Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: One World -- Season Premiere -- "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" -- 2/15/12

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: One World -- Season Premiere -- "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" -- 2/15/12

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-12, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-02-15

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
"Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - It's a battle of the sexes when tribes are separated into men versus women, but they are in dismay when they learn of a game-changing twist - they must share one beach. Meanwhile, castaways are shocked when a tribe's true colors are revealed at a competitive immunity challenge, on SURVIVOR: ONE WORLD, Wednesday, Feb. 15 (8:00-9:00:15 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Yay, it's back and with no returning people.

I'm out of town right now, so I'll watch it when I get home.

I'll let Auto handle the rest of the season since Survivor threads are his thing.
Old 02-15-12, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts
Re: Survivor: One World -- Season Premiere -- "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" -- 2/1

Not related to this season, but here is an interesting article about some of the behind the scenes stuff from former cast members.

The tribe members have spoken: 8 secrets of ‘Survivor’
Old 02-15-12, 07:21 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Re: Survivor: One World -- Season Premiere -- "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" -- 2/1

The first 20 minutes have been great so far.

Don't underestimate a country girl.

"At least I got chicken." - Leroy Jenkins
Old 02-15-12, 07:41 PM

There's a reason that Jeff said to cross your arms over your chest.

Good grief.
Old 02-15-12, 07:44 PM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well there goes $2
Old 02-15-12, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by AJW
Well there goes $2
I know how you feel. My first try at the Survivor game and I picked Sugar. Why do the tatt-girls get out first.
Old 02-15-12, 08:07 PM

I already love Country Girl Chelsea. She seems to be the smartest and most competent player out of all the women, by far. Which isn't saying much, but still. She's definitely the hottest as well.

Nobody else really stands out to cheer for.
Old 02-15-12, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Djariya!
Old 02-15-12, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

The percentage of unlikeable/annoying players seems pretty high this season. If Colton gets the airtime that Cochran got last season, I don't think I can make it. Courtney seemed cool so of course she goes first
Old 02-15-12, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Did they go out of their way to find the gayest possible guy? Geez, what a stereotype.

They did the men vs. women before, but I can't Remeber what the dynamic was like with those women. These women are acting exactly how I'd expect a group of 9 women to act. Sorry if that offends anyone.

I loved them being appalled at the men not giving them fire and taking the immunity. It was the right move in both places. Like that one chick said, she's used to seeing men be chivalrous but that goes out the window in this game. With that said, I don't know how I'd react with the fire. I don't know if I could be that mean, I would have taken the chicken when they offered it.

Im already digging the one world dynamic.

That one guy, Matt, I believe is a complete asshole. It won't be long before he has a blow up with some women. That'll be fun to see.
Old 02-15-12, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Goat3001
They did the men vs. women before, but I can't Remeber what the dynamic was like with those women. These women are acting exactly how I'd expect a group of 9 women to act. Sorry if that offends anyone.
Actually, in that season the female tribe kicked ass. At one point, it was down to 6 women and just one guy. And then the women started acting as you'd expect and the sole guy ended up winning (even though he was a pretty worthless player)
Old 02-15-12, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by brainee
Actually, in that season the female tribe kicked ass. At one point, it was down to 6 women and just one guy. And then the women started acting as you'd expect and the sole guy ended up winning (even though he was a pretty worthless player)
I thought Chris did a good job pulling off that win.
Old 02-15-12, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

As much as they made the guys look like sore winners for taking that win, who can blame them in a game like this? They were ahead anyway, and this guarantees the other tribe loses someone. Turns out it didn't matter, but still.

Sad to see Kourtney go. But I do like that the tribes are really playing the game as tribes even though they're on the same beach.
Old 02-15-12, 10:31 PM

It never changes. Chivalry in a game for a million dollars? How 'bout, they were told to cross their arms over their chest so suck it, bitch. Enjoy your not million dollars for not following simple directions.
Old 02-15-12, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
I thought Chris did a good job pulling off that win.
I guess it depends on whether you give him the credit for breaking apart all the women, or place blame on the women for self-destructing.

I wouldn't mind a return of a "Fat Five" style alliance this season ... just to see the smugness of some of those frat boys get wiped off their faces.

And yeah ... no way, if the positions were reversed, would the women give up a guaranteed win because of "honor". Have they all been watching a different game these last 20+ seasons?
Old 02-15-12, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

How hard is it to hide a damn immunity idol? How many seasons is it now where it is found almost instantly? Why not just draw rocks for it at the beginning of the game at this point? All they have to do is bury it a couple feet in the ground and they can go back to clues.

It would seem Colton is either out right away or going deep in this game given the airtime, and given that the he has the idol it seems like the latter.

They really need to shake up the formula when just a few minutes into the game the women on the way to the damn camp are already setting the alliance of 5. I hope they mix up the tribes somewhere along the way like they use to do in the good ol' days.
Old 02-15-12, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by wirefan
How hard is it to hide a damn immunity idol? How many seasons is it now where it is found almost instantly? Why not just draw rocks for it at the beginning of the game at this point? All they have to do is bury it a couple feet in the ground and they can go back to clues.
clearly some shady producer interference there. The note with the HII said the idol (if found by the wrong tribe) must be given to the other team before their 1st tribal council. Hmm. How would they know the idol would be found before the 1st tribal council if the producers didn't make is painfully obvious where it was? It again makes Russell twice finding the HII suspect.
Old 02-15-12, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I thought this was a really good start to a new season. The drama started before they even got to camp with the men stealing the women's loot. We got a game-ending injury during the first challenge. Then we get a screaming match at the first tribal council. Couldn't have asked for a better start really.

Originally Posted by chowderhead
clearly some shady producer interference there. The note with the HII said the idol (if found by the wrong tribe) must be given to the other team before their 1st tribal council. Hmm. How would they know the idol would be found before the 1st tribal council if the producers didn't make is painfully obvious where it was? It again makes Russell twice finding the HII suspect.
It said "before the next tribal council."
Old 02-15-12, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

I think it meant that it had to be given to the other team before the next tribal council after the idol was found.
Old 02-15-12, 11:57 PM

They should hide the HII in the stomach of a shark or at the bottom of an active volcano. Let's get creative people!
Old 02-16-12, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinobi
I already love Country Girl Chelsea. She seems to be the smartest and most competent player out of all the women, by far. Which isn't saying much, but still. She's definitely the hottest as well.
Truth!
Old 02-16-12, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Millions of dollars are at stake for the producers. You can bet they use the idol to shape the outcome of the narrative as much as they can. This was pretty blatantly fixed for a certain outcome.
Old 02-16-12, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

That douche Michael (who I missed out on in the DVDTalk game) said in his intro video that he was going to play honestly.

Originally Posted by Shinobi

The percentage of unlikeable/annoying players seems pretty high this season.

Originally Posted by Goat3001
Did they go out of their way to find the gayest possible guy? Geez, what a stereotype.

, though I don't think he was worthless.

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
As much as they made the guys look like sore winners for taking that win, who can blame them in a game like this? They were ahead anyway, and this guarantees the other tribe loses someone.

Originally Posted by TerryW
It never changes. Chivalry in a game for a million dollars? How 'bout, they were told to cross their arms over their chest so suck it, bitch. Enjoy your not million dollars for not following simple directions.
Old 02-16-12, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only one who got on my nerves was Alicia. Someone should tell her that being an ugly horse toothed troll with a fat ass doesn't make you tough. I love how Christina just told her to shut up.
Old 02-16-12, 03:26 AM

I loved when Jeff says, "Nina, with a face plant."

Spoiler:

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.