The Walking Dead -- Winter Premiere -- "Nebraska" -- 2/12/12

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead -- Winter Premiere -- "Nebraska" -- 2/12/12

Old 02-13-12, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Winter Premiere -- "Nebraska" -- 2/12/12

Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley View Post
Lori's field trip and car crash is the worst "dumb bitch in peril" plot device since Teri Bauer got amnesia in season one of 24. Give me a break.
Come now, 24 topped themselves with Kim and the Cougar in season 2! Although someone else pointed that out already.
Old 02-13-12, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 462 Likes on 328 Posts

Hopefully, the realization that there might be others that will be looking for Britt and Fatso will force them off the farm to look for something more secure. And knowing there are others will hopefully provide some interaction.

I wouldn't even mind at this point if 1 or 2 episodes dealt with a different set of survivors and they meet up at some point with the group.
Old 02-13-12, 06:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was so excited to see Rene and then they just throw him away.

He should have still had the Louisiana accent.
Old 02-13-12, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo View Post
Hopefully, the realization that there might be others that will be looking for Britt and Fatso will force them off the farm to look for something more secure. And knowing there are others will hopefully provide some interaction.

I wouldn't even mind at this point if 1 or 2 episodes dealt with a different set of survivors and they meet up at some point with the group.
Great, could be like the tale section survivors on lost.
Old 02-13-12, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

'Walking Dead' return delivers monster ratings
by James Hibberd

AMC’s midseason return of The Walking Dead broke the show’s previous records.

On Sunday night, the zombie drama had 8.1 million viewers and 5.4 million viewers among adults 18-49. That’s TV’s biggest drama series telecast in the adult demo in basic cable history. That’s up 12 percent in the demo compared to the show’s previous record, October’s season 2 premiere. Combined with its encore, Walking Dead had 10.1 million viewers for the night.

Which is awesome and all, but … you realize it’s only going to encourage the writers to do more chatty-chat farm-based episodes, right? Lot of fans feel like the show is in danger of turning into, uh, Little House on the Zombie Prairie (sorry, best I could do). Here’s our interview with writer Robert Kirkman about last night’s episode where he promises, “Things just keep getting worse from here” (meaning in a fun way, of course).

At 10 p.m., AMC’s new series Comic Book Men executive produced by Kevin Smith had 2 million viewers. That’s not bad for an unscripted show on AMC, but it would be a lot more impressive if not for its massive Walking Dead lead-in.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/13/wa...atings-return/

A lot of people are still hate watching!
Old 02-13-12, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,962 Likes on 1,435 Posts

Wow, after being off the air since November, those numbers are fricking amazing. 8.1M viewers just for the 1st airing alone and according to the official press release, 10.1 including the encores.
Old 02-13-12, 07:53 PM

I haven't read prior threads about the episodes for season two, but people are hating? I mean, I can see where the show's had a sophomore slump (as most do), but it's still more entertaining than most other shows going right now.
Old 02-13-12, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Awesome ratings
Old 02-13-12, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RoadToPerdition View Post
I haven't read prior threads about the episodes for season two, but people are hating? I mean, I can see where the show's had a sophomore slump (as most do), but it's still more entertaining than most other shows going right now.
Yeah, it's not perfect - but it is certainly still fun to watch at the very least, and quite excellent at its best. As in this week's conclusion, which was outstanding. And I liked how the entire episode built this moral dilemma around Shane's character, only to shatter it with Rick's sudden turn as a killer.

I don't really have a problem with the farm. So I don't mind if they still stay for a while. I don't understand why people who constantly complain about the illogical things the characters do in this show want them to leave the farm so badly, when that would be a highly illogical thing to do.

They have water, they have relative isolation, they have shelter, and they have a 'doctor'. I suppose the dead guys' buddies will put a damper on the whole thing soon though.

