan out season two as well.

Given I saw GOT go up in price and shows like POI are currently sitting at $60+, I figured the same would happen to OUAT (and it did go up about $3 before the coupon showed up). So I was just trying to help out fans of the show.

In all fairness, I rarely buy shows on BD so I don't know how the pricing scheme for them works on BD.
I just noticed how my statement came out, I was thinking more in general terms of pre-orders not being needed overall, I however did not want to call you out like there is something wrong with letting others know the best prices for though who wish to pre-order.
Old 05-15-12, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Just watched it this morning. Glad I checked the thread... preordered the BD for $29.96. Thanks!

I was surprised by Rumple's actions. Guess the magic totally corrupted him... he was weak to begin with and the taste of power was too much for him.

My guess is that since the curse is broken, Red will become a werewolf again. I hope that Pinocchio will become a "real boy", but he broke the rules so who knows... maybe the blue fairy will be able to restore him since magic is loose in the land again.

I really don't like actor who plays Charming. In an otherwise stellar season, I think that role was totally miscast.
Old 05-15-12, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I really liked the finale.

At first I thought Emma's epiphany was poorly done. After all she's been through and all she's been hearing about the magic it seemed just a little too easy for her to accept it that way. But thinking about it again and it was perfect. It took a small tragedy for her to be willing to accept the impossible.

I liked what was going on between Regina and Emma this episode too. I like that Regina isn't just evil and that she does genuinely love Henry.

Good ending and a good set up for next season. I guess Rumple feels that he needs magic back in the world so that he could find his son. I don't think he's evil, in the way the Queen is evil. I think he's selfish and his ultimate goal is to be with Belle and his son. He just doesn't care who he hurts to get to that point.

Looking forward to this coming back. I'm honestly surprised a show with such a weird concept kept me intrigued for 22 episodes. Hopefully they have a good plan for next season.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.