Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Killing -- 2 Hour Season Premiere -- "Reflections/My Lucky Day" -- 4/01/12

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-12, 02:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Killing -- 2 Hour Season Premiere -- "Reflections/My Lucky Day" -- 4/01/12

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Killing down 33 percent from last year's opener

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/02/th...ing-ratings-2/
Thank God.
Old 04-02-12, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: The Killing -- 2 Hour Season Premiere -- "Reflections/My Lucky Day" -- 4/01/12

Good to see that the writers have cleaned things up and don't have crazy things to drive the plot.

At least they didn't have a guy who is being held for attempted murder (which could get upgraded to murder if Richmond died) get a visitor within hours of being arrested. And from a guy out on bail for beating a suspect in a somewhat related case? How is Belko allowed to see anyone but a lawyer within hours of shooting a major public figure? (and why is a detective new to homicide doing an interview?) And I won't even go into how Belko gets a gun from a cop while handcuffed.

How is either detective actually employed at this point? Lindren who was kept on just for this case has royally screwed things up how many times now? First she puts the suspect tag on the teacher, leaks that info to the victim (which an "experienced" detective would never do and might be a fireable offense by itself) and this leads directly to a beating. Then she screws up with the FBI and the mosque thing. And now she and Holder are wrong about Richmond and he only gets shots and paralyzed.

The writing is still incredibly lazy and sloppy right down to Richmond and his aid giving Lindren key info to forward the case - at this point how is either person talking to her (especially Richmond)? Of course that's the only she can get the info but couldn't get it earlier or there would have been no way to make Richmond the wrong suspect. I get why he withheld the information.. but why would he give it to her after being shot?
Old 04-02-12, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

<param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=1542167372001&linkBaseURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amctv.com%2Fthe-killing%2Fvideos%2Finside-episode-202-the-killing-my-lucky-day&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuyCbQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1542167372001&linkBaseURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amctv.com%2Fthe-killing%2Fvideos%2Finside-episode-202-the-killing-my-lucky-day&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuyCbQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="456" height="388" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

Video featurette about Hour 2. Interviews with the cast.

For those who were wondering about Holder....Joel Kinnaman pretty much confirms on here that he's not a dirty cop, but was manipulated by his sponsor Gil.
Old 04-03-12, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Is this the first show where a major character has a colostomy bag? I can only think of a show like Grey's Anatomy where maybe a patient might have had one.

Also, Joel Kinnaman is dating Olivia Munn now.
Old 04-03-12, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts

For those who hated last season (like me) and are still watching, what's your impressions of this premiere?

I want to avoid any spoilers in case the reviews are positive - which leads me to watching it.
Old 04-03-12, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
For those who hated last season (like me) and are still watching, what's your impressions of this premiere?

I want to avoid any spoilers in case the reviews are positive - which leads me to watching it.
You should read Alan Sepinwall's review from Hitfix.com. He absolutely hated the season finale and vowed to never watch the show again. But, like I said earlier in this thread, he calmed down alot and gave the 2 hours a relatively favorable review.
Old 04-03-12, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

I was pretty annoyed with a lot of the last season, but have to admit that I liked the S2 premiere.
Old 04-03-12, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 601 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Killing down 33 percent from last year's opener

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/02/th...ing-ratings-2/
Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo
Thank God.
This might be considered thread crapping.
Old 04-03-12, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by thelwig14
Is there a site that does good recaps for each ep that I can bookmark for the future? Thanks in advance.
Wikipedia actually has a really great set of recaps for at least the first season. Just search "The Killing AMC Episodes"
Old 04-03-12, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by critterdvd
Wikipedia actually has a really great set of recaps for at least the first season. Just search "The Killing AMC Episodes"

Need them for this season so I don't feel like I completely wasted 13 hours.

I did find a good one on television without pity.
Old 04-04-12, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Call me crazy but I found the new episode somewhat disappointing. I liked Season 1 and did not mind the finale at all. But this season, the recap at the beginning was way too short and general so I entered Season 2 not really remembering everything I needed to. I'm not really sure who the bald headed guy cop is from last year (maybe I didn't pay attention because he was a peripheral character?) and it looks like they are just setting up some dumb conspiracy thing. And Rosie's backpack just magically appears at her doorstep? Meh.
Old 04-04-12, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They never showed the bald guy last season. Or if he appeared it was just for a few seconds. Anyway, we are learning about him in this season.

Agree about the conspiracy thing. I really don't have faith they will be able to pull it.

I don't have an issue with the backpack appearing. My guess, and that's why I agree with you, it's there are two groups, fighting each other, in this conspiracy thing.
Old 04-04-12, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had the usual complaints about last season and just thought the premiere was boring. They've lost my interest.
Old 04-04-12, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought it was boring too. I expected something big to grab my interest but it just seemed a lazy continuation of the red-herring technique.
Old 04-07-12, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CRM114
Call me crazy but I found the new episode somewhat disappointing. I liked Season 1 and did not mind the finale at all. But this season, the recap at the beginning was way too short and general so I entered Season 2 not really remembering everything I needed to. I'm not really sure who the bald headed guy cop is from last year (maybe I didn't pay attention because he was a peripheral character?) and it looks like they are just setting up some dumb conspiracy thing. And Rosie's backpack just magically appears at her doorstep? Meh.
Meh, indeed.

The writers/Sud are trying way too hard to ratchet up the drama/suspense.

The nurse appearing to ask if Darren had any relatives nearby, and then 10 minutes later asking if he had a pastor to perform last rites was laughably contrived.

The out-of-nowhere locker room fight, Linden's chance discovery of the fisherman, the Seattle Times reporter fake-out, the stupid backpack switcheroo, her super-obvious tailing of the Sheriff to a remote location, the fake drama/paranoia involving anything Sheriff-related, the whole is-Holder-in-on-it bullshit, Linden getting the Sheriff's phone number from a list at an AA meeting, her "surveillance" of the Sheriff through three huge, brightly lit windows...

...so much to hate about these two eps. Take away the show's gorgeous setting and some stellar acting, and this show is off to a terrible start. Sud must think we're all f'ing idiots.
Old 04-07-12, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Like many others, I hated the season 1 finale. I decided I would watch the premiere to see if it improved at all. After about a half hour, I decided I had enough, deleted the episode and Season Pass. I won't miss it.