But Lori - seriously what the hell. Not a necessary or even possibly interesting storyline when there is so much to work with when your series takes place during a ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE. Seriously, a pregnant woman in a car accident?
Old 02-13-12, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 462 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Nausicaa View Post
But Lori - seriously what the hell. Not a necessary or even possibly interesting storyline when there is so much to work with when your series takes place during a ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE. Seriously, a pregnant woman in a car accident?
Say she loses the baby and/or dies, then there's no need for Hershel. Rick made that clear that Herschel is the only reason they want to stay on the farm, to have any kind of person with medical training for the baby. This might give everyone the chance to leave.

Or it's just a reason for them to stay on the farm even longer to care for Lori.

Even Glen is contemplating leaving when he's got a hot piece of ass there.
Old 02-13-12, 08:37 PM

I don't really have a problem with the farm. So I don't mind if they still stay for a while. I don't understand why people who constantly complain about the illogical things the characters do in this show want them to leave the farm so badly, when that would be a highly illogical thing to do.

They have water, they have relative isolation, they have shelter, and they have a 'doctor'.
Yeah, good points. I think probably everyone knows it won't last forever, it's just a big change of pace from the first season where they're constantly on the go. I'd like to see them move past the farm at this point too, but I get why they, as "people," stay as long as possible.
Old 02-13-12, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

at those ratings. I'm surprised with the lack of zombie action that they've stayed so strong.
Old 02-13-12, 09:36 PM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know if everyone watched the after show but Dave Navaro was great. In what is essentially a promo piece for the show, Navarro was very critical with Mazarra next to him. I'm sure Mazarra was taken aback.
Old 02-13-12, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm really getting bored with this show. It's just so drab.
Old 02-13-12, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

8 million viewers...and why is AMC cutting costs on this show?
Old 02-13-12, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 900 Likes on 605 Posts

Originally Posted by Navinabob View Post
I'm not sure if you've read the source material, but human vs. human violence might happen more often then human vs. zombie in the series (or at least it is close). I'm definitely sure most character casualties in the series comes from other humans.

Zombies may be deadly, but they are also slow, lumbering & stupid;they usually serve as something closer to a hostile environment as opposed to an antagonist. Picture a scifi movie where people are trapped on a moon-base. The lack of atmosphere is constantly deadly presence that the characters always have to be mindful of, but typically, it isn't what the main conflict is about.

The zombie action is about right actually.
Great point. Living Dead/Zombie films have NEVER really been about the Living Dead/Zombies. They just serve a backdrop for the Human Drama. You know, the "what happens to civilized folks when the worlds shuts down and all breaks loose".

That said, I can understand why folks are bitching about the lack of Human V LD/Z action.
Old 02-13-12, 11:29 PM

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by redrum View Post
Mad Men producers played hardball for a bigger budget.
Old 02-13-12, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

gotta pay money for low rated but critically acclaimed Mad Men.
Old 02-14-12, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

It's because the writers completely failed to create compelling drama on the farm. It's just been boring.
Old 02-14-12, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by blairwitchfan View Post
I don't know if everyone watched the after show but Dave Navaro was great. In what is essentially a promo piece for the show, Navarro was very critical with Mazarra next to him. I'm sure Mazarra was taken aback.
What did he say?
Old 02-14-12, 04:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RoadToPerdition View Post
Is it me or do people say this about everything?

Just a few days ago someone said the same thing about SW:Episode I in regards to other movies.

I'd really like to see a list of these other shows that, seemingly most shows on the air, are better than.
Old 02-14-12, 04:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm thinking the producers of Walking Dead need to ring up a few other networks to see what kind of production deal they can get. Those viewship numbers are insane.
Old 02-14-12, 07:26 AM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
What did he say?
- They should get off the farm already, I wanna see more zombies, and then when they were talking about the girl that is in shock and in bed now, he said "that's all we need is another kid stuck in bed all season" lol
Old 02-14-12, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just think, in about 20 years we'll forget all this nonsense about how bad this show is, and move on to better topics, like who shot first.
Old 02-14-12, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo View Post
Is it me or do people say this about everything?
It'd only be problematic if the same person was saying it about everything. It's to be expected that any given popular show will have fans who think it's the best thing on TV.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.