TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The GENERAL HOSPITAL Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-13, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
re: The GENERAL HOSPITAL Discussion Thread

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Valentini said in an interview a few weeks back that "we're not doing vampires."
Interesting. I wonder why they keep adding more corroboration to Lucy's stories. Then they mention an angel named Rafe, and introduce a new character "Rafe" literally a minute later...
Old 01-31-13, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know who Lucy (Coe?) is, but I never watched 1 episode of Port Charles.

Frisco back too? Along with Kristina (Felicia). Make me believe it.
Old 01-31-13, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by adamblast
Interesting. I wonder why they keep adding more corroboration to Lucy's stories. Then they mention an angel named Rafe, and introduce a new character "Rafe" literally a minute later...
From an interview he did with TV Guide in early January:

TV Guide Magazine: What's up with this talk of a vampire storyline related to the events of the short-lived GH spin-off Port Charles?
Valentini: We're not doing vampires. Because we have Michael (Easton, who plays John) and Lynn who were both on Port Charles with Kelly, we're just doing a nod.
Old 02-11-13, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Loos like McBain, Manning and Starr will be off the show soon because Prospect Park owns the characters
and the Internet revival of All My Children and OLTL is happening.
Old 02-11-13, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

I really don't see that lasting too long. Their core audience isn't going to bother to watch a 30 minute episode online. Just my opinion of course.
Old 02-12-13, 05:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts

I could do without Starr. The actress and the character are awful. McBain is ok but rather dull and Todd can be good in spurts, but he is way too over the top sometimes.
Old 02-12-13, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Deadman31
I could do without Starr. The actress and the character are awful. McBain is ok but rather dull and Todd can be good in spurts, but he is way too over the top sometimes.
I could do without Starr as well. She has always been annoying to me. It made me sick when I heard she was going to join the cast of GH when OLTL was canned. I never have been much of a fan of McBain but I can tolerate him.

Roger Howarth's Todd is very silly and way over the top for me as well. I hated when he can back to OLTL in 2011. I much preferred Trevor St John's Todd. He is a much better actor and played a more serious version of the Todd character.
Old 02-12-13, 09:32 AM

I've been watching GH on and off for 30 years, and the show, as currently constituted, is awful.
Old 02-14-13, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=2163313730001&playerID=1750003874001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAABl3NGjUk~,c86X7VwaxEeVpfMUii9qm4zjU4Os43pV&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=2163313730001&playerID=1750003874001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAABl3NGjUk~,c86X7VwaxEeVpfMUii9qm4zjU4Os43pV&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="480" height="270" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>
Old 02-14-13, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by siddd5
I've been watching GH on and off for 30 years, and the show, as currently constituted, is awful.
I'll agree it's not as good now as it was in the 80s and (most of the) 90s, but it's WORLDS better than it's been for most of the 21st Century.

My only current gripe with the show is that they're bringing back "classic" actors for short (and sometimes extended) stints, but are giving them little to do. For heaven's sake, if all Jack Wagner is going to do is hang out at Mac's bar and pine for his former wife, I could have done without Frisco's return. At least they gave Tristan Rogers something to do when he came back for a few months.
Old 02-14-13, 05:32 PM

I'll agree it's not as good now as it was in the 80s and (most of the) 90s, but it's WORLDS better than it's been for most of the 21st Century.

My only current gripe with the show is that they're bringing back "classic" actors for short (and sometimes extended) stints, but are giving them little to do. For heaven's sake, if all Jack Wagner is going to do is hang out at Mac's bar and pine for his former wife, I could have done without Frisco's return. At least they gave Tristan Rogers something to do when he came back for a few months.
It's because the writer's are creatively bankrupt and are taking a lazy and obvious approach to storylines.
Old 03-14-13, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Forget College Basketball, this will be my March Madness!

Get ready for an unprecedented GH marathon! To celebrate the 50th anniversary of life in Port Charles, SOAPnet will air 50 classic episodes in 50 hours, which will include shows from every decade.

Said the network in a statement, "The marathon will cover all your favorite characters, couples and storylines with such themes as romance (Luke & Laura's wedding, Frisco & Felicia's wedding, Luke & Laura's dance at Wyndham's, Lucky & Liz's first kiss), heartbreak (Stone dies, Sonny leaves Brenda at the altar, BJ dies/Maxie's heart transplant), action-adventure (Ice Princess, the Hostage Crisis, the Hotel Fire,) and shocking bombshells (Elizabeth finds Carly in the panic room, AJ discovers he's Michael's father, Jason's car accident) plus many more surprises and appearances by fan favorites (Elizabeth Taylor as Helena Cassadine, John Stamos as Blackie, Ricky Martin as Miguel, Rick Springfield as Noah)." The marathon begins on March 29 at 10pmET and will air through Monday, April 1 at 12amET.

http://soapoperadigest.com/content/s...assic-episodes
Old 03-14-13, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^ Which sucks because Comcast ditched SoapNet in my area a couple years back.
Old 03-20-13, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll probably get a second dvr or an esata external drive for that marathon.
In other news the three from OLTL left the show today to go be on that Internet version.
Old 03-23-13, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Here's list of episodes and times of the 50 hour GH marathon that will be on SoapNet starting March 29th at 10:00 pm est.

