TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Ice Road Truckers Season 6?

Old 10-18-12, 10:21 PM

Re: Ice Road Truckers Season 6?

According to one of the former truck drivers Dave....IRT is going to be cancelled after season 6....in other words...season 6 may be the very last for the series and also deadliest roads.

This forum will not let me post the link, but it is on youtube, here is the title so you can look it up yourself.....

Ice Road Truckers has filmed there last season ...

Dave also states that Lisa Kelly was screwed over by the production company and THAT is why she is not on the show.

But after seeing all the episodes of season 6 orf IRT......I can definately say that IT SUCKED! Drivers sniping at each other just made it worse!

So I am not surprised if it turns out to be true that the show is cancelled. With all the fakery, they basically brought it on themselves. I still say this has gotten like pro wrestling! LOL!

Last edited by webe123; 10-18-12 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10-19-12, 03:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by webe123 View Post
According to one of the former truck drivers Dave....IRT is going to be cancelled after season 6....in other words...season 6 may be the very last for the series...

Originally Posted by webe123 View Post
...and also deadliest roads.
The Alaska IRT series was a complete work of fiction, but Deadliest Roads at least seemed somewhat less ridiculously faked. And they drove on roads that don't look exactly like any road you find in 25% of the lower 48 states during winter. Even without the show I'm sure all the papers and other media outlets will keep us abreast of the competition to be next year's load count king.
Old 10-19-12, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Dave has a bit of an axe to grind. Then again, he did say months in advance that Lisa was off the show and that proved correct.

Let's face it, the only likeable person is Alex.
Old 10-19-12, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Season 6 seemed like a replay of season 5(switching to Porkshop from Dave Redmon). They need to change the locals. Do they have ice roads in Sweden and Norway?

Miss IRT Deadliest Roads. Why was it cancelled? Poor ratings?
Old 10-19-12, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life View Post
Miss IRT Deadliest Roads. Why was it cancelled? Poor ratings?
From what I gather from Dave Redmon's comments the production company being a complete clusterf*ck was the main reason (but like Traxan said above, Redmon is hardly an impartial observer at this point). Don't know about the ratings, but I actually enjoyed that version of the show for the locales if nothing else.
Old 10-19-12, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like the History Channel will become the new AMC. Not much on programming.
Old 10-19-12, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think IRT Deadliest Roads also had a slight problem of scaring the shit out of the drivers. No one wanted to go back.
Old 10-19-12, 04:59 PM
Banned

It's an okay show and all, but could someone please tell me why it's on the History channel ? It has....what to do with history ?
Old 10-19-12, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Traxan View Post
I think IRT Deadliest Roads also had a slight problem of scaring the shit out of the drivers. No one wanted to go back.
At least National Geo Channel moved up Alaska State Troopers a few months and is shown on Sunday nights. Maybe National Geo Ch. should pick up the rights to IRT and IRT Deadiest Rds. Seems too be more their kind of bag.