Old 03-15-12, 04:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts
The Vampire Diaries -- "1912" -- 3/15/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-03-15

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The present-day murders in Mystic Falls remind Damon (Ian Somerhalder) of a similar crime spree a century earlier. In flashbacks to 1912, Damon recalls a beautiful vampire, Sage (guest star Cassidy Freeman), who showed him a whole new way to exist. Sheriff Forbes (Marguerite MacIntyre) warns Damon not to get involved in her investigation, but Damon is convinced she's going after the wrong suspect. Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Matt (Zach Roerig) resort to breaking and entering in their search for evidence to prove Dr. Fell (guest star Torrey Devitto) is a murderer. For reasons known only to her, Rebekah (guest star Claire Holt), becomes interested in locating one of the town's oldest landmarks. Finally, Elena comes to a new understanding of the path her life has taken, and Damon makes an emotional confession to Stefan (Paul Wesley). John Behring directed the episode written by Julie Plec & Elisabeth R. Finch (#316).

Episode 16 of 22

Preview:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NciXMprsdt8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-18-12, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "1912" -- 3/15/12

Hmmm, surprised that noone here has watched/commented on this yet.

Pretty good episode. Alot more entertaining than The Secret Circle's return from the month break. I love the flashback episodes. I think the creators of this show do a great job with the backstory and mythology of Mystic Falls. I liked that this episode gave a little of the origin of the "Ripper" storyline.

at Alaric yet dodging another bullet. I loved the reveal at the end about the magic ring turning people into killers. So I'm guessing based on the last episode, Alaric actually discovered the evidence that implicated him in the Founders murders and Meredith shot him to protect him. So the woman who murdered Damon and Stefan's "nephew or relative" with the magic ring was a Gilbert...Interesting.

Very nice seeing Cassidy Freeman again. She looked pretty hot in the period attire. Looks like she will be on the show again next week in present time.

to no Caroline and I chose her as the promo picture this week.
Old 03-18-12, 05:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Hmmm, surprised that noone here has watched/commented on this yet.

Pretty good episode. Alot more entertaining than The Secret Circle's return from the month break. I love the flashback episodes. I think the creators of this show do a great job with the backstory and mythology of Mystic Falls. I liked that this episode gave a little of the origin of the "Ripper" storyline.
Well, every single episode of this show has been MUCH better than every single episode of TSC so that's no surprise

Can't say I'm in love with this Alaric twist though.
Old 03-19-12, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

My guess is there will be another twist to the Alaric reveal that the ring is turning him bad. I honestly thought they were going to off Matt in this episode, solely because he got a lot more screen time than usual and he had a moment with Elena.
Old 03-19-12, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

I keep waiting for Matt to get revealed as the killer or in in somebody's else's side.

I like the Evil Ring twist - gives some meaning to Alaric that has been missing for a long time.

As usual I did not miss Bonnie. However, I'm continually amazed at how much this show does week to week when more than half the cast is on a breather.

I guess Jeremy is really gone?

I hope a fixed Tyler will show up sooner than later. I liked his good self with Bonnie.

Interesting twist wih Stephan this week too. Loved Dameon's reaction.
Old 03-19-12, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think this show has had a lot more hits than misses. I have to give props to the writers for , so far, being able to "redeem" the most annoying characters. The new Doctor being the latest. I think the writers have said Jeremy will be back.. He kind of has to now. He's a Gilbert with a ring that will turn him psycho.

Poor Ric, just can not catch a break.
Old 03-19-12, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

Btw, I'm still working through Greek and recently saw the Candice Accola episode. "Chhi!", indeed!