Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Celebrity Apprentice -- Season 5 Thread -- Sundays (NBC)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Celebrity Apprentice -- Season 5 Thread -- Sundays (NBC)

Old 04-22-12, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts
Re: The Celebrity Apprentice -- Season 5 Thread -- Sundays (NBC)

I thought the previews showed major Arsenio vs. Aubrey fireworks for this episode. Did I miss something? Their disagreement seemed pretty minor overall.

I figured Penn was gonna be in trouble this week and I guess his slogan was enough of an excuse to fire him. Even with the men doing well early on, now it's down to only 2 men against 4 women.
Old 04-22-12, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 478 Likes on 314 Posts

Did they put Lisa on medication? For the first time she seemed reasonable and pleasant. I was shocked until I saw the clips for next weeks show and once again she is bawling like a launatic.

There was some suspense for me during the boardroom, as for the first time Trump successfully faked me out thinking he was going to fire Clay. It sounded like he was making his final remarks before moving onto what's her name and finally, "Pin".

Aubrey's display looked like shit, but after listening to the Macy's anaylsis, I conclude wholeheartedly it was by far the better project.
Old 04-22-12, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm getting tired of Trump picking on these guys for who they call back. It's their call as project manager, good or bad. It's not hard to understand why Clay called Dayana back. She's perceived as weak and that makes her a target. Bravo for her for keeping herself in the game. Penn clearly deserved the boot if for only throwing the burden of project manager on to someone else rather than himself. Even Clay pointed out at the start that for a guy who wasn't comfortable with leading the project Penn had a lot of ideas for it. I'm really hoping to see Aubrey fall on her face and not make it to the final two. Everything's her idea ya know.
Old 04-22-12, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

I want to go on record as saying Aubrey can put her vagina at the back of my neck ANYTIME.
Old 04-22-12, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

I love how they talked about Dayana being the best thing about the task simply because of the picture. The picture idea that she didn't even come up with. She rambled about nonsense and acted like she came up with an idea.
Old 04-22-12, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
Penn looks absolutely miserable. I'm surprised he hasn't faked having chest pains just so that he'd have an excuse to leave.
He finally got his wish. We were joking tonight how for at least the last few weeks every time his team won or he wasn't brought back to the board room he would look more dejected than the people on the losing team. As if to confirm, his closing remarks were essentially "What does it take to get fired from this show?"
Old 04-22-12, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
I want to go on record as saying Aubrey can put her vagina at the back of my neck ANYTIME.
Old 04-23-12, 05:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was fine with Aubrey saying that she thought of the slogan idea, but she most definitely should have gave credit to Arsenio for finding the video so that they could tell everyone that it was a Trump quote.

Glad Penn is gone. He has been out of it ever since Clay confronted him. He's pretty weak if you ask me. That's the most surprising thing I learned from this show because I thought he was this big badass that let everything roll off his shoulders.

Loved the preview for next week.
Old 04-23-12, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I liked the picture that Clay's team did, but the details that Aubrey put in to her display and presentation is what made it clear to me that she was going to win.

I think Arsenio is pretty useless at this point. Teresa upstaged him - that is pretty bad. She was volunteering to do random painting without Aubrey even having to boss her around.

The reason Aubrey fought back about the quote is because she thought it up. She never said or disagreed with Arsenio that he didn't find the video that solidified the use of it as far as I could tell. Really other than that, I don't think Arsenio did much at all.

I was very confused as to why Diana was getting so much praise. Sure, she was the model in the picture they loved. But the picture was not her idea. No one seemed to be able to convey that to Trump (looking at you Clay and Penn).

I had a feeling that Penn was going to get cut since Trump seemed to only be focused on Macy's really hating their slogan.

