TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

NBC Announces Fall 2012-13 Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-12, 05:20 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: NBC Announces Fall 2012-13 Schedule

Originally Posted by Deftones
Everyone thought Friday was a death slot for Fringe and it's done OK there. Obviously it has more leeway with Fox than other shows did, but still. I think if Community pulled the same numbers on Friday as it did on Thursday, NBC would be ecstatic.
Really? You think a sub 1.0 is doing OK there? Like Dragon pointed out, it should have been canceled after the Third Season but WB gave it away. It's a zombie show. Probably cheaper for Fox than repeating an episode of Bones (or an original episode of anything).
Old 05-13-12, 05:23 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Deftones
Everyone thought Friday was a death slot for Fringe and it's done OK there. Obviously it has more leeway with Fox than other shows did, but still. I think if Community pulled the same numbers on Friday as it did on Thursday, NBC would be ecstatic.
Community is averaging about a 1.3/1.4 on Thursdays...and airing after Whitney I can see a 1.0/1.1. Which is still pretty good for Friday. But gees..Whitney? WTF is NBC thinking.
Old 05-13-12, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Is frontier a midseason?
Old 05-13-12, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Uh, so who's playing Hannibal Lecter? That's shows success or (inevitable) failure will probably rest on that actor's shoulders.

Revolution looks interesting. Everything else is eh. This being NBC, there won't be any hits and most of these shows will be cancelled.
Old 05-13-12, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

They blew it with Fear Factor. They had a chance to bring it back and shake things up but it was the same damn thing it was 8 years ago. Aside from Rogan's tats I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference in episodes between the break.
Old 05-13-12, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by Defiant1
Uh, so who's playing Hannibal Lecter? That's shows success or (inevitable) failure will probably rest on that actor's shoulders.

Revolution looks interesting. Everything else is eh. This being NBC, there won't be any hits and most of these shows will be cancelled.
They haven't cast Lecter yet. They have only cast the actor playing Will Graham. Right now Hannibal won't premiere until midseason, which could be anywhere from January to March of next year. So they have alot of time to cast the right actor.
Old 05-13-12, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Is frontier a midseason?
It's dead.
Old 05-14-12, 12:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow, personally i find Revolution looks amazing! And that's EXACTLY what pains me the most is that it looks really good so of course that means no one will watch it and it'll get canceled after 6 episodes!

ARG! I HATE that my favorite type of show is scif-fi/supernatural-ish(or just plain out of the ordinary) serialized shows. i don't even know how many times i got burned, yet i keep coming back!

I love TV too much to not give chances to shows that peak my interests.
Old 05-14-12, 05:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Revolution preview gives off a strong Terra Nova vibe. Which is not good. I'll check it out, though.

The other trailers are awful. No wonder NBC is in the dumper.

I think we all know that next season is Community's last. It really doesn't matter what timeslot it has.
Old 05-14-12, 05:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Revolution looks interesting. The comedies all look pretty bad - even the Perry one. Those clips sure didn't sell the shows to me.

If I catch up with Grimm, Parenthood and Parks, it looks like those are the only shows I'll stick with on NBC. I may go ahead with Revolution as well.
Old 05-14-12, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
[The other trailers are awful. No wonder NBC is in the dumper.
Revolution was the only one that was cut as a trailer. The rest were just some random scenes. I'm sure they will post trailers for the other ones that will actually make the shows look good or funny.
Old 05-14-12, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Revolution" looks awesome. I'm always hesitant to start watching new shows though because so many end up getting canceled, but I'm going to give this one a chance. The trailer was cool, and I'm glad Gus Fring is getting more work. It seems like the show will just jump ahead 15 years though without much character development, or without really showing that 15 year transition period and how people were affected. I hope I'm wrong, and that they show more of that period than just a montage or something. Either way though, a good premise.
Old 05-14-12, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
It's dead.
Lol ew had it for potential NBC shows to watch
Old 05-14-12, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
I read another quote from Bob Greenblatt, NBC's President, and he said he wanted to add another night of comedy. 3 nights now...Wed-Friday. And he said he believes the people who are truly diedhard Community fans will follow it wherever it goes.

But, I'm sure for most here, you would have rather seen 30 Rock or Up All Night go to that timeslot instead?

Greenblatt isn't a stupid guy like Zucker or Ben Silverman. He worked at Showtime for years and helped develop alot of their most successful shows like Dexter. This is a long term rebuilding project. He's literally cleaning up a huge mess from those eras. It's not easy to find a new hit show or timeslot that will help an existing show.
I follow the logic, but with Whitney as it's lead in? WTF?! This is NBC's way of canceling Community without pissing off every one of its fans.