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013...hon-schedule/2
Old 03-24-13, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks like Bobbie has some work done by the same doc as Joan Rivers. I'd rather she just have aged naturally.

Current oldies: Frisco, Felicia, Anna, Luke, Laura, Scottie, Lucy (later, but still oldie), Duke and I saw some mention of Faison imitating Duke (didn't see that). We already had Robert and Holly. Sean Donnelly and Tiffany Hill would have been a nice drop-in, but the actor who played Sean is about 76 at this point. They've done a good job of bringing back past characters for spot duty, though.

I forgot Bobbie and Scotty get along better than Luke and Scotty. I haven't seen Heather and Scotty interact, which is a shame. I'm not sure when the 50th anniversary stuff will die down, but I'm still recording so far. I can get through a week's worth of shows in about an hour, which isn't a horrible time investment for a little nostalgia.
Old 03-24-13, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like Kimberly McCullough might be coming back soon...hopefully that means Tristan Rogers will be back as well. Didn't like how they 86'd his character earlier this year and never mentioned him again, as if no one cares about him.
Old 03-24-13, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Last week Scotty received death reas from Luke and Luke's stepson, Sonnys son. I can't remember his name.
Maybe one other death threat. I hope they aren't setting up killing him off the show .

Bobbie looked awful with that work she had done.
Permanent duck face.
Old 03-24-13, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by whotony
Last week Scotty received death reas from Luke and Luke's stepson, Sonnys son. I can't remember his name.
Maybe one other death threat. I hope they aren't setting up killing him off the show .
Dante. I don't think they're killing off either of them. However,
Spoiler:
the actress that plays LuLu IS leaving GH. Have no idea if she'll be recast or killed off.
Old 03-24-13, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've read in several places its a recast.
Old 03-25-13, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Breaking News: One Life to Live Stars Head Back to General Hospital.

Will General Hospital fans accept Michael Easton, Roger Howarth and Kristen Alderson in brand new roles? They might have to!

Multiple sources tell TV Guide Magazine that the trio of former One Life to Live stars — who've been embroiled in a tug-of-war between ABC and Prospect Park, the company that's producing the upcoming OLTL reboot — will soon return to GH after being forced to vacate the show for several weeks.

But here's the kicker: It seems we'll no longer see Easton as John McBain, ditto Howarth as Todd Manning or Alderson as Todd's daughter Starr. ABC doesn't want to risk any more legal entanglements with Prospect Park, which currently owns the rights to all OLTL characters, and the only way to do that is to have the three stars play characters that in no way resemble the current ones.

Word is, GH head writer Ron Carlivati is devising some clever ways to work around the headache, even though John, Todd and Starr are now tightly woven into Port Charles society and all three are involved in blooming romances.

"Prospect Park has been extremely difficult to deal with on this issue so GH basically said, 'Screw it! We'll create all new characters!'" notes one source privy to the situation. "It's the only way GH can get past the problem and get on with business."

Neither GH nor ABC will confirm this wild development, but no one's denying it, either. "I can't really comment for legal reasons," says GH exec producer Frank Valentini. "It's not like I'm trying to keep a secret. [ABC] doesn't want me to say anything." We also asked ABC Daytime chief Vicki Dummer to comment on the matter but she only coughed up a cryptic, "All I can really say right now is...stay tuned."

Waiting for the fur to stop flying "has been crazy," says Thom Racina, one of the head writers of the new OLTL. "First it was, 'Yes, we have these actors,' then it was, 'No, we don't have them.' I don't know that any show has ever gone through this kind of thing before. It's a very unique situation what with all these legal issues between the [two parties] but we came out of it very happily. You'll see."

We have no doubt that Carlivati —whose work on GH has been simply stellar — is the perfect guy to pull off this magic trick. Besides, if we soap fans can accept evil twins and peeps coming back from the dead, we can certainly get past a few sudden identity changes, right?

"I think it's going to turn out well for everybody," Racina says of the brouhaha. "The soap audience, as we know, is very forgiving."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/One-Life...l-1063142.aspx
Old 03-25-13, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, we already know one other character Michael Easton can play...and it will be nice to see Roger without that fake scar.
Old 03-25-13, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Dante. I don't think they're killing off either of them. However,
Spoiler:
the actress that plays LuLu IS leaving GH. Have no idea if she'll be recast or killed off.
Spoiler:

She's already been recast with Marcy Rylan from Y&R.
Old 03-29-13, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Marathon is about to start .

Anyone catch yesterdays ep with the Richard Simmons appearance.

Might have been the dumbest guest spot I ever saw.
H was supposed to be the dance coordinator for the ball but after he played his
Old GH rap song Lucy banned it from the ball.

Simmons was screeming at Lucy that he didn't care what anyone thinks about the rumors and terrible
Things in the song especially Monica.

It was way over the top even for a soap.

Oh and one of the danceing with the stars dancers was on and bumped into Sam and said he recognized her from somewhere, and he volunteered to be the coordinator for the ball.
Old 03-29-13, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony
Oh and one of the dancing with the stars dancers was on and bumped into Sam and said he recognized her from somewhere, and he volunteered to be the coordinator for the ball.
So that's what that was. I couldn't figure out why some random guy was being introduced like an "already known" cameo.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.