Old 03-20-12, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Southland -- Season Finale -- "Thursday" -- 3/20/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-03-06

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Tang reports for her last day on patrol before moving on to another precinct in the Season 4 finale. Meanwhile, Lydia is pressed to make a decision regarding her pregnancy; Sammy recuperates from injuries; and Ben searches for the woman he's been trying to help.

Episode 10 of 10

Promo:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/61I8WSUJuo0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nothing confirmed yet, but this is expected to get renewed for a 5th season. Michael Cudlitz has been pitching fans on his Facebook and Twitter pages to write to TNT and ask for more than 10 episodes next season.
Old 03-20-12, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Re: Southland -- Season Finale -- "Thursday" -- 3/20/12

Don't ask for 10, ask for 13 or more!
Old 03-20-12, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk God

^^
I know, I wrote on TNT's Facebook page and a bunch of others did as well and asked for 13-15 next season.

Some ratings info from TNT's press release:

TNT
TNT's acclaimed cop drama Southland brought in more than 2.5 million viewers in Live + 3 delivery last week (1.8 million in Live + Same Day). The show also scored 1.2 million adults 18-49 and 1.3 million adults 25-54. With only the finale left in its powerful fourth season, Southland continues to show growth compared to season three, with adults 18-49 up 6% and adults 25-54 up 3%.
Old 03-20-12, 10:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good episode, but it didn't seem like much happened compared to previous finales. I'll be looking forward to next season though, of course.

Spoiler:
I loved John at the end with the fresh meat though.
Old 03-21-12, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Good finale, but I actually thought season 3's finale was a little better.

Some highlights:

* Cooper and Tang at the car wash searching for the robbery suspect. Very intense scene.

* Cooper's confrontation with Tang at the bar. Very well done scene. He was pissed at Tang the entire day and I liked that they let everything out there.

* Fat ass eating that lady's neckless. at Cooper saying give him a Fat Burger and some ex-lax.

I was actually a little annoyed with Ben's personal crusade to save that 13-year old and find the Pimp. Lou Diamond Phillips was 100% correct what he told Ben about it. It felt a little forced and happened way too fast.

A little surprised they brought back Michael Jace as Lydia's ex and who is the father of her kid. He was last seen in 1 episode back in season 1. Her pregnancy storyline was probably the least interesting part of the finale. And I'm surprised Robinson was MIA.

The ending was cool with Cooper bringing in the fresh meat and Tang starting her new gig. It sucks that Cooper and Tang's partnership went up in flames at the end. I liked how it was handled at the end, but they had such good chemistry. The Cooper/Tang storylines were probably the strongest this season. I fully expect Cooper and Lydia to once again have new partners next season.

Last edited by DJariya; 03-21-12 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-21-12, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

So Sherman planted that gun right? He was seen cleaning 2 guns and the one found on the pimp looked like one of the guns he was cleaning. Crazy how Sherman has quickly turned to the dark side.

I liked Cooper taking the orange play gun nozzle thing as a reminder.
Old 03-22-12, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
So Sherman planted that gun right? He was seen cleaning 2 guns and the one found on the pimp looked like one of the guns he was cleaning. Crazy how Sherman has quickly turned to the dark side.

It sure looked that way. Interesting and ironic after the blowup between him and Sammy over the crack pipe earlier in the season. Ben's really going off the reservation now, and he was such a boy scout before.
Old 03-22-12, 12:23 PM
ams

Originally Posted by Deftones

They certainly set it up to appear as if he planted that gun. The whole thing pointed in that direction.

However, the gun in the beginning of the episode is not the same one. The one in the beginning looked like a stainless steel S&W (all silver color), the gun on the suspect was a dual tone Glock or USP.

If they did intend to point us in that direction, that is sloppy execution.
Old 03-22-12, 12:27 PM
ams

Just found this quote by the actor that plays Ben:

"It tips Ben over into another place. ... You are certainly left to believe that he has made a pretty serious decision that is pretty far outside the bounds of what he ought to do morally, legally, ethically. It's pretty severe. It is a far, far cry from where we started.
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Southlan...p-1045070.aspx

Looks like they did want viewers to believe that he planted that gun. Ugh.
Hell, maybe it had nothing to do with the gun in the beginning.