Old 02-14-12, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Glee -- "Heart" -- 2/14/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-14

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Jeff Goldblum ("Jurassic Park") and Brian Stokes Mitchell ("Kiss Me, Kate") Guest-Star

In honor of Valentine's Day, Will challenges the New Directions to find and perform the world's greatest love songs. Meanwhile, Rachel's two dads Hiram (Jeff Goldblum) and LeRoy Berry (Brian Stokes Mitchell) pay a visit to McKinley High in the all-new "Heart" episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, Feb. 14 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-313) (TV-14 D, L, S)

Episode 13 of 22

FYI, next week is the Winter Finale. Glee is going on hiatus for almost 2 months to make room for Breaking In. Actually Tuesday is going to be a 2 hour comedy block for FOX.
Old 02-14-12, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Re: Glee -- "Heart" -- 2/14/12

Damn...forgot about that other hiatus. I still enjoy the show, but these long breaks aren't doing it any favors.
Old 02-14-12, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
Damn...forgot about that other hiatus. I still enjoy the show, but these long breaks aren't doing it any favors.
Obviously not, judging by the number of posts here. Time to kiss Glee bye bye. Too bad, it started out so well. The whole engagement story is a waste of time.
Old 02-14-12, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glee is the television equivalent of TROLL 2.

It's just so damn awful that I keep watching it to see if it can possible get any worse, and somehow it always does.
Old 02-15-12, 11:09 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The inner conflict with the new Jesus kid (the other Glee Project winner) could have been an interesting storyline, but then they wrapped it up too cleanly. They had a chance to really explore the conflict a kid in his position might have went through with that decision, but instead just gave it lip service before going for the feel-good wrap-up. It would have been nice to have a shade of grey character for a change, a generally nice person who's a bit uneasy with homosexuality without being a *completely* intolerant a-hole bigot... someone who was raised to believe a certain thing and has to deal with the confusion when he starts to befriend someone like Kurt or Brittany. And they may still do this, but that "love is love" line made it sound like they were wrapping up that idea and moving on.
Old 02-15-12, 03:26 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

eerie that "I Will Always Love You" was sung in this episode (yes I know it's both a Dolly Parton song and Whitney Houston cover)
Old 02-15-12, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by Giles
eerie that "I Will Always Love You" was sung in this episode (yes I know it's both a Dolly Parton song and Whitney Houston cover)
I was wondering whether that was planned--I couldn't imagine they could react to the news that quickly. I can't believe I'm going to US Weekly for news.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainm...ve-you-2012152

Riley's rousing cover was written and planned by Glee's team long before Houston's death, but producers of the show dedicated the episode to Houston by adding a final title card at the end credits: "Whitney Houston 1963-2012. We will always love you."
Old 02-16-12, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by sloopy30
I did love her rendition of whitney houston though.
I did too. I enjoyed most of the performances in this episode. I will say, Kurt was the perfect person to hop in on Love Shack,lol.