DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Finding Bigfoot thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/599737-finding-bigfoot-thread.html)

Lateralus 03-11-12 04:50 PM

Finding Bigfoot thread

I guess I started this thread a bit late as the season finale is on this evening, does anybody watch this?

I think it is a interesting show, but yeah it could be easily faked. I'm a non-believer but I think it would be fun to go squatching.

Josh-da-man 03-11-12 05:03 PM

Re: Finding Bigfoot thread

I think Bobo is a squatch.

There are clues scattered throughout the program.

mugwump 03-11-12 05:50 PM

My boys are into it and I get a kick when Bobo goes solo.

Lateralus 03-11-12 06:20 PM

I think Bobo talks to much about "puckering' I find it disgusting. I would rather find an aggressive male Bigfoot in the woods than a Puckering Bobo.

resinrats 03-11-12 07:56 PM

I kept laughing a few episodes ago when they kept calling Bigfoot the 'Wood booger'. It hasn't happened in a few episodes but sometimes they hear things in the woods but then they move to the next location. If they're looking for it and it might be near, stay there.

Giles 03-11-12 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by resinrats (Post 11148266)
I kept laughing a few episodes ago when they kept calling Bigfoot the 'Wood booger'. It hasn't happened in a few episodes but sometimes they hear things in the woods but then they move to the next location. If they're looking for it and it might be near, stay there.

I agree, why chase it, let it come closer.

Lateralus 03-11-12 08:51 PM

Yeah in the Kentucky episode a couple in a remote cabin says Bigfoots come by several times a month, then they gave them Moonshine and BBQ, why not just stay there?

mikehunt 03-11-12 09:24 PM

I haven't watch any of this season, I did record a bunch from one of the marathons months ago
I remember that they seem to be really half assed in some of their attempts, unfortunately I can't remember specific examples

Shady12 03-12-12 02:58 PM

Don't watch these kinds of shows just because we know there will be no proof presented. If there was we'd see it on the news before the episode aired.

Guru Askew 03-12-12 03:03 PM

spoiler alert for the rest of the series:

Spoiler:
They never find bigfoot

resinrats 03-12-12 03:03 PM

What I am wondering is they always say deer and elk are food sources for Bigfoot. Why aren't humans on the menu? I'd think we'd be an easier meal then chasing down deer. Sure, hunters have weapons so they can put up a fight but it seems a lot of the reports are from weaponless people. You'd think there would be some reports of missing people that people think Bigfoot was the cause.

whotony 03-12-12 10:20 PM

This is the dumbest of these types of shows.

I made it through five or six eps in season one but only five minutes of season two.

The biggest eye roller of all shows, and the worst part is when they here some howl and say "that was a squatch."
No it wasn't. There are no squatches, just plain stupid.

JTH182 03-13-12 04:41 AM

haha, I'm absolutely addicted to this show! I even got a "GONE SQUATCHIN" hat like the one in my sig! It's so stupid it's funny

mugwump 03-13-12 06:50 AM

I particularly like the town hall part of each episode.

Toothless Local: "This here giant hairy thang come up out of the woods, did the Charleston with my cat, and then drove off in my F-150 while flipping me the bird."

Bobo: "Definitely a Squatch."

Josh-da-man 03-13-12 07:53 PM

I saw a squatch once.

I was driving down a country road one afternoon and, about couple hundred yards down the road, I saw a dark, bipedal figure walk across the road, look in a mailbox, then walk back across the road toward a farmhouse. It was both terrifying and awe-inspiring, and an experience I feel fortunate to have had.

Jason 03-13-12 08:15 PM

I just love it when they're standing out in the woods in the middle of the night and that guy lets loose one of those insane, blood-curdling howls. Of course, the only response they're likely to really get is the distant shout of some camper a half-a-mile away, screaming "Jesus Christ, what the HELL was that?"

Lateralus 03-14-12 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jason (Post 11150856)
I just love it when they're standing out in the woods in the middle of the night and that guy lets loose one of those insane, blood-curdling howls. Of course, the only response they're likely to really get is the distant shout of some camper a half-a-mile away, screaming "Jesus Christ, what the HELL was that?"

rotfl I always imagined the same thing. In the Kentucky episode they heard gunshots, I'd be shooting too if I heard that.

Lateralus 01-07-13 10:40 AM

Anybody watching this season?

One word: Boring

Last season after a good episode they had me second guessing whether I wanted to take my garbage out at night time, this season nothing. No knocks, no howls, no ifa-red images nothing.

d2cheer 01-07-13 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lateralus (Post 11530019)

Last season after a good episode they had me second guessing whether I wanted to take my garbage out at night time, this season nothing. No knocks, no howls, no ifa-red images nothing.

:shrug:
Maybe because its not real?

resinrats 01-07-13 12:20 PM

The one in Austrailia was decent when they heard that growl. But unless they discover one, they are pretty much all going to be the same. Still don't like Moneymaker.

Wonder if they have a plan if they do run across one. Renee doesn't believe it but the other three do. What if the find one that is pissed? Do they have any ideas what to do to protect themselves? Same thing but what if a bear or couger shows up. Are they just resigned to be torn apart & eaten?

Tom Creo 01-07-13 11:48 PM

This is what I say to all my 'squatch belivin' friends and family: where is the shit? All these years and nobody has produced a fucking stool sample.

mdc3000 01-08-13 08:00 AM

^That is just definitive proof that Bigfoot eats his own shit.

Jason 01-08-13 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lateralus (Post 11530019)

That's because it's the exact same thing every week. You can't find what doesn't exist.

Guru Askew 01-08-13 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 11150820)
I saw a squatch once.

I was driving down a country road one afternoon and, about couple hundred yards down the road, I saw a dark, bipedal figure walk across the road, look in a mailbox, then walk back across the road toward a farmhouse. It was both terrifying and awe-inspiring, and an experience I feel fortunate to have had.

Artist's conception:

http://www.angelfire.com/mh/salem/pi...ilman_BACK.gif

PhantomStranger 01-09-13 09:44 PM

Bigfoot was a much more interesting topic thirty years ago, when all you heard about it would be the occasional television special rerunning the infamous '60s footage from California. By this point in 2013, there had to have been literally dozens and dozens of television specials and investigative episodes featuring the hunt for Bigfoot.

I blame the X-Files' success, which drove the popularity of oddities and paranormal phenomena to never-before-seen heights.