The thing that really pisses me off is that every single one of those new comedies smells like warm piss that's been left sitting in the sun.
Old 05-14-12, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts

So can we all at least agree that the only reason Whitney was renewed at all was because NBC literally had nothing new to put in a Friday time slot? I guess there's something to be said for letting such an awful show die a slow and painful death, rather than putting it out of its misery.

Also, the Marriage Ref was still on???
Old 05-14-12, 09:26 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by kefrank
So can we all at least agree that the only reason Whitney was renewed at all was because NBC literally had nothing new to put in a Friday time slot? I guess there's something to be said for letting such an awful show die a slow and painful death, rather than putting it out of its misery.

Also, the Marriage Ref was still on???
Marriage Ref hasn't been on since last Summer. I guess everyone forgot about it.
Old 05-14-12, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kefrank
Again I understand the logic of putting a show with a strong cult following on Friday to basically guarantee certain ratings. I also see the logic of not throwing a new show into that timeslot as no one will ever watch it.

But certainly Whitney doesn't fall into this category of "cult show," does it? And why on earth would you let it lead the night?
Old 05-14-12, 10:13 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by madcougar
Again I understand the logic of putting a show with a strong cult following on Friday to basically guarantee certain ratings. I also see the logic of not throwing a new show into that timeslot as no one will ever watch it.

But certainly Whitney doesn't fall into this category of "cult show," does it? And why on earth would you let it lead the night?
"Cult". You mean shows that are only on the schedule to reach a certain amount of episodes for Syndication (Fringe, Chuck, Community, 'Til Death, Supernatural, etc.). Those are not "cult" shows. They are shows with meager ratings that the network stood by for three Seasons and gave them a 4th (and 5th in some cases; Fringe/Chuck!), because the respective studio gave it to them for pennies on the dollar. I like how mid 1 ratings are now "strong cult" shows.

As for not throwing new shows there, Grimm has succeeded in that slot. It's certainly the 'broken clock is right twice a day' rule, but it did do pretty well there. Wonder how long it's been since a scripted show launched on Friday actually made it to a second Season (on the same night).
Old 05-14-12, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

out on The Voice and The Office for next season...
looks like I will be down to SNF, Parenthood and Revolution next season on NBC.. pretty bare bones...
Old 05-14-12, 10:51 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Revolution looks pretty cool, but I don't trust NBC's track record with these sort of shows. I'm afraid I'll get into it, ratings will nosedive within the first three weeks, and by November NBC will be burning off the unaired episodes on Saturday. The rest of the clips, I'm not sold.

Two cycles of The Voice? They're going to kill that show with overexposure. The rotating cast idea sounds somewhat interesting in a West Coast Avengers sort of way, but they tried the 'two versions with different leads' approach with The Apprentice and it pretty much crippled the franchise until the Celebrity version came along.
Old 05-14-12, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 436 Likes on 298 Posts

Down to Parks, Community and SVU. If the season premiere of Office is as bad as the last few (post Florida) then I'm definitely done there. Revolution is the only new show that looks remotely interesting. Then again this in NBC who will just kill off a new show and not give it a chance. (Prime Suspect from last season...)
Old 05-14-12, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
"Cult". You mean shows that are only on the schedule to reach a certain amount of episodes for Syndication (Fringe, Chuck, Community, 'Til Death, Supernatural, etc.). Those are not "cult" shows. They are shows with meager ratings that the network stood by for three Seasons and gave them a 4th (and 5th in some cases; Fringe/Chuck!), because the respective studio gave it to them for pennies on the dollar. I like how mid 1 ratings are now "strong cult" shows.
You and I have different definitions of "cult" shows. Your comment may have been the first time in the history of the show that anyone has ever equated 'Til Death with "cult show."
Old 05-14-12, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk God

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/nbcs...n-next-season/

It's now 100% confirmed that next season will be 30 Rock's last. Still 13 episodes.
Old 05-14-12, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Some new trailers. These are actual full trailers, not clips.

Chicago Fire (starring Jesse Spencer and Taylor Kinney):

<iframe id="NBC Video Widget" width="512" height="347" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1401466" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Go On (starring Matthew Perry):

<iframe id="NBC Video Widget" width="512" height="347" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1401481" frameborder="0"></iframe>

The New Normal:

<iframe id="NBC Video Widget" width="512" height="347" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1401467" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Animal Practice:

<iframe id="NBC Video Widget" width="512" height="347" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1401480" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Guys with Kids (starring Anthony Anderson):

<iframe id="NBC Video Widget" width="512" height="347" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1401479" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Old 05-14-12, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk God

FYI, I just read a tweet that "Mocking Bird Lane" aka The Munsters update isn't dead yet. They will shoot the Pilot next month and if it's good, it may air midseason. Bryan Singer is directing it and Bryan Fuller is writing it. Fuller is also the writer/showrunner for Hannibal.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.