Next week looks like it is going to be fun! I think it is going to be Aubrey vs Lisa or Aubrey vs Clay for the finale.
Old 04-23-12, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Unless they editted most of it out, Penn did a horrible job selling himself to Trump to stay. It seemed if he would have enforced that it was HIS idea to do the picture the way it was done, the outcome might have been different. I also don't get all the Dayanna praise on the show... wow, she posed for a picture. Wtf, that is her being "great"? Like they couldn't have just as easily hired somene to do that? Penn generally doesn't bad mouth people though, but I think anyone with a bit stronger presence in the boardroom would have been able to successfully defend himself there.
Old 04-23-12, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Also, the photo was stretched horizontally beyond belief. Did anybody catch that? Very poor job, IMO.
Old 04-23-12, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeraden
Unless they editted most of it out, Penn did a horrible job selling himself to Trump to stay. It seemed if he would have enforced that it was HIS idea to do the picture the way it was done, the outcome might have been different. I also don't get all the Dayanna praise on the show... wow, she posed for a picture. Wtf, that is her being "great"? Like they couldn't have just as easily hired somene to do that? Penn generally doesn't bad mouth people though, but I think anyone with a bit stronger presence in the boardroom would have been able to successfully defend himself there.
Have you watched the show? Penn was miserable... I don't think he wanted to stay.
Old 04-23-12, 06:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Clay played some serious mind game on Penn that he was never able to recover from. I think Penn decided right then and there that he was in a no-win situation. "I've never felt so set up in my life". He knew it was a battle that he could not win without losing his dignity. I think Penn is a decent guy at heart. I'm glad he didn't go the Lisa route.
Old 04-24-12, 08:19 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Carolla was going off on Dayana's "record" of surviving so many board rooms today...his best analogy was that it's like the little leaguer who sets a record for starting the most games at pitcher - but his dad is the coach.

Anything any of the Trumps say about her cannot be taken at all seriously.

I actually stopped watching the show after Carolla left, doesn't sound like I've missed much.
Old 04-24-12, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by aktick
I actually stopped watching the show after Carolla left, doesn't sound like I've missed much.
It's actually still been really fun.
Old 04-24-12, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

^I agree, though thank goodness I can watch it on a DVR which cuts it to about 75 minutes.
Old 04-24-12, 10:04 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see...based on this thread it didn't sound that way.

I hadn't watched in a few years, there was just waaaaay too much board room each episode for my liking. Trump is obviously the worst part of the show.
Old 04-24-12, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by aktick

Yeah, you missed a lot. It was actually pretty boring towards the beginning when Carolla was on. The show actually got MORE entertaining when he got the boot.
Old 04-24-12, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm surprised Arsenio wasn't afraid he'd get some sort of rash on his neck after the previous comments he made about Aubrey.
Old 04-24-12, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 715 Likes on 585 Posts

Did anyone see Aubrey on the Tonight Show?

She must have bought tickets for her family and friends because there were actually people cheering for her in the crowd.

She was thinking of going to law school before doing Making the Band.

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/Ynf7UfWGQpcYbRUsuB_OdQ"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/Ynf7UfWGQpcYbRUsuB_OdQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/8ibyQ_llCAeZXmCGIXwNFQ"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/8ibyQ_llCAeZXmCGIXwNFQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 04-24-12, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
Did anyone see Aubrey on the Tonight Show?

She must have bought tickets for her family and friends because there were actually people cheering for her in the crowd.
If Jay Leno can get cheers on that show, anyone can.
Old 04-25-12, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 380 Likes on 306 Posts

Aubrey's display was horrible. It reminded me of a 7th graders science project. There were parting lines visible and that ridiculous silhouette of Trump's kid was laughable. Aubrey's pretty, but her attitude sucks and since I never heard of her before her venture into the world of C-list celebrity shows, I hope I don't have to hear of her after this is over in 3 weeks.
Old 04-25-12, 10:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
Old 04-25-12, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
Red hair dye?
Old 04-29-12, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

I thought that was a pretty fun task. I think Arsenio's skit would have worked better as a commercial with some f/x of the dancers coming out of the phone. Cheerleaders were lame though as was the terrible drum part. Dayanna's Clay's song was fantastic, but yeah a bit too safe.

Kinda crap that the task was to create a jingle and only one team had a memorable jingle...the team that lost. I had to laugh when the executive said Arsenio's "jingle" was stuck in his head. I thought it was terribly forgettable. Guess that shows how arbitrary these decisions are.

Trump continually shilling for "Ms Universe" is pathetic. Carolla hit the nail on the head on that topic. Glad she's finally gone. She was the female Lou.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.