Old 02-07-12, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Justified -- "The Devil You Know" -- 2/07/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-01-05

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
A daring prison escape puts Raylan on the trail of two old foes. Meanwhile, Boyd confronts a traitor in his inner circle.

Episode 4 of 13

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8B4PdhKN96k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-07-12, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Justified -- "The Devil You Know" -- 2/07/12

Watched Harlan Roulette again last night, just because a) it is that awesome and b) to get ready for tonight.

Can't wait!
Old 02-07-12, 06:05 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Fun fact: James Le Gros (Wade) played Raylan Givens in 1997 TV movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119957/
Old 02-07-12, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i hope we see more of gay, sharp shootin, Deputy Marshall Tim.
Old 02-07-12, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not as blown away by this week's episode as last, but still a good show. It's amazing when a week like this is a "down" week.

My questions are about Arlo (in relation to Boyd and this episode's ending) and who the prison doc was talking to after he put Dewey out.

Next week looks interesting, to say the least.
Old 02-08-12, 04:05 AM
DVD Talk God

It was a fun episode, but I fricking hate with a passion Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb (Dickie and Dewey) I can only take those 2 knuckleheads in moderation. I'm glad those 2 idiots are just recurring characters this season.

Raylan: "You mean to tell me you got bush whacked by an Imbecile and a undernourished half cripple?"

at Raylan running over Ash 2 times.

Not surprised that they killed off Devil. Kevin Rankin is a series regular on Unforgettable on CBS and that shoots in New York while Justified shoots in Los Angeles.

Boyd was pretty generous to relieve him of his pain.
Old 02-08-12, 05:50 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really liked this episode. And it really cleaned the palette after watching "The River" debacle on ABC.

(Sorry, Djarija. I know you really liked that show, but at least I agree with almost all of your Justified post). Devil was too stupid to last long...he was in way over his head even when he got skillet-whacked by Ava.

The lady marshal must have known was she was doing when she ran her bluff pulling out the latex gloves. Ain't nothing that stinks like pig stuff.

The season previews had me so worked up in anticipation that I had to go grab an RC and moon pie.
Old 02-08-12, 05:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Solid episode... I kind of like these episodes which are a bit slower (for lack of a better word) as it builds the season and overall show, and if every show was breathtaking action and major plot changes it can become almost cartoonish.

I liked the nod Raylan (or more specifically the writers) gave to Season 1 (or was it 2?) when Rachel asked him if he took her to the holler because of her race and he asked her about the time she asked Raylan to go to Harlan. The writers are just tremendous with the small details and their consistency.

I also liked the scene between Devil and Quarles where Quarles knew exactly what Devil was up to and how he could play him.. although at that point it was clear that Devil was not long for the world.

I'm curious to see the dynamic between Boyd and Quarles (assuming Quarles finds out what happened to Devil) - it sets up an interesting three way dynamic between Boyd-Raylan-Quarles and I think at some point Boyd and Raylan will be lined up together against Quarles (kind of like the end of season 1 with the Miami hitman)

And not to sound like a broken record but the Boyd-Omar similarities are almost eerie.... that final scene reminded me a lot of when Omar took out Prop Joe.
Old 02-08-12, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Another solid episode.

This season the show seems to be a little better on an episode by episode basis? Is it just me or is that a fair assessment?
Old 02-08-12, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

I am really interested in checking this show out...would you say one should start at the beginning of the series or can you pick it up along the way? Earlier season are not available on Netflix streaming yet otherwise I would do that.
Old 02-08-12, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by d2cheer
I am really interested in checking this show out...would you say one should start at the beginning of the series or can you pick it up along the way? Earlier season are not available on Netflix streaming yet otherwise I would do that.
Start at the beginning. The show is a mix of serial and procedural, but there is alot of character development that you would need to see from the beginning to fully appreciate what's happening now.
Old 02-08-12, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Begining... you won't regret it. I burned thru S1 in a few days and I have NO time for doing stuff like that.
Old 02-08-12, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

From the start for sure.

Understand though that even though Season One is great...there is a monster quality jump from it to season two and now three.
Old 02-08-12, 02:14 PM

Happy to see Loretta make an appearance, even if it was brief.

I appreciate how the writers really maintain an overall ability to remember things that happened in the past to create a consistent and overall "real" world. In marked contract to something like SOA where things exist only to be dropped and never mentioned again.

even something as small as using the conversation between rachel and raylan using race when talking to people. (i think she used him to question Coover Bennet in season 2). that could have been taken out or never referenced and nothing would be lost. But adding it in gave a whole feeling of continuity, and reality, that things said and done matter on this show.

I bet Bubba Gump claiming not to remember Raylan will come up and have a legitimate reason for occurring, as well as giving some character insight. i also like that even if it doesn't, i can expect something like that while watching.
Old 02-08-12, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by wirefan
Solid episode... I kind of like these episodes which are a bit slower (for lack of a better word) as it builds the season and overall show, and if every show was breathtaking action and major plot changes it can become almost cartoonish.

I liked the nod Raylan (or more specifically the writers) gave to Season 1 (or was it 2?) when Rachel asked him if he took her to the holler because of her race and he asked her about the time she asked Raylan to go to Harlan. The writers are just tremendous with the small details and their consistency.

I also liked the scene between Devil and Quarles where Quarles knew exactly what Devil was up to and how he could play him.. although at that point it was clear that Devil was not long for the world.

I'm curious to see the dynamic between Boyd and Quarles (assuming Quarles finds out what happened to Devil) - it sets up an interesting three way dynamic between Boyd-Raylan-Quarles and I think at some point Boyd and Raylan will be lined up together against Quarles (kind of like the end of season 1 with the Miami hitman)

And not to sound like a broken record but the Boyd-Omar similarities are almost eerie.... that final scene reminded me a lot of when Omar took out Prop Joe.

I was thinking Slim and Marlo took out prop Joe when Cheese sold hm out.
Old 02-08-12, 10:30 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Yeah, nice callback to an earlier season. Not the best episode of the season, but still good. Good sit-down between Boyd and Devil at the end.
Old 02-09-12, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I must've missed something. How did Limestone and his partner get out of their Holler and over to Bennetts' store? I thought they established the only "official" way into or out of their place was the bridge Rachel and the marshalls were on and they already had the pig-stuff-bluff.
Old 02-09-12, 09:41 AM

When they first arrived they told Dickie that his Marshal friends were good and they had the roads all tied up, so he (Limestone) had to use an old underground railroad route.
Old 02-09-12, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks. I need to rewatch that scene.
Old 02-09-12, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was very tired when I watched it...so I apologize for the very dumb question.

The Mags money was only $50,000 grand and receipts....so was that Limehouse taking out money to pay the community to penalize Mags for her shady dealings with the oil company or did Mags tap into the stash that Limehouse was holding to buy up the properties for the oil company and Dickie didn't know that the Limehouse pool was used to acquire said properties?
Old 02-09-12, 10:55 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Mags tapped into her own stash, and never told Dickie.
Old 02-09-12, 12:23 PM

Solid ep. All of the actors are on fire this season. I feel bad when I watch crappy TV and then view this great show.

Best throwaway line

"Gettin' old ain't for pussies"
Old 02-09-12, 02:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Evil

Best throwaway line

"Gettin' old ain't for pussies"

Elmore must be so proud.
Old 02-09-12, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by BigDaddy
I was thinking Slim and Marlo took out prop Joe when Cheese sold hm out.
Ahhh, you're right... brain cramp. (I'll have to watch that season again)
Old 02-09-12, 09:21 PM

We're going to have to ask that you change your name.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.